Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Suggest a Campaign Book?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2014 :  03:52:28  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I want to do this in the Realms:

Conjurades. A conjurade is something like a grenade, except when it explodes, a creature bound to the conjurade is released. I saw these in the Malazan series. Basically grenades that released a bound demon. Is there any particular realms book covering artifacts that could point me towards a realms-compatible take on this sort of weapon?

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2014 :  05:31:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might could do this with chardalyn, which are naturally occurring gemstones that hold a single spell, released when the gem is shattered. These are from the Netheril boxed set.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2014 :  06:12:31  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spelltouch (Wiz 4, Enchantment, Metamagic):
Makes an arbitrary reasonably small nonliving item accept 1 spell charge (any up to 3 level), released (point-of-origin: surface) on contact with [race, sex, type, excluded type] creature. Dispel or destruction cancels.
Preparation of the focus takes 1 week/charge level. M: includes powdered gemstones (200 GP/charge level).
Source: "Cult of the Dragon"; note that it's the "proper" 4-lvl version, not 2-lvl Itithra's Spelltouch, which got interference effects and does not accept Wild Magic charges.

Shalantha's Delicate Disks (Wiz 7, Alteration, Enchantment, ?Metamagic):
Creates disks (D 1', H 1'') fragile as eggshell, accepting 1 charge (arcane up to 5 or divine up to 4 level), released (point-of-origin: surface) on break (20 pnd pressure | 1 hp damage). Dispel activates. Basically, it's a magic landmine, though can be used in beneficial ways too.
Source: "The Fall of Myth Drannor".

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

rangerstranger
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2014 :  14:57:40  Show Profile Send rangerstranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Figurine of Wondrous Power?? Not an FR specific item but something just like this would work I think, make it one use rather than 1/day or whatever.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000