Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Maztica Alive! Workshop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Mrestos Khorvaen
Acolyte

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2020 :  07:27:04  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One question: how did obsidian weapons worked against steel armors? I'm reading Maztica new manual (great work) and doesn't tell it. I supose a steel armor gives resistance against stone weapons.
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2020 :  17:09:13  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mrestos Khorvaen

One question: how did obsidian weapons worked against steel armors? I'm reading Maztica new manual (great work) and doesn't tell it. I supose a steel armor gives resistance against stone weapons.

Originally, not well. They introduced something called plumastone on the novels thought which was a foil against this obvious issue. It was essentially obsidian with the strength of steel. A hand waive for certain, but one that worked.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Mrestos Khorvaen
Acolyte

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2020 :  15:06:21  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I already read that at Maztica campaign guide. But any info about how old obsidian weapons performed against steel?
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2020 :  19:57:15  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simgara Aremagspawn, Half Dragon Turtle/Tortle mage-druidess of Nathair Sgiathach, winged serpent god of faerie dragons (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582168) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Simgara is rumored to have left her homeland to travel across the ocean to a recently returned land rumored to worship a feathered serpent deity

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2020 :  23:06:00  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mrestos Khorvaen

Thanks, I already read that at Maztica campaign guide. But any info about how old obsidian weapons performed against steel?

I’m not sure this has been addressed in 5e, but perhaps it shatters on a natural 1, ruining the weapon. Perhaps that threshold increases against higher AC that isn’t based on Dex. For example, against AC 14 or higher without Dex, it shatters on a roll of 1 or 2?

That’s just an idea, haven’t really thought about it much yet.

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Simgara Aremagspawn, Half Dragon Turtle/Tortle mage-druidess of Nathair Sgiathach, winged serpent god of faerie dragons (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582168) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Simgara is rumored to have left her homeland to travel across the ocean to a recently returned land rumored to worship a feathered serpent deity

Half dragon turtle tortle! That’s awesome.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 07 Sep 2020 23:10:03
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2020 :  23:28:34  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

quote:

Yeah, when someone mentioned Aremag a month or so back, I got the idea in my head when I was making a joke about Aremag. But the idea stuck. I then started thinking about dragon gods for a half-dragon turtle/tortle to worship. Then, when I saw that the god of Faerie Dragons called himself "the Winged Serpent" god, I thought "man, what if there were a priestess who thought that her faerie dragon god was Ubtao/Qotal.... and decided to head over to Maztica to chase myths". She might even head up north to Anchorome to chase the stories of Paiyatemu, the Sun Youth, who is linked to butterflies (because what kind of wings do faerie dragons have)... and run across the tribal lands of the Haud'Aunee Minnenewah (the spirit folk who worship the "Great Spirit" that is a Zaratan).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2020 :  01:02:15  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, when someone mentioned Aremag a month or so back, I got the idea in my head when I was making a joke about Aremag. But the idea stuck. I then started thinking about dragon gods for a half-dragon turtle/tortle to worship. Then, when I saw that the god of Faerie Dragons called himself "the Winged Serpent" god, I thought "man, what if there were a priestess who thought that her faerie dragon god was Ubtao/Qotal.... and decided to head over to Maztica to chase myths". She might even head up north to Anchorome to chase the stories of Paiyatemu, the Sun Youth, who is linked to butterflies (because what kind of wings do faerie dragons have)... and run across the tribal lands of the Haud'Aunee Minnenewah (the spirit folk who worship the "Great Spirit" that is a Zaratan).

I love it. This reminds me that I need to do more Maztica/Anchorome connections like you do. I have tried to keep them separate, mostly to not confuse those who enjoy one subsetting, but not the other, but I think that role has played itself out. I once wrote James Lowder about Aramag when I was a kid. that was the first time I actually got a letter from an author, I was so happy!

By the way, I know you weren't a huge fan of my first iteration of the Ruins of Olbi, but I have continued the project a bit. I made some small alterations which you might like and added a bit more lore and room descritpions. essentially, I wanted an old school dungeon crawl for Maztica. Here are the first 40 or so rooms...

