Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms: Alternate Dimensions Fan Mag
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2014 :  12:36:39  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Issue 4 is really taking shape now. Here are the preliminary contents (i.e. i have already written these pieces)

Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Mulhorandi-Untheric Pantheon
Deities With A Difference: Gilgeam
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Old Empires
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Old Empires – An Alternate Timeline
Deities With a Difference: Tchazzar
Rulesword: Trimming 3rd Edition One Step at a Time

As you may be able to see from the above i have merged the Mulhorandi and Untheric pantheons (although in my alternate realms there were 3 pantheons in the beginning), Gilgeam is and isnt dead, and Tchazzar is still a god and hopefully i have sound reasons for each occurence.

If anyone still loves the Old Empires and is interested in getting involved with developing Thay and Mulhorand i would love a few extra brains to bounce ideas off of (Chessenta and Unther i found easy thanks to a few stray sentences that i took to the extreme, but Mulhorand while being the most detailed of the three is also the most sparse for interesting clues).

Issue 5 will have a dragons of the south article for Alasklerbanbastos which will present the other half of Tchazzar's story (which goes back a lot further than 902 DR since they were both Great Wyrms by that time).

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9
Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2014 :  12:06:13  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just thought i would post a little teaser of my alternate version of Tiamat that will appear in issue III. The following details are of one of the sacred relics of Tiamat (although which Tiamat is the important question in my alternate version of things).

The Rings of Tiamat: Each of these three rings was forged from a scale of the Dark Lady’s dragon form long ago, these rings were most recently given to the dragons Tchazzar, Gestaniius, and Skuthosin as part of some pact between each dragon and Tiamat; the Dark Lady, long before the Time of Troubles began,
When originally created these rings enhanced the abilities of the wearer making them stronger, faster, and more intelligent with greater spell like and spellcasting abilities than they would otherwise have access to. At the same time the wearer of the ring acted as a vessel for a portion of the Dark Lady’s divinity so that should she ever be slain then the vessels would be compelled to seek out and slay one another until only one remained who would then be reborn as the Dark Lady. Once put on the ring could never be removed except in death.
Using these relics the Dark Lady escaped death at least twice. Once during a battle with Marduk during the Orcgate Wars and again during the first battle with Gilgeam during the Time of Troubles. Her essence split between each vessel and she was reborn from the body of the victor as he consumed the other two vessels.
The unpredictability of magic during the Time of Troubles twisted the function of the ring worn by Tchazzar and this ring now holds the essence of Tchazzar instead of Tiamat. This means there are only 2 Rings of Tiamat remaining.
With the Dark Lady’s death, Tiamat the Dragon Queen claimed these remaining relics for herself and altered their powers to suit her. Now these rings, as well as enhancing abilities, slowly twist the wearer making them more evil and draconic in nature and form the longer they are worn. If the wearer is already a dragon then it merely twists them to evil and increased veneration of her, if the wearer is humanoid then they slowly transform into a half dragon. The rings can only be removed with a greater remove curse spell.
Unfortunately when she sent a servant to reclaim the ring worn by Tchazzar, the servant foolishly put it on and was twisted into Tchazzar himself. As such the ring has eluded her, although Tiamat does not know how or why.
Tiamat sends these rings into the lairs of dragons hoping that unsuspecting humans (or the dragon that dwells in the lair) don the rings and become devoted to her worship.
The rings still contain the divine spark they once did although it no longer has any function, but could be used to effect a return of the Dark Lady if someone had the power and the will to do so.

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2014 :  21:28:37  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those who use Tumblr (which up until yesterday did not include me). I have also created a blog.

Blog: http://faerunalternatedimensions.tumblr.com/

Feel free to check it out for update (although I will also post them here), and it looks like it has a chat function so if anyone has any questions or is interested in the canon facts that inspired the alternate versions (there is always a stray quote that gives a different take on events) then by all means pop over and have a look.

Although like I said its my first time using blogs so please be nice

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  10:58:53  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had a few brainwaves while Candlekeep was down so i have a few realmsy articles for Issue 5. Of course Issue 3 is the next one due to be released so it will be a bit of a wait for issue 5.

