Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Few new Realms related products
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  01:09:13  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Browsing the net today, I've come across these two items and figured maybe someone wanted to know about them.

First is a set of minis: http://www.nobleknight.com/productdetail.asp?categoryid=5&genreid=0&manufacturerid=297&productlineid=2137430928&productid=2147553487&inventoryid=2148112235

Second is a new Baldur's Gate comic with Minsc and Boo: http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2851/

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  02:25:24  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could feel my wallet hemorrhaging when I saw the Minsc and Boo comics. They'd better get my favorite Ranger right!

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  03:23:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. I'm looking forward to the comics. Even if I don't purchase any of the recent sourcebooks/novels, I've still done so for the comics.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  12:35:08  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang. Much as I love Minsc and Boo, the disparity between the games and the novels has always been a contentious point of canon.

I understand the business decision to make such a popular character have a bigger role but it does kind of spit in the eye of established realmslore.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  16:49:36  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How?
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  18:51:16  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've jumped up when I heard about the Minsc & Boo comic.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  23:30:38  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome

Purple you say?!

Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  08:11:22  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

Dang. Much as I love Minsc and Boo, the disparity between the games and the novels has always been a contentious point of canon.

I understand the business decision to make such a popular character have a bigger role but it does kind of spit in the eye of established realmslore.

As opposed to all the other stuff Wizards has done to the Realms?

Happy to see Minsc and Boo get their due. At least this comic is bringing back (adding) something (someone) popular within the setting (rather than their usual subtractive process).

Once again, Wizards is realizing one of their most famous and popular mainstream exposures wasn't by their usual team of in-house or freelance collaborator efforts, but from a computer game from three editions ago, by talent that has gone on to create popular competing franchises like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and soon to be Pillars of Eternity.

I'd wager there are more people within popular video game culture who know what Dragon Age is than Forgotten Realms, and many who know FR is through its relationship with Bioware as in "Oh, you mean those games Bioware made years ago before Dragon Age."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000