Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 The Return of Necromancer Games!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2014 :  07:14:43  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
According to this article on ENWorld, Necromancer Games has returned!

For me, Necromancer Games was one of the best third party sources for D20 material (right behind Sword and Sorcery Studios) when it came to Third Edition Dungeons & Dragons and I got plenty of mileage out of their adventures.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 07 Jul 2014 07:17:57

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2014 :  08:00:07  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Already mentioned by Crazedadventures in the Kickstarter thread.

It's might just be shuffling of DBA names, but Necromancer Games never really went away. They've been under the big slimey umbrella of Frog God Games (owned and operated by Bill Webb, one half of the original NG founders), who brought out Clark Peterson's share of NG's available IP library and dread iconography company logo and trade dress.

Necromancer Games seems to be used more as an imprint for their new 5E material. Conveniently it also provides legal cover for FGG in case the license for 5E (whatever Codename Morningstar is) turns out more restrictive like the GSL or if Wizards suddenly feels litigious. I suspect it's more the former and I doubt Wizards wants to halt the support of one of the most well-regarded 3PP for any system, plus they bring almost as much new school as old school cred as WotC itself (when making references to TSR-era materials).

What's significant (besides the popular FGG and OSR designers) is the involvement of Ed Greenwood (I believe a first contribution to NG/FGG?), Steve Winter, James Ward, and Skip Williams.

Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2014 :  19:41:11  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Necromancer Games made some really great adventures. Tomb of Abysthor, Vault of Larin Karr etc. Sure hope they have some nice new things lined up for 5E!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000