MZA5 Ruins of Olbi

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 08 Sep 2020 01:03:40
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  00:30:13  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

Since I haven't and won't, play 4e or 5e, I am a bit confused here about Maztica. There has been an enormous amount of competing ideas regarding what has or hasn't changed and why. Does anyone here feel confident with corroborating documentation to demonstrate that the Maztican deities/pantheon were or were not affected by the Spellplague and/or Second Sundering?

Thanks! :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  02:36:26  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Hey all,

Since I haven't and won't, play 4e or 5e, I am a bit confused here about Maztica. There has been an enormous amount of competing ideas regarding what has or hasn't changed and why. Does anyone here feel confident with corroborating documentation to demonstrate that the Maztican deities/pantheon were or were not affected by the Spellplague and/or Second Sundering?

Thanks! :)

Best regards,

As far as I have seen, anything written regarding this issue has been only fan based speculation - fortunately and unfortunately.

But just logically speaking, of the entire continent had been transported to Abeir in the Spellplague, I can’t imagine that the effects were not devastating to the gods. Even if they weren’t directly affected - what happens to a deity when nearly 100% of your worshippers are brought somewhere else? I’ll stop here because you don’t want fan speculation.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 16 Sep 2020 02:37:22
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  04:14:08  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe Seethyr,

Salient points you make for sure! It can be weird though, based on things we've seen in the past, so I try to assume little. Hell, I just watched an interview where it was posited that Vhaeraun is like John Wayne or Bruce Willis. I had no idea, but, there you go!

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  10:18:37  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote

First off, let me state that I'm about to say a few things, but its more to make clear how people with differering views can still function in the same world. The fight over whats canon and not canon, sometimes it gets heated (and I've been in those arguments as well).

Yes, this is the one area in which mine and Seethyr's campaigns would be fairly different, but still not incompatible. He assumes that the "gods" didn't go over, but that the great spirits of anchorome were unaffected. This matches the pre-spellplague "knowledge" of the sages of realmslore (i.e. the stuff mentioned in the 4e campaign guide). I personally view those statements as uncertain narrator in perspective, and I even question whether the mortals could tell the difference between a primordial and a god (for instance, is Karshimis from Abeir a primordial or a god? is Talos from Toril a primordial or a god? we have answers to both, yet both could be the opposite). Secondly, we only know what the world was supposedly like PRIOR to the spellplague, not after it (except in one instance where a novel sends people from one world to the other). Seethyr tries to stick closer to what canon is perceived to be. I go an alternate route and state that the suddenly missing gods were missing because they were dragged in one form or another to Abeir (and even some dead gods). I also question whether mortals would recognize the difference between a god and a primordial even if one were in front of them. For instance, is Talos a god or a primordial? We have an answer in realmslore, but are we sure its right? Was Girru the Untheric fire god a god or a primordial? Was Karshimis from Abeir a god or a primordial?

So, since we have opposing views, shouldn't Seethyr our campaigns be incompatible? The answer becomes no still. Perhaps the Maztican gods didn't go to Abeir, but others did. Perhaps the great spirits of Anchorome are very much like gods as well, but more like the Untheric manifestations that were prime bound (a bit like Nobanion). Perhaps the Maztican gods DID go to Abeir, but not all of their worshippers got the message, or perhaps they only appeared to a portion of the population that would have served them. The forgotten realms should always be perceived in my view point as uncertain narrator, and that's something I've been saying for years. At the same time, even this is something hard to adhere to, because we all have something that's treasured to us. Yet, if one truly looks, nearly every definitive statement that's been issued over the years can be refuted. For instance, the elemental lords were not cast down during the ToT? Yes they were, because Kossuth was in Chult. Abeir had nothing resembling the weave? Untrue, Ed states that Abeir's weave simply worked differently, and we also have his article on worldfire which seems to indicate that both worlds had magic from dragon. In the end, we're all here to make a story, and sharing ideas is the best way to achieve that end.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  10:33:30  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I love it. This reminds me that I need to do more Maztica/Anchorome connections like you do. I have tried to keep them separate, mostly to not confuse those who enjoy one subsetting, but not the other, but I think that role has played itself out. I once wrote James Lowder about Aramag when I was a kid. that was the first time I actually got a letter from an author, I was so happy!

By the way, I know you weren't a huge fan of my first iteration of the Ruins of Olbi, but I have continued the project a bit. I made some small alterations which you might like and added a bit more lore and room descritpions. essentially, I wanted an old school dungeon crawl for Maztica. Here are the first 40 or so rooms...

