Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Resurrecting Characters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  04:09:56  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I meant to post this subject a while ago, around the time The Companions was released, as I seem to remember there was a discussion about bringing back dead characters. Some were all for it, others were against the idea. Obviously, not every beloved character in the Realms can be brought back, otherwise there would be a huge resurgence of dead characters. However, I'm sure many of us have our wishes. So, in a hypothetical situation, if you could have any Realmsians come back, who would it be? Here's mine:

Zaknafein (or at least see his spirit, as I have said before. I'd like to know where his soul is!)

Cadderly--he didn't deserve the death he got. I found that ending rather unsatisfying.

Phaeraun--the poor guy died twice! And the second time was totally anticlimactic. He was brought back, only to be killed off again. Cheap!

Elkantar--he was only a minor character, but I liked him. Of course, Quilue is dead too. Meh.

Khelben--need I say more? At least he's in Arvandor. But...still!

Ryld--loved that guy. His death was brutal, too. I think he could be another "rebel" drow, though not like Drizzt, and he did identify as a Lolthite. I still liked him.

Naxil--again minor, but I was fond of him.

Lendri--he's not technically dead, but he's a wolf, and that series had a lot going for it.

Veldoran--I don't know if I'm spelling that right, but he was from the Unbroken Chain books. I would like to see him make his way out of the Void or whatever they called it.

Raidon Kane--it was a main character in several books, and I was saddened by his death. And along those lines...

Nangulis!--that guy had his soul divided into a sword! And when Raidon found Angul, something seemed to happen to Nangulis. I think the remnants of his personality disappeared, but now that Raidon is gone, I think no one has the sword...poor Nangulis.

I could probably think of more, but those are the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing someone.

Sweet water and light laughter
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000