Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Adventurer's Legue Handbook.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  12:57:12  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay so they release the Adventures League had book which is basically the rule book for organized play in FR.

Points of Interesting.

You have to choose a story of origin and you can't use any future books then what is allowed for someone from your story. Stupid.

Only Clerics are required to worship Gods now. I expected Rangers and Druids might not have to worship Gods, and that Tieflings getting Thematurgy Cantrip would be unlikely to require a deity, I was surprised that Paladin's are no longer required to worship a God, most likely because the Oath of the Ancients are at least in part influenced by the Warden, who in 4e used Primal Magic. I'm going to assume that any Paladin that does not get thier magic from a diety via thier oath, gets thier oath powered by Primal Spirits or Achfey, or in the case of a Oathbreaker Archfiends.

The system of 5 factions is interesting. Getting to be Lawful Evil is new, but not a complete surprise when I learned the Zhents were a possible faction. Although I find it interesting the Lords' Alliance also allows Lawful Evil, which says to me that some bad empires might be a part of this alliance like Mulmuster, and other darker locals.

Oh and the Lawful Evil Necromancer allied with the Lords' Alliance with his hoard of undead is expected to get along with the Lawful Good Paladin of Torm and her Celestial Unicorn Steed, who are members of the order of the Gauntlet, which is just akward ;D but needful so everyone can have fun.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000