Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Maztica Alive! Workshop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9900 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2020 :  23:09:08  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

That map is fantastic! I couldn’t look at it until I got back to work. I’m amazed at the level of detail and accuracy to the “originals.”

I took some time today and got rid of a lot of the creatures I had on there. I thought they would look better, but it didn't. I also made some areas smaller, added the sites from blacktoe glacier, and put some more colonies for myself on an island off the coast. I'll try to make a new big map tomorrow, but first I wanted to see if it kind of fit what you might like to use. I also think I'm going to take some of my 3d painted pictures of creatures that I plan on actually using and using THOSE on the map. Not sure how they'll look, but I like the idea of showing where the bear folk, kercpa, shatjan, etc... are based on little pictures.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2249 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2020 :  09:30:15  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader sleyvas,

Did something get done to get that issue resolved you commented on for it showing private?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9900 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2020 :  22:14:36  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Seethyr,

After thinking about the idea that in the metahel pantheon the roles of "the eagle", Ratatosk, and Nidhogg are fulfilled by "the dawn cock", "Rititisk the Clever", and an undead version of Seradess the Obsidian Dragon Thane (believed killed by Sardior)..... I thought about the idea that plumastone is obsidian... and maybe all the pockets of plumastone that can be found in the true world are actually the remains of obsidian dragons killed long ago after Sardior "killed" Seradess and banished them from his court. Since they liked volcanic regions, having a lot of "plumastone" down in Lopango, Land of the Sacred Sun, could make some sense. In fact..... now that I'm thinking even more on that story idea.... The Dawn Cock... brilliant feathers and sun... Intiri... see where my mind is going? I think we can turn this into something with Intiri somehow involved (whether he is the dawn cock, or he has a giant rooster pet, or even the idea that the dawn cock is a named male prismatic or mirage dragon isn't out of the park)

3.5e link to obsidian dragons
https://web.archive.org/web/20140213210236/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psb/20030124b
3.5 link to Sardior article that gives stats for Seradess (assuming prior to her "being destroyed")
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20030124a

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 28 Nov 2020 22:23:15
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
9900 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2020 :  18:46:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These are for down in Lopango rather than Anchorome, but I just figured I would put it here since its all for the true world.

Flame Flamingo - size small - a variant of flamingo found in Lopango near volcanos. They are fire resistant and eat cooled lava as an addition to their diet. Their feathers glow with a faerie fire like effect in darkness, and when they are attack they can surround themselves with an effect resembling fire shield. They possess the ability to surround their beak in flames.

Giant Flame Flamingo - size large -
1449 DR - Using knowledge of transformation potions used on Azuposi humans by “the Ancients”, the red wizards of Lopango tharch experiment with flame flamingos. They manage to create a version of giant flame flamingo that can serve as a mount and which can extend its fire shield to its rider. Their feathers are useful in scribing scrolls related to fire magic, and the plumacloth woven from their feathers typically possesses some resistance to fire. These creatures have become a favored mount by the Mulan, Kolan, and Natican priests of Tezkossuth, lord of fire, who preach that the secrets of their creature were caused by divine inspiration for the red wizard who developed the potion, who was a member of the church of Tezkossuth.

Cathlyre - size small - underdark bird that's canon to be "similar to a peacock" and favored by dark elves, but little more is known. My adds based on some previous thoughts, their feathers are crystalline in structure and male feathers can glow like neon when initiating mating rituals. They are similar to a cockatrice in that they can temporarily petrify their prey, and they typically attack creatures smaller than themselves such as rats and insects. Their crystalline feathers are often taken and used as wind chimes in dark elven communities (though most winds in their communities are generated to keep their air from turning stale). The thinner crystalline strands are often used as lyre strings in small harps used by dark elven bards. Their crystalline feathers, when exposed to faerzress for an extended period are believed to slowly absorb the energy and can be used in many magical rituals. Their excrement is particularly useful as a fertilizer for fungi, and cathlyres are often kept as pets in myconid communities. Ground cathlyre feathers can be used in many situations where gorgon's blood is used as well.

Dire Cathlyre - size large -
1463 DR - Using knowledge of transformation potions used on Azuposi humans by “the Ancients”, the red wizards of Lopango tharch experiment with the underdark bird known as a cathlyre. They create a version of cathlyre that possesses the same nature as the smaller cathlyre, but also possesses a magical song called a “Cathlyre's Lullaby” which is a targeted effect which causes sleep and another songe called “Cathlyre's Charm” that can work like a charm person effect. These creatures lack the ability to fly, but they become the favored mount of the school of enchantment as well as bards of the tharch. This creation is unable to breed true unfortunately and thus new dire cathlyres must be created via potion creation.

1472 DR – Using dire cathlyre dung along with victims of russet mold or vegepygmy spores, red wizards of the Lopango tharch discover that they can produce a slightly tougher version of vegepygmy that is also more susceptible to charm magics. The tharch begins capturing jungle orcs and cayma alive and using their bodies to harvest new “cathlyre-bred” vegepygmies to serve as guards and using plumawoven chokers of cathlyre feathers that serve as charm tokens to control the creatures.

Giant Parrot - size large, but only barely... a parrot that CAN be a flying mount but can't carry much more than the weight of a human with a bow or staff.
1432 DR – Using knowledge of transformation potions used on Azuposi humans by “the Ancients”, the red wizards of Lopango experiment with local bird populations. They manage the creation of transformed parrots that are the size of horses. Though nowhere near as effective as giant eagles or owls for combat, these animals are useful as flying mounts and require less meat to feed them. Unfortunately, the potion dims the animals' intelligence even further, and attempts to awaken these beasts generally fail. Given that their smaller cousins seemingly possess some ability to speak, red wizards continue trying to perfect this potion for the next fifty years and experiment on other birds. The birds are found to breed true, and soon the Lopango tharch has hundreds of these creatures patrolling its skies. Several incidents at creating more intelligent versions of these creatures result in some of these creatures escaping captivity, and a wild population of giant parrots begins to grow. Their feathers are prized for their use in plumaweaving, and the creation of plumacloth and plumasails becomes a regular commodity for this tharch. Giant parrot meat is found to be very tasty by the inhabitants of the tharch, as well as the jungle orcs, and hunting of the wild population threatens them even as they grow.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2021 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000