Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Elaith Craulnober
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DenverJack
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2014 :  18:04:36  Show Profile Send DenverJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Was the game mechanic behind the rune Elaith would carve on a victim to prevent speak with dead and other spells from functioning ever explained anywhere?

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  19:25:59  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that was a power of the enchanted dagger he used to do the carving

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

DenverJack
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  20:51:01  Show Profile Send DenverJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just read Waterdeep and was wondering about it.

I also realized I should probably introduce myself as I am new here. I got started with first edition ADD a long time ago. Life and work took over, and I was away from gaming for quite a while. Starting to read up again on the game, and the Realms in particular as I always enjoyed the setting.

Brand new to Candlekeep, and loving it.

Thank you very much for the reply and info!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  20:55:32  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are welcome. You could probly get the answer straight from the dragon's mouth, so to speak. Elaine is a familiar face around here.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Go to Top of Page

DenverJack
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  20:59:37  Show Profile Send DenverJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be awesome - should I repost somewhere to bring it to her attention?
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  21:02:20  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a scroll entitled Questions for Elaine Cunningham in the Vault of Sages shelf

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

DenverJack
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  23:49:08  Show Profile Send DenverJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaine herself answered my question on the Questions for Elaine scroll, if anyone is interested in the reply
Go to Top of Page

DenverJack
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2014 :  23:51:20  Show Profile Send DenverJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DenverJack

Elaine herself answered my question on the Questions for Elaine scroll, if anyone is interested in the reply (page 27 of her scroll)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000