Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Netheril
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2014 :  07:40:00  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Im looking for ideas and inspiration for Netheril. Things like organisations, plot hooks, history etc to help make the place come alive

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2014 :  14:17:15  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just off the top of my head: an organization of 'lesser' mages who wanted to overthrow the Archwizards. By lesser I mean those who lacked the ability to raise their own enclaves. Whether through lack of actual ability, or lack of connections, being blacklisted or whatever, a cadre of them could band together in an attempt to throw them down.

They would be responsible for some of the upheaval that occurred at various times in the empire's history and maybe for setbacks individual archwizards encountered. I doubt they would side with elves (they are still Netherese after all) but some of them may have been agents for the elves in addtional to seditionists. What I'm saying here is some of them may have actually agreed with the elven way over their culture's way and acted as agents for the elves on top of everything else. But only a very few of them would be elven agents...most would be too enamoured with their own culture to stoop to that.

Taking this a step further, some of them may have been Shadow Weave users but not direct agents of Telamont (though some may have been). Some would simply see access to the Shadow Weave as a secret 'ace' in their work against the archwizards while others could be agents of Shar/Telamont. I love it when these things get messy.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2014 :  14:22:09  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Am I right in assuming you have both the arcane age Netheril Products?
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2014 :  14:24:32  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if its ever been addressed, but I don't think the shadow weave existed before the fall of Netheril... If it did the fall would have been the perfect time for Shar to make her move to replace Mystril and we might have never had a Mystra...
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2014 :  15:01:06  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may be wrong, but the Shadow Weave was never even mentioned until 3e (or maybe very late 2e). As I recall the story, Shar somehow managed to create it some time after Mystryl's 'birth' through Selune. Telamont was already in league with her (and using her weave) prior to his departure for the plane of Shadow as well.

At any rate, Dazzlar's question will be for his homebrew and may not stick entirely to canon. It may even be for a write up in his Alteranate Dimensions fanzine.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2014 :  17:55:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When the Shadow Weave was created is never really addressed, though I recall that at least one source said it had been around for centuries.

It is true that it is a 3E thing -- and one of the most poorly thought out elements of 3E, in my opinion. Practically every source that discussed it conflicted with an earlier source, and I don't see that it really did anything for the setting other than make Shar and the Shades more prominent, at the expense of established evil groups and their deities.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2014 :  20:08:44  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very perceptive Arcanamach it is for my homebrew and fanzine (the two are one and the same now).

I like the lesser arcanist organisation, it goes nicely with how I have Netheril actually working.

Im redoing the timeline a bit since I noticed lots of problems with geography and history. The two dont mesh well at all. I see the shadow weave should also get some attention as well.

One weirdness I am having trouble with is the abbey of the moon. It appears so early in Netherils history and so far from its territory in a very dangerous and environmentally hostile region filled with monsters. I cant think of a good reason why or indeed how this would be possible.

So at the moment I am leaning towards having the abbey located elsewhere or have it created by someone else (who perhaps lives in the tortured lands

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  00:28:27  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To throw in another twist to this 'lower cabal' as I'm referring to it. What if the phaerimm had managed to infiltrate them? Or at least planted an agent who didn't know who he/she was working for? I see them working to throw down the archwizards on multiple fronts as common sense while they work on developing more direct means (lifedrain magic) to do it. They may even have been the 'seed' for the seditionist by covertly nudging them into 'accidental' meetings with one another until they became more organized.

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  10:01:55  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'm in favour of sarrukh sponsors at the moment but it can be both. I have even got a name now with a humorous acronym.

Cheers for the idea. Now I just need to work out a more sensible historical timeline and expansion

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  14:31:20  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In my own "history" for Netheril (which follows along with that given in the Arcane Age Netheril Box set), Nether the Elder had an lieutenant and protege, also a shaman. This protege was the one who stabbed Nether the Elder in the back to allow Nether the Younger to assume leadership. The shaman then served as a sort of court wizard and military commander for the fledgling nation in their military campaigns against the humanoid hordes. One campaign led them against the realm of Thaeravel in the East. A nation of powerful magic, the sorcerer ruler of Raslitch (the capital) possessed a artifact of great power - basically this artifact is an adaptation of the Bloodstone of Fistandantilus from the Dragonlance setting. He used its power against the shaman general of Netheril, and the shaman's spiritual strength proved the greater and he subsumed the power of the sorcerer and became one of the greatest spellcasters of the growing nation of Netheril.
Many arcanists lusted after this magical power and he found himself under almost constant assault, so he faked his own death and began leapfrogging through Netheril's history in one assumed identity after another, living and dieing many times over the course of Netheril's history. His known identities include Congenio Ioun, Tolodine, Trebbe, Jeriah Chronos, Anglin, Lefeber, Valdick, General Matick, and Oberon. As the Chronomancer he spent time in other times and places as well (usually important events in Realms history). For a twist, I have him teach the Imaskari about magic and crafting scepters, despite the fact that this reverses the timeline somewhat. :)

