Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Sources for "Current Clack"?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  01:14:03  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I love reading about Current Clack, and I was wondering if there are sources available on Candlekeep that have collections of "Current Clack" for various cities or areas? They are great ways to give me new adventure ideas, and my players LOVE hearing about the "news", and they ALWAYS ask me, and I sometimes can't think of anything.

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  01:15:55  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a wonderful idea, particularly if it hasn't been done. Why not just put home brew rumors and ideas here? :-)

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  01:24:39  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeremy has started a thread for Current Clack in Cormyr.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  01:43:47  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also Current Clack: Neverwinter.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  04:28:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Jeremy's been doing some good stuff, there.

My own ideas tend to be rather more verbose than his, which is why I've not tried my hand at current clack. That's not a knock against him; I just have a different approach.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  05:00:41  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cards77 was there an area or region you had in mind in terms of what you're looking for?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  07:11:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Including my own styling on a type of "Current Clack" for Candlekeep has long been a mainstay on my "To Do" List.

To the point, in fact, where the idea started gathering dust in my head. Not sure when or even if I'll ever reach a time when I can compile all my notes together and published them on this site. But each time I read one of Jeremy's own creatively curious entries, I'm inspired to revisit my attempts as well.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  08:08:57  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

But each time I read one of Jeremy's own creatively curious entries, I'm inspired to revisit my attempts as well.

I like your alliteration.

And You should just do it. Share a little each day--one entry and no more.

Doing it is what helps to keep doing it. Or something like that.

Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  14:52:21  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

Cards77 was there an area or region you had in mind in terms of what you're looking for?

I do have an area (and time) in mind but maybe it doesn't worth with the "current" version.

I was thinking Silverymoon, Waterdeep, possibly Luskan.
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  17:22:02  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any time frame works. Even WotC can't argue that now, after publishing Elminster's Forgotten Realms with an era-neutral approach. You just might have to generate more of your own lore if your campaign is pre-1479. Mine are still back in the 1350s and 60s, at least until I see/write a suitable negation of the Spellplague, so I know the struggle.

Jeremy's got me thinking too, about doing a version of Current Clack for the Old Empires and the overall southern half of the Inner Sea. My campaign goes off in a direction other DMs might not want to go, but writing ideas down helps to build the campaign, and once they're written they might as well be shared.
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  23:56:32  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

Any time frame works. Even WotC can't argue that now, after publishing Elminster's Forgotten Realms with an era-neutral approach. You just might have to generate more of your own lore if your campaign is pre-1479. Mine are still back in the 1350s and 60s, at least until I see/write a suitable negation of the Spellplague, so I know the struggle.

Jeremy's got me thinking too, about doing a version of Current Clack for the Old Empires and the overall southern half of the Inner Sea. My campaign goes off in a direction other DMs might not want to go, but writing ideas down helps to build the campaign, and once they're written they might as well be shared.

Very much agreed. Writing and seeing other ideas and rumors bounced around really helps me get my creative juices flowing. In my game we play around pre-1370 forward. I can't frankly get enough of rumors and clack from this time period. It also seems that the Silver Marches gets the short shrift sometimes because I think everyone assumes it's "more trolls" is all that's going on. There are numerous plot lines that would make great clack, and we can add our own!

Silverymoon is a great base for numerous campaigns.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2014 :  07:21:10  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

I was thinking Silverymoon, Waterdeep, possibly Luskan.

I like to play around with Waterdeep a lot, though I haven't done much with Silverymoon or Luskan.

Hopefully some of the stuff I've been writing can be ported over by you without much trouble. Most of the entries require only the changing of names to use somewhere else.

Now I'm thinking about Silverymoon's Moondoors all of a sudden.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 07 Sep 2014 07:21:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000