Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Spellstorm
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2014 :  17:15:30  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Looks like Ed's next novel Spellstorm is slated for June 2nd, 2015. Found it on Amazon today.

Anyone able to provide more insight into a Spellstorm?

I always thought they were literally a storm of spells that gets so bad it damages the Weave and kind of goes into a chain reaction. A Realms version of a nuclear bomb perhaps? Anyone able to clarify?

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  04:12:31  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spellstorm was a 9th level spell detailed in the seven sisters supplement. I do not know whether this spell has anything to do with the upcoming novel, however - I would expect not.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  13:41:38  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think (pretty sure, can't quite remember what book though) it was mentioned in one of those little quote snippets at the beginning of chapters in one of his novels. Supposed to be a pretty scary bad deal to see and something a person is lucky to live through.

Edited by - Eilserus on 17 Sep 2014 13:42:33
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  07:25:31  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ugh, that means after Fire in the Blood in Oct no more Realms novels for another 8-9 months.
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  07:51:54  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

Ugh, that means after Fire in the Blood in Oct no more Realms novels for another 8-9 months.

How about RAS's next one (the sequel to Rise of the King)?

Edited by - BenN on 18 Sep 2014 07:52:16
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  15:37:16  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

How about RAS's next one (the sequel to Rise of the King)?

Vengeance of the Iron Dwarf will be released on February 3, 2015.

http://www.amazon.com/Vengeance-Iron-Dwarf-Companions-Codex/dp/0786965703/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411050866&sr=1-2
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  18:28:51  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh!
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  18:35:21  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't Troy Denning also confirmed to be writing more Realms books? I imagine that his will be released sometime between Erin M Evans' 2 books.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2014 :  00:04:50  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

I think (pretty sure, can't quite remember what book though) it was mentioned in one of those little quote snippets at the beginning of chapters in one of his novels. Supposed to be a pretty scary bad deal to see and something a person is lucky to live through.

Great Memory Eilserus! I never would have remembered that. It Was Elminster in Myth Drannor. The chapter entitled Twenty Spellstorm At Court begins thus:

And so it was that a spellstorm was unleashed in the Court of Cormanthor that day. A true spellstorm is a fearful thing, one of the most terrible dooms one can behold, even if one lives to remember it. Yet some among our People hold far more hatred and fear in their hearts for what happened after the spellstorm blew apart.

Shalheira Talandren, High Elven Bard of Summerstar from Silver Blades And Summer Nights: An Informal But True History of Cormanthor published in The Year of the Harp

Sudden light kindled in the darkness and the dust. Golden motes of light, drifting up from the open hand of a sorceress who seemed no more than an elf-child. Suddenly the Chamber of the Court was no longer lit only by the flashes of spells, the flickering steel of the Coronal's sweeping blade, and the leaping flames of small fires blazing up tapestries here and there.

Like a sunrise in the morning, light returned to the battlefield.
A battlefield the grand Chamber of the Court had become. Bodies lay strewn everywhere, and amid the risen dust, the sky could be seen faintly through the rent in the vaulted roof of the hall. Huge fragments of the toppled pillar lay tumbled behind the floating throne, with dark rivers of blood creeping out from beneath some of them.

As his eyes were dragged up to focus on the Srinshee, El cried out, "Nacacia! Help me! Stop me!"

His mind was flashing through magics as The Masked rummaged his spell roster, seeking one particular spell and, with a warm surge of satisfaction, found it. It was the spell that snatched blades from elsewhere and transported them, flashing in point-first, to where one desired.

Where the Masked desired the points to go was the eyes and the throat and breast and belly of the Srinshee, as she stood on emptiness deflecting the worst magics of the warring elves.

=====================================================================

This passage seems also to reference the spell from the Seven Sisters supplement. Time will tell I suppose.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000