Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Info concerning the Shadowking of Telfir
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mulkerrin
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2004 :  11:03:31  Show Profile  Visit Mulkerrin's Homepage Send Mulkerrin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Could anyone give me a brief history of the Shadowking Verraketh Talember?

I read the Crypt of the Shadowking ages ago but long since have lost that book. He's mentioned vaguely in a few different places, mainly concerning the history of the Tethyrians, but other than that, he's been a pain to gather any real info on.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Mulkerrin
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2004 :  10:17:21  Show Profile  Visit Mulkerrin's Homepage Send Mulkerrin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does no one know anything?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2004 :  02:01:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I apologise for not replying earlier Mulkerrin...

Unfortunately my search for information on Verraketh Talember has come up lacking. There's very little source information to work with other than what is in the novels, and a few references across a number of 2e tomes.

Perhaps Faraer may have something. I suggest you try and contact him...He's also a scribe here...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2004 :  08:59:16  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, other than the novels themselves, I havent ever found any additional information. Id expect the only way of obtaining any info is from the author, Mark Anthony, who is sadly no longer an active FR author

Damn fine novels though

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  17:00:48  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Mulkerrin,

I do have some information for you from canon sources:

From pg.111 of the Serpent Kingdoms,
quote:
In the Year of Purloined Power (34 DR), a Talfi rian bard named Verraketh Talember discovered the Shadowstar, a mysterious artifact that fell like a shooting star into the High Moor. While the artifact slowly transformed him into the Shadowking, Verraketh gathered an army of shadow-spinners and began forcibly assimilating the Netherese and Talfirian realms of the Chionthar river valley into the empire of Ebenfar.

Additionally, there is a reference on pages 108-9 of the Races of Faerun accessory that says,
quote:
Elven writings dating back to the Crown Wars mention a dark-haired, fair-skinned human tribe in the heart of the great forest of Shantel Othreier. The Talfir were the original human inhabitants of the Chionthar River Valley in the Western Heartlands. Speakers of Talfiric, a long-list human tongue based on the Draconic alphabet, the Talfir gradually disappeared over a thousand years ago, their culture overwhelmed by refugees from Low Netheril, Calishite settlers from the south, and Chondathan settlers from the Dragon Coast. Several deities of the Faerunian pantheon are believed to have first been worshipped by the Talfir, including Tempus, who vanquished the Netherese god of war. The Talfir left little in the way of ruins or artifacts, although Irieabor lies atop the ancient crypt of the Talfir monarch known as Verraketh the Shadowking, who mastered shadow magic.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Mulkerrin

Could anyone give me a brief history of the Shadowking Verraketh Talember?

I read the Crypt of the Shadowking ages ago but long since have lost that book. He's mentioned vaguely in a few different places, mainly concerning the history of the Tethyrians, but other than that, he's been a pain to gather any real info on.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000