Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 the official god list is....
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  06:53:36  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Auril
azuth
Bane
basheba
bahaal
Chanteua
cyric
denir
Eldath
gond
helm
Illmater
lathander
Leiar
llirra
loviatar

mask
malar
Finder
melilkki
Milili
mrkul
mystrya
oghma

Savras
Selune
shar
silvanus

Sine
tymora
talos
tempura
torm
umberlee

Tyr
wukeen

Will post the other ones when I get home.

Edited by - silverwolfer on 07 Aug 2014 07:31:55

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  07:15:09  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
bahamut
blilopdooplip
corellon
deep sashelas
eadero
garl glittergold

grummish
hruggek
kurtulmak
lolth
moradin
sekolah
tiamat
yondella

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  07:25:51  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting. No Bhaal, Ibrandul or Velsharoon. But Waukeen and Azuth escape the Abyss and the Hells respectively. Can't wait to hear how that happened ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  07:32:56  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry seemed I missed a few, added Bhaal and the goddess of illusions.

No God of SIn :D , and didn't waukeen escape the hells awhile ago ? Like before 3e came out.
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  09:11:39  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a god called "tempura"???

The crispy deep-fried shrimp & veggies is the food of gods, but I didn't know it was actually a god itself! j/k

Also, the list of gods for elves seems to consist of only Corellon, and Lolth. What happened to the rest of them? Or were they aspects of tempura all along?
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  09:57:17  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

Also, the list of gods for elves seems to consist of only Corellon, and Lolth. What happened to the rest of them? Or were they aspects of tempura all along?

Yeah I'm very disappointed with this too. It looks like all the gods are actually back (and it's a cool thing), but no elven or drow pantheon, nothing on E&V yet. But then, it looks like they only included the chief deites for the racial pantheons and Mike Mearls explicitly said that the PHB doesn't include all the FR deities. Maybe the rest will be listed in the MM or DMG (or we will have to wait for the FRCG).

If at the end, after so many gods have been restored, they leave E, V or both out of the picture, I'll take it very personally.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 07 Aug 2014 09:59:44
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  10:06:41  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan
If at the end, after so many gods have been restored, they leave E, V or both out of the picture, I'll take it very personally.

Well, there is a very strong hint in The Adversary that one of the characters in the story is a Chosen of V, so that would suggest that V (and maybe therefore E) are coming back in some form or other.

Of course, this suggests that novel & game canon is managed with no screw-ups.......

I'd like to see the return of E&V too, as well as the rest of the Seldarine (why exactly would gods of the elves be aspects of human gods, and not the other way around?).

In addition, I want an update on exarchs, arch fey etc.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  10:19:03  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

quote:

Well, there is a very strong hint in The Adversary that one of the characters in the story is a Chosen of V, so that would suggest that V (and maybe therefore E) are coming back in some form or other.

Yes I know that, but V isn't even named in the book and AFAIK people didn't know that the drow was his chosen until Erin Evans mentioned it. So it doesn't say much about WotC's intentions about him and his sister to me. The fact is that if the siblings truly aren't back, but basically every other deity is, then -personally- I'd feel like if the devs were trying to single them out, which would totally suck.

About the rest of the elven pantheon, I doubt that they will be kept as aspects, since they've already undone the Gruumsh=Talos and Yondalla=Chauntea stuff. Also there's the rest of the Seldarine besides Hanali/Sehanine/Aerdrie, and they're not named either. As I said, I think they decided to include only the head deities for each racial pantheon in the PHB. We will have to wait for other books to see how it unfolds.

Also, is the list missing Kelemvor? I'm sure I saw someone who owns the PHB saying that he is in the list, and that his suggested domain is Death.

Edited by - Irennan on 07 Aug 2014 10:52:28
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  12:36:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm happy to see Finder on the list. But I really wish Bhaal had stayed dead and that Myrkul had remained an artifact.

No Lurue or Nobanion...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  12:40:10  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'm happy to see Finder on the list. But I really wish Bhaal had stayed dead and that Myrkul had remained an artifact.

No Lurue or Nobanion...

Well they surely are alive (they both were in 4e, I don't think they started killing gods again), they simply aren't included in the list (which has been said to not be exhaustive). Didn't Nobanion appear in one of the Sundering novels?

Edited by - Irennan on 07 Aug 2014 12:46:34
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  13:17:45  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am glad to see Helm is coming back but do we really need Tyr? I mean Torm and Bahamut are doing a much better job than he ever did.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  13:26:49  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tyr is a deity of justice, law and judges, not the same as Torm/Helm/Bahamuth. Also it's not like his presence denies theirs. 5e is going for inclusiveness, and it looks like they stayed true to their words about all the gods returning. I hope that they do the same for all the nonhuman deities. If Mulhorand and Maztica get back on Toril, then I guess their pantheons will too.

Edited by - Irennan on 07 Aug 2014 13:39:12
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  14:16:56  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Leira wooooohooooo I love that lady, or dude, or transgender...or whatever IT is.

E&V will be back as I'm sure all of the other dead gods will be. I still think they are going to leave the 'truth' up to individual DMs though (like Shar still being Ibrandul in disguise).

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  14:28:28  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meh, it makes no odds to me if all the gods return but we see little or nothing of them.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  14:31:20  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Leira wooooohooooo I love that lady, or dude, or transgender...or whatever IT is.

E&V will be back as I'm sure all of the other dead gods will be. I still think they are going to leave the 'truth' up to individual DMs though (like Shar still being Ibrandul in disguise).

