Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 FIRE IN THE BLOOD Giveaway + EXCERPTS
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  18:41:39  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met, all!

I'm running a giveaway for my next Farideh novel, Fire in the Blood, which comes out October 14th. Like last time, this is an evolving "contest"--the more people that enter, the more prizes I'll give away.

TODAY (10/11) IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER! GET YOUR ENTRIES POSTED BY MIDNIGHT PST!

However, I posted this to my blog two evenings ago, and it's already broken through two of the "prize levels"! So right now the grand prize is a full set of the Brimstone Angels Saga thus far (Brimstone Angels, Lesser Evils, The Adversary and Fire in the Blood), plus three people will win a copy of Fire in the Blood.

To Enter:
1. Make a comment on this post:http://slushlush.com/2014/09/fire-in-the-blood-giveaway/" target="_blank"> http://slushlush.com/2014/09/fire-in-the-blood-giveaway/. You are going to have to leave an email address to do this, but that’s good, because if you win, I will have to have a way to contact you! It must be on this post at slushlush.com, or I won’t count it.
2. In your comment, call out your favorite fictional ruler. A king, a queen, an empress, a tyrant, a mayor—someone in charge who you find fascinating. They MUST be fictional, but you can draw from books, movies, comics, or TV. Feel free to include links—we all love being introduced to new stories.

If I get 300, entries the next "prize level" unlocks, and in addition to two winners of the Brimstone Angels Saga, five winners of Fire in the Blood, I will give the grand prize winner a hand-annotated copy of Fire in the Blood which may include Cormyr lore that didn't make it into the book (as well as trivia, interesting details, and probably jokes.).

Contest runs through October 10th. (And if you don't feel like playing the odds, I'm also running an esigning here. http://slushlush.com/e-signed-books/

Best.
Erin

www.slushlush.com

Edited by - ErinMEvans on 11 Oct 2014 00:00:12

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2014 :  12:59:13  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds good . Quick question though is this contest just for those who live in the USA or can everyone take part?
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2014 :  16:52:21  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

Sounds good . Quick question though is this contest just for those who live in the USA or can everyone take part?

Everyone can take part, but international winners will have to accept slower delivery. :)

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2014 :  18:12:53  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darn, somebody else named the same one I selected.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2014 :  18:15:45  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Darn, somebody else named the same one I selected.

Great minds think alike.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2014 :  12:07:38  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErinMEvans

quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

Everyone can take part, but international winners will have to accept slower delivery. :)

Thanks for clarifying that.
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2014 :  18:15:13  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heads up! We are now over halfway to the big prize level.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  22:04:38  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As much as I like free stuff, somehow, I feel compelled to support you by purchasing a copy!
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  22:49:58  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Veritas

As much as I like free stuff, somehow, I feel compelled to support you by purchasing a copy!

You can do both! (I might be a little excited about the idea of annotating now...)

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  23:29:18  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to lump this into the thread. I've started posting excerpts from Fire in the Blood leading up to the release.

This first one is a scene that gives a glimpse into the plots surrounding the Royal Family. In it Princess Raedra has summoned Farideh to thank her for a warning she gave about someone close to her. It contains one extra room to the Palace and one painting of some familiar faces.

Enjoy!
http://slushlush.com/2014/09/fire-in-the-blood-excerpt-the-princess-and-the-tiefling/

NB: These update on Thursdays

www.slushlush.com

Edited by - ErinMEvans on 19 Sep 2014 05:17:41
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2014 :  19:55:48  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New Excerpt! This one is along the Chosen of Asmodeus storyline. Happy reading!

http://slushlush.com/2014/09/fire-in-the-blood-excerpt-too-many-imps/

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  20:28:43  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I posted this for another reason, but it's from Fire in the Blood, so here's another post featuring Princess Raedra (and more specifically her lady-in-waiting, Lady Varauna Goldfeather.

http://slushlush.com/2014/09/extra-life-excerpt-varauna-goldfeather/

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2014 :  18:41:21  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here's today's excerpt. Harpers, gossip, and a crash course on Faerunian wine.

http://slushlush.com/2014/10/fire-in-the-blood-excerpt-harpers-come-to-cormyr/

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  02:31:12  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to this novel

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2014 :  00:01:09  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last excerpt: The Crown Prince of Cormyr at war.

http://slushlush.com/2014/10/fire-in-the-blood-excerpt/

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2014 :  02:52:23  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Buying this ... now. Done. Now if it can only speed to my shores.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000