Dragons of the South: Alasklerbanbastos “The Great Bone Wyrm”
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Old Empires – A History of Thay
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Old Empires – A Modern Timeline
Deities With a Difference: Set
Laerakond: The Hundar Isles

A few stray passages in Dreams of the Red Wizards led me to the conclusion that Set was originally given control of the Mulhorandi province of Priador to rule over (probably to keep him out the way). I then concluded that he was not always so evil and outcast and that must have happened in the aftermath of the orcgate wars when he tried to take over (which i have rewritten a bit).

Well another stray passage led to the conclusion that it was Set who opened the Orcgate. I have him consume/merge with a number of divine/quasi divine beings to gain the portfolio he currently has (and his scaled skin) and along the way i explained why some of the Mulhorandi gods have animal heads (they are helmets of course but there is a good reason why - Felidae should give those in the know a clue).

I also connected the Orcgate Wars and the Orcgates Affair. it was actually a lot of fun tying up some random comments and coming up with reasons as to why the Mulhorandi resemble what they do now. I think it makes them more realmsian while at the same time not removing their obviously egyptian origins.

And how many times has Thay changed hands over the years? It was Mulhorandi first, then the orcs had it for 5 years, then Narfell, then Raumathar, then Mulhorand again, then finally it was Thay.

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  15:06:12  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just thought i would post a bit of detail from my alternative writeup of Bahamut. One of the things i did was to tie the King of Justice title to the church of Bahamut as it made little sense to me for all matallic dragons to suddenly start cooperating and obeying the edicts of a supposed king. If such a king had existed before why had they not united in the past to destroy other threats. It seemed more likely to me that this king of justice was a religious title only that bore no authority over other dragons unless they were members of the church of bahamut.

Anyway thats just my take on it.

The Church of Bahamut

The church of Bahamut is a loose organisation that is spread out across Faerűn. The church maintains no temples (except the Palace of the North Wind), and very little in the way of hierarchy or structure.

The High Priest of the church of Bahamut is known by his title “The King of Justice” who lives in “The North Wind” and takes orders only from Bahamut but is largely autonomous (Bahamut only intervenes in times of great peril so is used primarily as a source of knowledge and wisdom).

The King of Justice gives his orders to his vassal lords (usually metallic dragons of great age and ability) that oversee large areas within the boundaries of Faerűn and who organise their own groups of lower ranking priests and agents to carry out the orders given to them. These areas usually coincide with the territory claimed by the dragon lord (although this is not true for humans that rise to this level within the church).

When not following orders the priests of Bahamut roam the lands of Faerűn (within the broad sphere of influence of their superior, which could include the entire Western Heartlands for instance) aiding the weak, recruiting new followers to Bahamut’s glory, and keeping an eye out for Tiamat and her agents.

Communication between priests and the church lords varies according to the individuals, but these lords are usually ancient dragons with incredible spellcasting ability and the powers of flight and shape-shifting as well, so incognito communication is unlikely to be a significant barrier.

The church of Bahamut is not particularly large (numbering only a few hundred members in all of Faerűn. It is split equally between dragons and humanoids (although dragons includes half dragons and dragonborn), but the dragons in Bahamut’s church hold the majority of powerful positions (only 1 lord is known to be a humanoid).

During the Rage of Dragons many metallic dragons sought aid from the Church of Bahamut to protect them from the unusual, untimely and seemingly unending dracorage. Those that did seek aid were given protection while they entered a magically induced slumber. Those that did not seek aid from the church had to find their own means to cope with the dracorage.

Given the ancient war between Tiamat and Bahamut that was a major contribution to the dwindling number of dragons in Faerűn, it is surprising that so many metallic dragons turned to Bahamut’s church for aid. In gratitude for the promise the church kept to these dragons, many of them have begun worshipping the Platinum Dragon once more.

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2014 :  20:38:22  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have just created a twitter feed and facebook page

Twitter Feed:https://twitter.com/FRAltDimensions
Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005172404865&fref=ts

So now there are no excuses for people not getting involved because they don't use a certain brand of social media (I think I got them all).

I'm still busy working my way through a campaign arc for the Mulhorandi Conquest of Unther. I think I have the format sorted, now I just need to detail the various sieges and battles, when they happen, what happens, and other events happening around them (and side quests). So far I'm up to ten pages and about halfway.

If anyone wants to get involved but hasn't got an article of their own, then I am happy to collaborate with people on my latest article, its always nice to have an extra brain for various ideas.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
5350 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2014 :  00:44:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Hmm, if I didn't know better, I'd say I'm being put forth as a changer of FR canon. I was just following the herd. See "Unapproachable East", p.191.