MZA5 Ruins of Olbi

Oh, I didn't see this response. Sorry Seethyr. Honestly, I don't recall anything about your ruins of Olbi idea, but I'll dig on this and give you some feedback later today.

On the idea of keeping the campaigns regions separate, one big difference between them is what I've done with the United Tharchs, because that creates a continent spanning society that shares limited information. But, the people of the city of Tukan won't necessarily know what's happening way up in the Poscadari basin, except what they might hear from a trader. That being said, that's a VERY long way for a trader to travel (somewhat equivalent to someone in our world travelling from south America to Oregon). Then again, its NOT so far when one considers alternate options like flying on a giant parrot. Also, some Faerunian technology (like ship building) may have crept into some areas of Maztican society.
What I need to actually be careful of is the assuming that everyone everywhere knows everything, and thus certain societies need to be more isolated. My mind tends to draw connections left and right. One big way I need to shape that is to definitively put certain temples/religions into specific tharchs (for instance, I want to have the Zakharan goddess Kiga the Predator specifically in Katashaka, Lopango, AND the Shaar... but not up north in Anchorome or on my lunar enclave Luneira). So, in that way, we do tend to work well.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  12:18:35  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, I know you don't have the gods in Maztica during the spellplague years, but I plan to have them there (maybe not Qotal mind you, as maybe THAT particular god was sucked over to whereever Mezro the maze city went from Chult ... since I think he's Ubtao as well.... and he's literally been trapped there himself). It has occurred to me though that perhaps the best way to do this is if certain gods appeared to certain people. So, having Zaltec appearing to the orcs, ogres, jagres, and trolls who were his followers makes sense to me.

As I said though, I see certain gods in certain places, and one of them that I'd like to "bring back" is Kiga the Predator, as a goddess who never left Katashaka but whose influence died off in Zakhara. I'd like to see her religion carried FROM the cat folk of Katashaka and become embraced by Faerunians, who totally have forgotten about Malar over 5 generations. Specifically I'd like to see her in the 2 tharchs of Katashaka, the tharch of Lopango, and the Shaaran tharch of Peleverai. So, what if orcs from Nexal were captured and/or traded as slaves to the tharch of Lopango. What if these same orcs then escaped and met up with the jungle orcs? There may be bloodthirsty tribes of jungle orcs that serve Zaltec as clerics, druids, rangers, or even warlocks. Why do I bring this scenario up? Because this can fuel a religious war between the patriarchal jungle orcs serving a male god of the hunt, and a faction of humans following the huntress goddess Kiga the Predator. Since you also introduced the jungle drow into Lopango, perhaps some of THEM are also in this human society (having been freed and taken to wife, but eventually living beyond the lives of their husbands), and perhaps THEY have embraced Kiga the Predator (which, sidebar, tickles me to think of a drow priestess with a figurines of wondrous power of a panther that's bloodthirsty) and perhaps they SPECIFICALLY want to hunt the jungle orcs who had previously enslaved them. Now we have two unique factions in both cultures that hate one another, yet essentially they're worshipping the same ideals, admittedly with a gender bias.

I plan to do something very similar in the Shaar with Peleverai, in a slightly different way, and I'd like to have both these instances going. In Peleverai, it would be some Dambrath born Crintri and their human and half-elven and half-drow followers who get trapped and transferred to Abeir along with a huge portion of the Shaar (i.e. the whole area that was the Underchasm). We have some canon information that there is a drow city,Vaerndoun, somewhere near but beneath the surface city of Torsch in Prayers from the Faithful for the Talosian artifact "The Chanting Chain".

From Prayers from the Faithful, just for reference
The much-copied, bawdy narrative Life of Rebrum (evidently penned circa 1210 DR by a traveling merchant, Rebrum of Sheirtalar) mentions a drow trading band trying to barter away the chain to dark elves from a distant city at a trade-fair in the great subterranean cavern-complex of Vaerndoun. (The complex is a network of interconnected caves, many containing lakes, that stretch in a northeast/southwest line for over a hundred miles, with the midpoint deep beneath the surface city of Torsch.)

