Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2014 :  19:38:12  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Didn't see much talk about this but if anyone is interested, it's up for preorder.

http://www.icewinddale.com/

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2014 :  22:13:46  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to it! I have BG:EE for my tablet, and it's really nice.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2014 :  04:14:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome news!

As much as I loved the BG games from this era, Icewind Dale was always my favourite of the Realms-Black Isle CRPGs.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2014 :  05:19:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Awesome news!

As much as I loved the BG games from this era, Icewind Dale was always my favourite of the Realms-Black Isle CRPGs.

Indeed. I still have my BG cd's from the original game but I'm assuming they probably won't even work on my windows eight computer. LOL. Maybe sometime I'll look into buying the enhanced editions of both. IWD was a fun game, from what I remember of it.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2014 :  08:43:23  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KujeIndeed. I still have my BG cd's from the original game but I'm assuming they probably won't even work on my windows eight computer. LOL. Maybe sometime I'll look into buying the enhanced editions of both. IWD was a fun game, from what I remember of it.

I use Windows 7 and I recently played both BG and IWD from the original CDs successfully.

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2014 :  12:09:02  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Derulbaskul

quote:
Originally posted by KujeIndeed. I still have my BG cd's from the original game but I'm assuming they probably won't even work on my windows eight computer. LOL. Maybe sometime I'll look into buying the enhanced editions of both. IWD was a fun game, from what I remember of it.

I use Windows 7 and I recently played both BG and IWD from the original CDs successfully.

Same here. I didn't even have to use compatibility mode. I haven't tried on 8, though.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2014 :  17:06:29  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, nifty. Maybe they would work. Win eight does have a compatibility mode but sometimes it can still be a pest to get it to work. But very nice, something I'll keep in mind.

Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2014 :  19:15:15  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great News .. Great atmosphere....Great Game....Bring AD&D feeling Back !!!!

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2014 :  03:59:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Awesome news!

Indeed. I still have my BG cd's from the original game but I'm assuming they probably won't even work on my windows eight computer.
Hmmm. I actually hadn't considered that, nor the impact my endless tinkering with SageOS might have on the compatibility issues for the games.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alamadaeo
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2014 :  15:51:14  Show Profile Send Alamadaeo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wants it!

Alamadaeo: http://40.media.tumblr.com/4828796b38923a6472e20a2c2e3ab705/tumblr_mfjzc0KBB61qfnq1do3_400.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2015 :  21:38:00  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those who might be interested, I just got a Beamdog newsletter saying that Icewind Dale: Expanded Edition is on sale at $14.99 for the weekend (sale ends on Apr. 26th).

I have no affiliation with them in any way, I just happened to see the sale info and thought I'd pass it on to people.

They're also running a "Happy Faerūn" contest until Apr. 29 where you email them at social@beamdog.com telling them about your favorite area in one of the EE products and you'll be entered for a chance to win a hardcover copy of Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Guide to the Realms.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000