After the fall, he befriends another powerful wizard and when that wizard ascends to godhood, he takes his place as chief servant of the young Mystra and fledgling Azuth as the second Magister, and eventually becomes one of the Seven Wizards of Myth Drannor. I'm betting you can guess which :D
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  17:57:22  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The one issue I've always had with Netheril is it was done in a vacuum. It seriously should have had involvement with Jhaamdath and possibly Imaskar, and later on it should have had involvement with Narfell, Raumathar, the Mulan empires, etc....

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  18:09:31  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I am now working on a list of people with congenital defects caused by the excess of magic in netheril inspired by the idea of the mage who reinvented himself again and again.

I will be keeping the idea of Netheril existing in isolation but purely because of the geographical separation. The twist is that the enclaves are not part of Netheril. They are independent city states and there were other reasons for non interaction. Plus I like to leave the end result the same, I just alter the journey to the end

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  19:50:55  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

The one issue I've always had with Netheril is it was done in a vacuum. It seriously should have had involvement with Jhaamdath and possibly Imaskar, and later on it should have had involvement with Narfell, Raumathar, the Mulan empires, etc....

I agree sleyvas, but in "my" Netheril that isn't as much of a problem as the huge, city-sized enclaves numbered only about a handful and of the other smaller ones, a few "missing" enclaves over the years made them wary of leaving the realm's standard borders.

I've longed to do a history for Netheril. Now that I've finally finished my latest project, I might just sit down and do a Netheril Timeline and see what I can come up with.

The crux of any such historical work is to sort out how the realm governed itself and to detail its interactions with the outside world. My view is that the Netherese weren't "all conquering" and had their butts handed to them on a few occasions. Thoughts for another day ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2014 :  20:13:25  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am very interested in what this latest finished project may be.

Im concentrating on the ordering of events. Like them meeting the eaerlanni elves who were many many miles away. How they beat tribes of angry barbarians when they were still only 7 villages or towns.

Those two events in themselves dont make sense when rystall wood was right on its borders.

So im playing down the elven involvement in Netherils early years. It isnt a huge part anyway. Merely a footnote.

Im also looking at the non human races and how/why they were involved with Netheril who lets face it were overly aggressive a**holes.

If anyone fancies a bit of fun reimagining Netheril then let me know. Otherwise any I would love to hear peoples ideas to see how they imagine Netheril in their games

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  07:18:55  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

I am very interested in what this latest finished project may be.

Well, anyone at the Candlekeep seminar at GEN-CON will get a real good look at it.

For everyone else: send me a PM with your e-mail address.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  08:45:05  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sending PM now...

@MM: Sounds like your guy is similar to my Xarthalion (aka the Arcanamach). In my homebrew he found the 'Orb of Labelas' that sort of infected him with magic that Quantum Leaps him to various times and places in history. He had no control over it at first but as he grew stronger in the Art he managed to exert some influence over it. He still gets pulled at random, but sometimes he can Leap on his own.

To those who see him when he Leaps it just appears that he was lost in thought for a few seconds.

Edited by - The Arcanamach on 10 Aug 2014 08:51:31
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  13:52:43  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I agree sleyvas, but in "my" Netheril that isn't as much of a problem as the huge, city-sized enclaves numbered only about a handful and of the other smaller ones, a few "missing" enclaves over the years made them wary of leaving the realm's standard borders.

I've longed to do a history for Netheril. Now that I've finally finished my latest project, I might just sit down and do a Netheril Timeline and see what I can come up with.

The crux of any such historical work is to sort out how the realm governed itself and to detail its interactions with the outside world. My view is that the Netherese weren't "all conquering" and had their butts handed to them on a few occasions. Thoughts for another day ...

-- George Krashos

I like that viewpoint, that their interactions with other societies curbed their expansionist influences. We know it happened when they started spelljamming (which their skyships were probably a vain attempt to try to figuring out how to make a spelljamming helm). I wouldn't be surprised if Jhaamdath didn't possibly seize control of some enclaves (thus possibly the one enclave that had a "thinking" mythallar.... which was possibly some kind of Udoxias/mythallar combination).