-- George Krashos

No, not calling you a changer of canon... just pointing out that if something were to make a good story, it would be "what happened to make this guy change so much". This is one of those little tidbits of lore discrepancy that can be polished and turned into something really good.

Another story I'd like to see is "Why did people think Queen Sambryl was such a powerful spellcaster?". You know, because she went from being an archmage to being able to only cast 2nd lvl spells. Did someone else pose as her? Was her body actually not her own for a while? Did she actually share her body with the soul of a former royal wizard? Was she drained by some powerful undead? Did she have some intelligent item that could cast spells, and using it she simulated being an archmage? If the change weren't so great, it wouldn't be a major thing, but to go from wiz 17 to wiz 4.... its noticeable

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2014 :  11:49:44  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i have posted information about the mag on The Piazza forums and on Wizards of the Coast forums (might not have been the smartest thing to do but lets see what happens).

Can anyone think of any other forums that i can post on to get the word around.

I tried Enworld but you have to make so many posts before you can add any links.

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  09:13:12  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3 is now available. Feel free to give any feedback (positive or not, although constructive feedback is more helpful).

Below is the link. It is also added to the first page of this thread (and my sig) and will be posted on Tumblr and the piazza, and paizo, and WoTC forums, and Enworld. So you shouldnt have any trouble in finding it if you want it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2yr4B9kIXPNDc4VUJtcDR3bE0/edit?usp=sharing

This issue signals the end of my focus on the Bloodstone Lands and a shift towards the Old Empires.

Just in case you missed the contents before, here they are again

Deities With a Difference: Tiamat
Ryan Rahuba Presents: Shifters – A Racial Description
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Damara – Higenzi the Witch
When is a House Rule Not a House Rule: Skills
Deities With a Difference: Bahamut
The Bloodstone Lands Adventure Path: Episode 2
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Damara – Order of Fallen Princes
Laerakond: The Barrier Mountains
Rulesword: Trimming 3rd Edition One Step at a Time
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Damara – The Bloodfeathers Lineage
The Knights Below: Adventure Path – Episode 3
The Knights Below: Campaign Journal

We should have two more collaborators onboard for issue 4 so if anyone wants to join in you wont be alone.

And if anyone can tell me the secret hidden across Issues 1, 2, and 3 they get a special mention in the next issue.

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  11:45:16  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and as a hint the secret is to do with Higenzi's unknown background

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4788 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  15:03:03  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, are you hinting that Higenzi and Zhengyi were the same person?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  15:14:45  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And first prize goes to George Krashos (and i'm rather thrilled that you actually read some of my magazine - although you could have guessed at the secret from the contents).

I realise it wasnt a very subtle secret, i did a bit of Lord Voldemort to come up with the name, but if it made people read the magazine in order to find it then hopefully it worked. (i'm pretty sure Ed uses a similar tactic by saying there are still 5 secrets outstanding in the Old Grey Box - although there probably are secrets still outstanding in that box since i reckon i found one last year).

Vaasa being a nasty monster riddled land i figured would have been even more wild in the first few centuries (before any human settlement occured).

Therefore Zhengyi would have had a vested interest in clearing it out a bit so he could set up his own kingdom. I also noted the end of the opposition to the Zulkirate and the creation of Damara tied up quite nicely so i just linked the two together, and then created the history around the idea that Zhengyi was steering Damara towards a course that he wanted.

Since you spotted it first you can have a special mention in Issue 4 (assuming you want it).

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
5350 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2014 :  02:50:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know its not uncommon for sex changes in the realms, but Zhengyi was a man and the Higenzi you described was a woman. If I were to link the two historically, it would be to have Higenzi be a relation (cousin, daughter, wife, etc...). I'd be hesitant to shape the entirety of Zhengyi's existence around Vaasa and Damara too. Just because his last major role in the realms was there doesn't mean his life was built there. He was an ex-red wizard. It may have been simply that he was trying to make a foothold from which he could extend his influence into Dun-Tharos (thus his stopping after securing the top half of Damara).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4788 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2014 :  03:47:24  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did like the notation that Vaasa got its name from a marilith named Vaas. Stealing that.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4788 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2014 :  03:51:31  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

It may have been simply that he was trying to make a foothold from which he could extend his influence into Dun-Tharos (thus his stopping after securing the top half of Damara).

