Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 "Red Magic" and "The Nether Scrolls" ebooks?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lordduck
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  01:13:04  Show Profile Send lordduck a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been checking and double checking the list of forgotten realms novels released in epub format and it seems like Red Magic and The Nether Scrolls have never been released in that format.

Most of all other novels have been released in epub format (other than most anthologies) but I find it unusual that only these books would be missing, especially when the other books in their series are available.

Anyone know why this happened?

Thanks!

*for anyone wondering, the other FR releases not having a epub release are :

Once Around The Realms
Pool of Radiance: The Ruins of Myth Drannor
Realms of Valor
Realms of Infamy
Realms of Magic
Realms of the Underdark
Realms of the Arcane
Realms of Mystery
Realms of the Deep
Realms of Shadow
Realms of the Dragons
Realms of the Dragons II
Realms of the Elves
Realms of War
Realms of the Dead
The Best of the Realms - Book I
The Best of the Realms - Book II: The Stories of Ed Greenwood
The Best of the Realms - Book III: The Stories of Elaine Cunningham
The Halls of Stormweather
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn
Baldur's Gate II - Throne of Bhaal

The Double Diamond Triangle Saga (from what I've heard of these novels, they aren't canon and will probably never be re-released again)
The Abduction
The Paladins
The Mercenaries
Errand of Mercy
Opportunity for Prophet
Conspiracy
Uneasy Alliances
Easy Betrayals
The Diamond

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  22:45:06  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may be wrong, but I think some stories from the anthologies have been available on an ad-hoc individual basis as free downloads (or as DDI freebies or somesuch).

I suspect a great many older FR novels are not available in digital format. In fact, because they deal with earlier, older, simpler segments of the Realms which have changed or been developed (or cratered) dramatically, they likely never will be re-released outside of collector sets.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

lordduck
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2014 :  03:33:28  Show Profile Send lordduck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, out of all 270-ish novels to have been released by Forgotten Realms (not counting anthologies), only those listed above haven't been released in digital format.

This is why it is so surprising that the books Red Magic and Nether Scrolls haven't been released yet.

From what I have heard, the Baldur's Gate and Double Diamond Triangle Sage books are not canon so it is understandable that they haven't been released in digital format.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000