However, that being said, I think it would be interesting if some "missing" enclaves actually left the empire out of sheer disrespect and/or to build a new homeland elsewhere. Larloch's Jiksidur being in the bloodstone lands for instance could be an example (though he may have also been simply trading information/goods with the Narfellian empire). I suspect, for instance, that Halruaa was already an established area before the masses suddenly fled there following the fall of their empire. It may very well have been that there wasn't so much "fleeing" to Halruaa as there was Halruaans coming north and rescuing their compatriots.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  14:51:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We do know that not all enclaves were in Netheril proper. Sakkors and Nhalloth came down in the Sea of Fallen Stars. There's rumored to be an enclave in Firedrake Bay, in Tethyr. Skullport was originally an enclave, and there was a trio of underwater enclaves in the Sea of Fallen Stars.

That's part of why I've been so willing to run with the idea of an enclave that came down on another continent.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  14:56:24  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'd be interested to know that in Ed's original Netheril notes that he passed on to TSR and presumably slade, enclaves were just that: areas controlled by wizards featuring a myriad of looks and phenomena (strange plants, weird gravitational effects, time distortion etc etc). They were not all flying cities. The Sargauth enclave in Skullport wasn't a flying city either. Ed's Netheril was multi-faceted; slade's was ... not.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  17:54:35  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if I ask THO/Ed very very nicely would they let me have a copy of the notes on Eds Netheril.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  18:32:58  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's likely a BIG FAT NDA sticker on those notes. I swear one day I'm going to break into Ed and THO's homes and steal their gaming stuffs.

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  22:05:37  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So the Alliance of Seventon as it exists in the early years.

The Hidden Valley to the south is ogre infested and difficult to reach because of poor water supply in the land between.

To the west via land are the Rengarth who attack the Netherese on sight (little do the Netherese know the central mountains are Rengarth holy land).

The Terraseer urges them west and so they use the Narrow Sea and establish outposts on the far western side. Along the way they discover the gnomes of the channel mountains and once established on the western shore they are successful in entering peaceful negotiations with the Rengarth.

So this means the Eaerlanni do not shape early Seventon's magic (im going for Rystall Wood or Cormanthyr for that). Also Netheril's first encounter with the High Forest elves (there are three nations there after all) is not friendly and Seventon gets rebuked.

After that im working on rising tides of misfortune until it gets too much around -650 DR and things start to fall apart.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2014 :  20:16:34  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn this Netheril project is big.

Thankfully the great thing is anything I change in the history, geography, people etc has absolutely no effect on the rest of the realms because the phaerimm wipe it all out with the desert.

I have the people of Seventon as aggressive would be conquerors (but in disguise). They absorb the gnomes and the Rengarth, but they get a broken nose from the High Forest elves.

This leads to the discovery of the Nether Scrolls by survivors from that conflict that get a bit lost.

Following that I have made one nation of elves a particular enemy of the humans that keeps on reappearing.

Following the creation of enclaves a number of outcasts discover some an ancient temple to Kozah in the boundaries of Arcorar. From there I have another enemy of Seventon who seeks its complete destruction. This Cult of Kozah creates the Ashwind Assassins that is a rather successful organisation of archwizard killers.

The phaerimm actually get involved around -800 DR, attempting to sabotage the mythallars first. When this doesn't work they start the magic drain spells as well as fomenting unrest by granting large amounts of magical support to the anti archwizards society.

And lastly we have the Sarrukh, who plague Seventon with attacks from lizardmen tribes that inhabit the swamps of the basin. They even work to create a swamp (the marsh of deception) because of their links to the cult of Kozah.

Those are the major enemies and should be enough enemies to cause the downfall of Netheril which incidentally is only called Netheril for a few months but the name sticks.

Minor enemies are the various humanoid tribes. Goblins, ogres, orcs, lizardmen, etc. Most of which are manipulated in some fashion by the major enemies of Netheril.

I also altered the orcs a bit. I have a personal theory that orcs were not spread across the realms. They were isolated in the north by the power of the elves for a long time.

By the time of Siluvanede the elves are starting to lose control on the north and the orcs are able to get further south and further east into the Netheril basin. They are slowed in places by the other forests of Faerun but as those forests are cleared the orcs get further and further south and east until they reach their present day reach (obviously the grey orcs appear in the east and move north and west until they meet in the middle in the Moonsea/Vast/Vaasa region).

So I have changed the mentions of orcs in Netheril to only begin with hordes from the north (they do not start out in the Hidden Forest but reach there later).