Anyway, the idea on the Peleverai said is that the Crintri cannot get prayers answered by Loviatar. A Crintri princess actually turns to this Kiga the Predator as her new goddess. She finds that Peleverai's cliffside tunnels from the landrise reach into the underdark. They find a group of drow, whose society is in shambles without Lolth, and they capture and enslave them. This is a bit of a turning point for the Crintri, who had previously sought the drow out hoping to gain their favor, and yet now they find them weak. Over the next century, some of these drow eventually earn their freedom and a respected place in society. Others are simply brood mares or studs for the Crintri or humans of the tharch. Still, respect for Kiga the Predator grows, and a small faction of hunters who serve to protect their society, provide meat, etc... gains respect and a relatively large temple is built. With the return to Toril, the Crintri princess wants to return to Dambrath, but finds a hunter god (Malar) pushing a patriarchal policy has pushed the crintri out of power and established the country as a savage place. She vows to cast out the followers of Malar from her homeland, and a portion of the population of the tharch (maybe nearing ten thousand) would like to join her in doing so, and she hopes to do so by bringing a new message to the women of her homeland and thus stealing away support. She just needs to find the proper zealots to help her deliver her new message, because she doesn't have near the manpower for open warfare otherwise.

In this, it may or may not be a good idea, but I feel like I'm having followers of the same god, pursuing similar goals, with a similar leadership, in two different parts of the world. One, a drow, human, and half-drow culture in a jungle full of narcissistic humans facing off against a roughly equal-sized group of orcs following Zaltec the jaguar hunter god. The other a group of crintri, drow, human, half-elf, half-drow, wemic, centaur, tabaxi, etc... from a clifside city overlooking a savannah, facing off against a larger group of humans and lyncanthropes following Malar the panther god.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 16 Sep 2020 12:30:04
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  16:43:40  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
still reading through the ruins of olbi (I remember it now, this is where they found the statue of Zaltec). I think you added some new stone wall carvings, and I love them, and they are cryptic enough that I'm not sure WHAT they might allude to. Very fun. In scrolling through it, I saw the obsidian flameskull image, and I wanted to see if I could make something simple that might fit... and oddly it got me to making some strange flameskulls (unicorn, nightmare, kobold, minotaur, giant jackalope, al-mir'aj, etc...). Take a look and see if you like the black stone one. I made it with black flames and with purple-black flames.

Flameskulls of Unusual Origin (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4598551) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

I didn't even attempt adding flames around the skulls themselves, as with 3d art, this tends to look hokey unless you're someone better than me, so I just put flaming eyes in place.

EDIT:
Getting a little further in. I like Papan's Horn of Plenty. Very fitting.

What's beyond area 30 is interesting. I also like Quauhtli.

In area 38, while the myth shows beings being transformed, given the nature of this mythology, it could be interesting if it were more of a "father/mother/birth" scenario.

For that matter, it could also be interesting if in other areas, there were depictions of races being birthed by Nula, possibly with Zaltec. For instance, the tabaxi come to mind. It doesn't have to be true mind you.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 16 Sep 2020 18:00:33
Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
237 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  18:09:19  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say that those are some cool ideas, Sleyvas. The cult of Kiga would make an interesting faction in the Shaar and Dambrath, and especially in creating a religious clash with Malarites.

Edited by - deserk on 16 Sep 2020 18:09:42
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  18:34:05  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deserk

Just wanted to say that those are some cool ideas, Sleyvas. The cult of Kiga would make an interesting faction in the Shaar and Dambrath, and especially in creating a religious clash with Malarites.

Thanks. I'm just noticing a piece of that got cut (got a problem with my keyboard at times when I hit shift... can't figure it out, but it moves up and deletes stuff somehow). I had had to retype some of that. The part that's missing is that this society that would be following one of the three Crintri princesses (the one who follows Kiga the Predator) would consist of a lot of different races. Crintri, dark elves, half-elves, half-drow, humans, centaurs, wemics, tabaxi, and possibly others would all be followers of this sect of the leopard huntress goddess.

