Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Underdark halflings?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pluddon
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2014 :  00:40:15  Show Profile Send Pluddon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Thinking of an underdark campaign, and looking at some of the natives, it seems that there is no equivalent for halflings. We have duergar and derro, drow, sfirvnblen, and dark folk for the other races. And if there is nothing canon then why?

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2014 :  02:48:47  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because halflings are too lazy to bother with digging tunnels and homes underground?

They'd rather talk someone into whipping them up something above.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Snow
Learned Scribe

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2014 :  03:13:32  Show Profile Send Snow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, now, hold on there, my friends.

Please reference Pg. 150 of your 3.5 Monster Manual under the primary header of 'Halfling'. On that page you will find the Halfling sub-race known as Deep Halflings. Being the Monster Manual, it has all the stats you need to play one. They have Darkvision 60' and Stonecunning ... all at a wonderful +0 ECL for your ideal playing needs.

Unfortunately, I don't see any reference to 3.5 Deep Halflings having any presence in 3.5 Forgotten Realms. And as you know, Tallfellow and Stout Halfling sub-races are out in the F.R. and replaced with Strongheart and Ghostwise Halfing sub-races.

Still, for gaming purposes, I can see a reasonably collaborative effort between a good DM and a cooperative player allowing Deep Halflings to get shoe-horned into the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Pluddon
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2014 :  04:35:32  Show Profile Send Pluddon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haha. Thank you snow. I had figured that May work. But for some reason I was envisioning a more "adapted?" Sub-race. The deep halflings don't quite seem as, well, deep as the other races. But they could still be adopted easily.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2014 :  05:37:58  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may want to have a gander at the Birthright version of halflings. They have shadow-related powers that would dovetail nicely with a 'deep halfling' concept.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000