Need to work on the sites and locations in Netheril now and get individual histories for them worked out. Akintaer I think I will change to be a lizardman only enclave that is a secret from Netheril, or perhaps be a trap to lure people onto the enclave where they disappear after a time as sacrifices to the Sarrukhs gods.

Names are a real problem in Netheril because they are pants (at least from the original sourcebook) and I suck at names.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  12:45:06  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just relegated Sunrest (Maunator) to the position of a flying temple.

It still gets blown up by poorly planned research, but it is now part of the history for the naming of the god Ammaunator.

I cant think up on any use for Tyche other than to have her exist so she gets split into two beings. So i might not give her more than a single paragraph of page space.

I'm thinking of altering the enclaves to make them specific in nature.

So Xinlenal being the first is actually a city sized enclave dedicated to magical research.

Sunrest is a temple to Ammaunator.

I'm thinking of making one of the enclaves a kind of zoo, a place to hold exotic animals from all parts of Faerun (and the planes), that way when it crashes it releases dinosaurs into the area which migrate to the area that will become the stonelands.

Akintaer is no longer an enclave of Netheril.

Doubloon will have to have its name changed, but i like the idea of a bandit enclave. Im thinking of have it actually be a massive flying portable hole that houses a community of bandits and robbers that prey on other enclaves. Makes it quite distinct from othe flying cities and makes it difficult to catch (how do you spot a two dimensional flying object from the air). Then its "destruction" can be explained in a different fashion other than it disappeared.

Buoyance i'm just going to turn his enclave into a floating tower of death, basically a portable weapons platform.

Im leaning towards making most of the "enclaves" really just single wizard towers or temples, with only about 20 or so actual flying cities.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  13:03:23  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the idea of reducing the actual number of 'cities' to just two dozen or so. There always seemed to be too many IMO, even for a 'golden age' of magic. The idea of many of the others being smaller and more specific in their use is great. Only one I'm not keen on is the Portable Hole idea. I'd go with the enclave being able to turn invisible (or semi-transparant like a Predator alien) or fade in/out of the ethereal or something. But that's just me.

Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  13:05:21  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh another thing, and I may be wrong here as the 3e rules may have changed this, but would't it being a Portable Hole make it susceptible to simply throwing an open Bag of Holding into it and destroying it with littl effort? Or did 3e nix that concept?

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  13:27:23  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I keep the rule and Karsus shunting it into a pocket plane to destroy the enclave was my idea of getting rid of the enclave whilst at the same time leaving it open for its survival.

The portable hole + pocket plane opens a rift to a random plane and sucks the enclave into it. The enclave may possibly survive (although ruined and devoid of life) floating randomly in a random plane. I reckon it would make a cool encounter.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  23:44:17  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

I like the idea of reducing the actual number of 'cities' to just two dozen or so. There always seemed to be too many IMO, even for a 'golden age' of magic. The idea of many of the others being smaller and more specific in their use is great. Only one I'm not keen on is the Portable Hole idea. I'd go with the enclave being able to turn invisible (or semi-transparant like a Predator alien) or fade in/out of the ethereal or something. But that's just me.

Yeah, I'm not big on the portable hole idea either. I'd be more inclined that you have an enclave that can phase with the earth (and everything in direct contact gets the same ability). So, you have a flying mountain-top that could literally hide in other mountains OR go into the ground. It makes it less powerful than being ethereal, but still pretty flexible in hiding (and not so easy to find as someone who has a permanent see invisible, etc...).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2014 :  02:59:49  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Somebody's a Trek fan methinks.

Imagine if the enclave was merged with a mountain at the time of Netheril's fall. The entire city, corpses and magic items and all, would be fused with the surrounding stone. Imagine exploring a mountain and findinv a vast cavern with an unusual formation in the ceiling and a wall. You'd have to climb/levitate/fly to get to it and then get to see some of it interior. Players don't know what they have until the stumble upon the mythallar room, still intact but nonfunctional.

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2014 :  05:31:29  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why nonfunctional? While magic stopped working for a moment, I don't think it has ever been established (and the other surviving mythallars sort of prove) that mythallars would have resumed working after the fall, had they somehow managed to survive the actual falling :P. Seems to me everything would be working just fine that was inside a cavern...
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2014 :  12:17:24  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought those surviving mythallars were anomolies though? I can't recall reading this per se but I got the strong impression that the newly-arisen Mystra turned them off. If any of them survived (undamaged that is) and thus remained functional then I imagine the elves would destroy any they could find and the phaerimm would have drained them (as in fed off of them).

It does raise an interesting adventure hook though...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000