Also, in said storyline, while in Abeir, many of the "lost gods" at one point or another needed the help of a mortal to survive or spread their worship. They needed it in the form of a mortal willingly serving as their avatar, in return for their aid. This Crintri princess served as the avatar of the goddess Kiga in order to protect the tharch at one point when Kiga was still weak during the last century. To note, as a result, this Crintri princess is favored of Kiga in some form. Exactly how this plays out in game terms, I haven't developed, but she's in effect something of a chosen (some minor bump in power mind you, not powers like Mystra's chosen get). Also, to note, this shouldn't be the ONLY mortal who served her in this way, but its how she became so well known in an area that previously knew very little of her worship. The Crintri princess was introduced to the worship via her slave handmaiden, a tabaxi from Katashaka, whom she frees and who becomes her personal bodyguard. I'm thinking her chosen abilities will be something like the ability to summon a few animal companion that's a pair of hunting cats (a leopard and a panther) with some magical nature (possibly even dire versions of said creatures).

Another idea that just popped in my head is that perhaps there was a gift from the red wizards and other refugees who reform the city of Peleverai in the Shaar to the three Crintri princesses (in another thread I kind of talked about these three princesses who have different goals within the last month). Perhaps this gift to the Crintri is a black unicorn to each of them. Normally said unicorn would be infertile, but perhaps through Kiga's hand, the one given to THIS princess is given the ability to procreate with horses. The offspring are not full black unicorns, but perhaps they possess the horn and some minor ability to misty step. This priesthood would embrace the idea of mounted hunting, and it would be a mark of notoriety if they possess an unusual mount, especially one with cat like qualities, such as a griffin or a dragonne (aka hakuna in Maztica) or a manticore. Perhaps over the last century, utilizing ritual magic similar to that used to pervert black unicorns, this tharch also developed the ability to mate nightmares to pegasi, producing "black pegasi" (which are nothing more than pegasi that are black and less nobly inclined). Given that nearby Durpar had Durpari Airlancers using pegasi, I figure that they may have been able to get ahold of some pegasi from portions of the shining lands that may have transferred to Abeir (rather than sink beneath the waves). With the return to Toril, the corruption of these pegasi and the breeding of these subpar black unicorns may have become a point of interest for followers of Lurue.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 16 Sep 2020 19:46:54
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  18:43:58  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader sleyvas,

I like to think there would be another option: the Maztican gods going to Krynn.

We saw the crossover between the Realms and DL in Tymora's Luck afterall. Cool way to see them spring back and be reasonably well off. ;)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  18:58:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Great Reader sleyvas,

I like to think there would be another option: the Maztican gods going to Krynn.

We saw the crossover between the Realms and DL in Tymora's Luck afterall. Cool way to see them spring back and be reasonably well off. ;)

Best regards,

The realms touches literally almost every crystal sphere out there from what I've seen, so not sure why you'd pick Krynn? Nor do I see why you'd want that to happen when Abeir and Toril collide (which granted also has some kind of Feywild and Shadowfell collisions as well). Note, I'm not dissing your idea, I'm just saying that there seems no design or special story idea that would make me say that the idea is intriguing.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  23:01:57  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader sleyvas,

The only I can think of is what happened...

*SPOILER FOR TYMORA'S LUCK: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS DO NOT CONTINUE TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

...when it all turned out to be Iyacthu Xvim being a mind ninja and how the DL deities got involved in some Realms stuff. I would imagine that would stick out in the mind of a deity in an "Oh S*HT" moment and perhaps wanting to take a break from things until it all cools off.

That was my only point on it.

By the way: I appreciate your genteel response about my idea. Very polite of you good sir! :)

Best regards as always,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  12:16:57  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Great Reader sleyvas,

The only I can think of is what happened...

*SPOILER FOR TYMORA'S LUCK: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS DO NOT CONTINUE TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

...when it all turned out to be Iyacthu Xvim being a mind ninja and how the DL deities got involved in some Realms stuff. I would imagine that would stick out in the mind of a deity in an "Oh S*HT" moment and perhaps wanting to take a break from things until it all cools off.

That was my only point on it.