Personally, I don't want that. The truth is ALWAYS up to DMS and everything is optional, but I don't buy books to read that I have the permission/possibility to make up stuff. If I bought the FRCG, I would like to read about the last iteration of the Realms, including its pantheon. I want to know what happened to E&V after LP, how they are going to act now that they are in such a weak position and so on. I would be happy even with little, like a paragraph in the drow section of the FRCG explaining this. Same for other gods.

Edited by - Irennan on 07 Aug 2014 14:31:58
Go to Top of Page

Snow
Learned Scribe

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  15:21:13  Show Profile Send Snow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm assuming that this is an "evolving list" and that more deities will be revealed over time?

It's just that it seems like a rather small and disappointing list. :-(
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  15:30:17  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, this is a PHB list, not a FR specific list. Mearls said that it is not complete.

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  15:40:44  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as making up what you want it is a good thing. However, I think that for the gods who have died IN PRINT, or who have been named as dead IN PRINT, an explanation should be given as to how they returned. Even if that is as simple as, Ao got sick and tired of having all the holes in his pantheon so he brought them back for a second chance kinda thing.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  15:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm really curious how Azuth regained power. Does the PHB say all these gods are Greater Deities, or just that they are the prominent ones?

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  15:50:35  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

As far as making up what you want it is a good thing. However, I think that for the gods who have died IN PRINT, or who have been named as dead IN PRINT, an explanation should be given as to how they returned. Even if that is as simple as, Ao got sick and tired of having all the holes in his pantheon so he brought them back for a second chance kinda thing.

Agreed. I'd prefer a better explanation tho.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  16:00:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

Agreed. I'd prefer a better explanation tho.

Ditto. I want an explanation for how Leira came back, and I want an explanation for why a former deity who was happier not being a deity is suddenly back in that spot.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  16:18:22  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No Lurue or Nobanion...

Nobanion is alive and well. Previously he was insane with Spellplague bluefire. Cured now though.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  18:11:44  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moradin is in there. Nothing else matters.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Snow
Learned Scribe

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  19:42:34  Show Profile Send Snow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Savras, the God of Divinations, is also back. Apparently his unfortunate trip where he went reeling into the endlessness of the Astral Sea ... didn't stop him from returning.

This is good. I like Savras. A god of oracles, divination, fate and truth has a lot of depth and story potential. I can see the other gods proactively trying to acquire his services and good will. For one can't theoretically plot a huge move in the Torilian deity world without Savras being amongst the first to know about it.

Edited by - Snow on 07 Aug 2014 19:43:09
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  19:49:59  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Kelm is in sorry. Was typing foRm my phone. The fact we have azuth but no God of sin should mean something. I am expecting a future book of elimister will cover this.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  20:05:33  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snow

Savras, the God of Divinations, is also back. Apparently his unfortunate trip where he went reeling into the endlessness of the Astral Sea ... didn't stop him from returning.

This is good. I like Savras. A god of oracles, divination, fate and truth has a lot of depth and story potential. I can see the other gods proactively trying to acquire his services and good will. For one can't theoretically plot a huge move in the Torilian deity world without Savras being amongst the first to know about it.

Well, basically every FR god is alive again in some fashion. The ones who aren't in the list either never died (like Lurue, Sharess or Nobanion) or are back in some way (like Ibrandul and his chosen, Velsharoon still has power when it comes to necromantic stuff, as said in ''The Reaver'' -IIRC-). The ones truly missing and that I know of are Tyche/Murdane.

If Mulhorand returns, its deities will be back.

As for the racial pantheons, we know that the the Seldarine and the Mordinsamman never went anywhere, and I guess that the halfling pantheon stayed too. Idk about the gnomish one, since they deleted the race in 4e (EDIT: nvm, idk why I was convinced of this), so the ones missing are the Dark Seldarine and the duergar deities. But then they may very well be back too, since this list isn't complete and only included the head deities for each racial pantheon.

Edited by - Irennan on 07 Aug 2014 20:11:31
Go to Top of Page

see
Learned Scribe

235 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  20:07:26  Show Profile Send see a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly RupertDitto. I want an explanation for how Leira came back

Last time we saw Leira alive, she was the Goddess of Illusion and Deception, supposedly killed by a sword that was secretly the God of Intrigue. The only "confirmation" of her death is the supposed word of a being beyond the ability of the gods to compel to tell the truth, and we know gods can be faked out by illusions in Cynosure because Mask and Mystra did such fakery.
Go to Top of Page

charger_ss24
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  20:38:03  Show Profile Send charger_ss24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

No Lurue or Nobanion...

Didn't Nobanion appear in one of the Sundering novels?

He did make a brief appearance...I believe it was in "The Sentinel" when Kleef and crew were in the forest making their way to the Underchasm.
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  21:46:04  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by see

The only "confirmation" of her death is the supposed word of a being beyond the ability of the gods to compel to tell the truth,
And the acting lord of death and murder speaking about his porfolio

Anyway, the PHB was never supposed to list full pantheons, only samples from several campaign worlds. As it is I am already suprised that it's so overly long, I did expect much shorter sample lists for each setting

Edited by - Mirtek on 07 Aug 2014 21:47:28
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  22:00:52  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do hope taht tempura was a mispelling on someone's part... or its the Red Knight taking over....

no matter if its incomplete it is incomplete

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2014 :  22:13:08  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
btw where is the source?

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000