Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Elminster's Forgotten Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Patrakis
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2014 :  14:43:55  Show Profile Send Patrakis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I just thought it might be interesting for someone who doesn't have the book.

Clearance sale on a new Elminster's Forgotten Realms. The price is more than fair.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/woc39888.html

Pat

Dancing is like standing still, but faster.
My site: http://www.patoumonde.com

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2014 :  23:08:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a good price... If I didn't already have two copies, I'd be all over that!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2014 :  23:42:26  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a good price. I was lucky enough to get mine two months ago on Amazon brand new for $17.29 from a seller. It has become one of my favorite books on the Realms, and one I turn to for inspiration in my campaigns.

I made up my mind to only purchase my books online since the last time I was in to find this exact book, the one I found was beaten up. I asked about a discount because of the condition, and the old fellow working there laughed in my face and said, "No. It's a new book." When asked if they had another copy in the back, another fellow that I asked laughed and told me, "No, this isn't Wal-Mart. All our stuff is out on the shelves. Either buy it or put it back. If you don't buy it, someone else will. Are you done?"

Needless to say, I haven't been back, nor will I be. I'm just glad I can find what I'm looking for at reasonable prices online.

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  02:46:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Lady K has been looking for an extra copy. I'll have to send her this link, I think.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  04:33:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

That is a good price. I was lucky enough to get mine two months ago on Amazon brand new for $17.29 from a seller. It has become one of my favorite books on the Realms, and one I turn to for inspiration in my campaigns.

I made up my mind to only purchase my books online since the last time I was in to find this exact book, the one I found was beaten up. I asked about a discount because of the condition, and the old fellow working there laughed in my face and said, "No. It's a new book." When asked if they had another copy in the back, another fellow that I asked laughed and told me, "No, this isn't Wal-Mart. All our stuff is out on the shelves. Either buy it or put it back. If you don't buy it, someone else will. Are you done?"

Needless to say, I haven't been back, nor will I be. I'm just glad I can find what I'm looking for at reasonable prices online.

There is a place in Orlando that still wants full price for 3rd edition stuff that's been on the shelf since it first came out. I even asked them about discounting a particular book, once, because of the fact it was two editions old -- they didn't even entertain the concept.

They didn't make the sale, either.

That particular store used to be good, but I've got no problem buying online instead of buying from them, now.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  06:43:20  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

There is a place in Orlando that still wants full price for 3rd edition stuff that's been on the shelf since it first came out. I even asked them about discounting a particular book, once, because of the fact it was two editions old -- they didn't even entertain the concept.

They didn't make the sale, either.

That particular store used to be good, but I've got no problem buying online instead of buying from them, now.

Thank you for sharing that with me, Wooly. I'm sorry that those things happened to us, but at least now I know that I'm not alone.

I'd also like to add that I just picked up the Premium copies of the 1E PHB, DMG, and MM through Amazon and eBay, all still shrink wrapped and never before touched. And tonight I found a deal for a little over $22.00 for the Premium Dungeons of Dread that contains S1-S4. All that I'll need to have all the 1E Premium books now is a copy of Unearthed Arcana and Against the Slave Lords. Once again, done online, saving money, and not feeling like someone is taking me for a ride on their quality.

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000