By the way: I appreciate your genteel response about my idea. Very polite of you good sir! :)

Best regards as always,

No problem, but in that case, I can definitely say that them going to Krynn for the reasons you describe make little sense to me. The way I look at it, the realms is HUGE with a ton of gods. So, a few more gods coming in to "stir the soup" can happen without the other gods noticing. I can't say the same of gods appearing in Krynnspace. They'd get noticed, and probably in a bad way. That place is very territorial. The same could happen with the gods going to Abeir, if it weren't for the idea that "the primordials went to sleep". So, I'm basically stirring with the idea that the gods were able to transfer there (not necessarily willingly) in lesser forms and not really draw attention to themselves as much for a few decades (a blink in the eye of a primordial), and build a "front" to protect the few mortals that they sent over. Now that they've transferred back (and some people from Toril have presumably been sent to Abeir), the gods have a minor foothold in the lands there that learned of them. We may find in fact that the lost city of Mezro is still in Abeir, and that Ubtao/Qotal is brokering a peace between gods and primordials (or planning a strike).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  17:08:49  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader sleyvas,

I think you are right about Krynnspace gods (though I am no expert on Krynn) to a point. I could see Takhisis trying to utilize the less powerful deities as weapons against Paladine and others in an attempt to achieve their goals. It would be a pretty weird situation though.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2020 :  04:52:32  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Olbi is finished :-)

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/328885/MZA5-The-Ruins-of-Olbi

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2020 :  12:49:38  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I do like that you included a bunch of new spells. I know you did a book of pluma and hishna magic. Are these from that or totally new? You only went to are 38 before, so I think there were only 2 of them there, but I liked featherchoke.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2020 :  16:16:01  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I do like that you included a bunch of new spells. I know you did a book of pluma and hishna magic. Are these from that or totally new? You only went to are 38 before, so I think there were only 2 of them there, but I liked featherchoke.

They’re all new! That was part of why I wanted to do this - to introduce new spells of pluma and hishna and considering the boxed set mentioned new magic, I thought it fit perfectly. If you’ll notice, all of the spells are low level as well, because at the time the spells were developed (in the lore), only plumaweavers and hishnashapers worked that type of magic. There were no wizard subclasses yet to the able to cast higher level spells.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2020 :  19:47:33  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

They’re all new! That was part of why I wanted to do this - to introduce new spells of pluma and hishna and considering the boxed set mentioned new magic, I thought it fit perfectly. If you’ll notice, all of the spells are low level as well, because at the time the spells were developed (in the lore), only plumaweavers and hishnashapers worked that type of magic. There were no wizard subclasses yet to the able to cast higher level spells.

Gotcha. I got sidetracked with something else (playing with 3d stuff again, making drinking horns... ones you could in theory print and use for cosplay OR just use as a 3d model for art), but I'm going to go through the spells in a bit.

EDIT: I like Feather Fan and Resplendent Wings too. What's a Kiltzi's Ring of Eternal Love do? If you put it in one of your products, you may want to reference it (and if it's in the DMG, then I'm just stupid, but I don't feel like looking).

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 18 Sep 2020 22:26:46
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2020 :  06:39:03  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe Seethyr,

Is that 5e current timeline material, or back pre-Spellplague?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2020 :  07:04:26  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Senior Scribe Seethyr,

Is that 5e current timeline material, or back pre-Spellplague?

Best regards,

It could be either. It’s essentially just a dungeon crawl in ruins that haven’t been entered in 300 years but date from way before. It’s unchanged since the Desert Dwarves that tried to settle it were wiped out.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2020 :  22:18:14  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe Seethyr,

Awesome! Thank you for that. I think I will indeed be getting that! :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2020 :  03:06:01  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the next project, I have decided to update my old scorpionfolk book. Its first iteration was for 3e, the second (which is up on DMsGuild) had a good core, but I didn't treat it with the love I have put into other books. With some fresh new ideas, art that I got permission to use, and a bit more experience in putting together decent looking books I am fully redoing the original.

Here is my first WIP. MZS3 Claw and Sting

In the near future, I plan to...

1. Add rules for scorpionfolk grafts
2. Throw in a few random magic items and spells specifically designed for scorpionfolk
3. Add the "Diviner" background and maybe a few others, a canonical term used for all scorpionfolk casters
4. Add the Scorpionfolk as a playable race, with the tlincalli as a subspecies and then add my opistacanthi, imperatonti, and charinti homebrew subraces (palophonti are way too powerful to play).
5. Add a dozen or so monsters which includes the aforementioned subraces, something called scorilla, Sciorah the titan, a cibarius swarm, crystal scorpion, feathered scorpion, obyrith touched template
6. Add a small scenario/adventure called the Den of Scorpions which is redone from my 3e version.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2020 :  21:21:42  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Claw and Sting is fully updated with an additional 20 pages!

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/176961/MZS3-Claw-and-Sting

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000