Vaasa is an odd place to base yourself if you are making a play for Dun Tharos. In the forest itself or somewhere like Hark's Finger would make much more sense. My (very) vague thoughts on Zhengyi don't link him with Dun Tharos and ancient Narfell but do link him with the ancient, ancient dragon kingdoms and due to timing, with the Cult of the Dragon.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2014 :  08:42:52  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i consider there no higher honour than having two esteemed fellow scribes such as yourselves read my work and then find something worth borrowing.

As for Vaasa and Zhengyi. I decided to have Zhengyi go into hiding because of the Zulkir putting down all opposition to their rule. Assuming Zhengyi was on the losing side then it is quite likely he would be hunted by the Red Wizards wherever he went.

I made him hide as a woman because the Red Wizards would be looking for a man. Zhengyi is already a 100+ year old lich so to make him look like a withered old Nar woman would not be too much of a stretch. Plus with Zhengyi having a patron in Orcus (and i made him a relative) it is not unlikely that Zhengyi has ancient Nar heritage so may know Narfell quite well.

I actually envisaged Higenzi using very little magic during her time in Damara (deliberately so as to hide herself from anyone hunting for her). The secret level in Bloodfeathers Palace was built using labourers (not magic) and contained good old fashioned spy holes to keep an eye on events in the castle. Higenzi's disguise was likewise non-magical using prosthetics and makeup. That way anyone with a detect magic spell would find very little of interest in Damara or in Higenzi.

Of course my version of Vaasa revolves entirely around Telos and the Warlock Knights. They were such a good idea from the future timeline it seemed a shame not to include them, plus Vaasa needed something to give it an identity. It was a barren, poisonous, hostile land and i felt that Telos fit the bill for being the primary reason for this. Then of course Zhengyi being linked to Orcus who was linked to Narfell who were linked to binding powerful creatures (Eltab) seemed a good enough link to send Zhengyi after Telos and then i could have the Warlock Knights and Telos and the Voice of Telos all in one go.

I realise they are tenuous links but there was such freedom to work in Vaasa that i could pretty much come up with whatever i wanted and not violate anything in a sourcebook (although i managed it a few times but that was deliberate).

I'm sure Zhengyi had other goals but his first goal was secure Telos' power for his patron, his own goals revolved around creating a kingdom. After that who knows what Zhengyi wanted to do because his plans were interrupted. He was a lich after all so he could afford to play the long game and had many centuries to put events in place to get what he wanted. How was he to know Gareth Dragonsbane would show up.

Oh and one of my proof readers reckons he recognises the name Vaas from somewhere so i may have unconsciously stolen it from an existing FR name, but i couldnt find a mention anywhere. Just thought i should mention it. I also used the noble house Bel Maris to name the Beaumaris River that was included on the 4e map of Vaasa.

And for those that want to continue reading the magazine there is another semi-secret hidden across issues 3, 4, and 5 but i wont be giving out any hints for this one since George got this answer so fast.

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2014 :  08:48:22  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Out of interest i'm dying to know what people think to my attempt at solving the whole Tiamat debacle (her arriving twice in the Realms, and her many, many deaths).

I realise i completely divorced the death of Orcus from the FR timeline but it was never an event that took place in FR anyway and it added nothing to the setting so i felt there was no harm in sidelining it so it could have happened at any point in history, and indeed never needs mentioning in FR because it is an event for another campaign setting.

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2014 :  14:12:41  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A snippet of one article from issue 4.

This article focuses on the Mulhorandi-Untheric pantheon that were merged together by continuing the development of the Mulhorandi conquest of Unther.

This new much stronger pantheon should be able to better resist the Faerunian pantheon and should now be able to properly contest for worshippers in Chessenta.

Rollcall of the Gods
Anhur: War, Battle, Conflict, Thunder, Rain, the Sky, Weather, Storms, Lightning
Bast: Hedonism, Sensual Fulfilment, Lust, Excess, Cats, Pleasure Seekers, Festhalls
Enlil: Unther, Law, Order
Geb: The Earth, Miners, Minerals, Mines
Gilgeam: Madness, Physical Prowess, Undeath
Hathor: Childbirth, Motherhood, Fertility, Children, Music, Dance, Poetry, Fate
Hoar: Revenge, Retribution, Poetic Justice
Horus-Re: The Sun, Rulership, Kings, Life, Mulhorand
Isis: Magic, Marriage, Rivers, Love, Good Magic
Marduk (Bahamut): Good Dragons, Metallic Dragons, Wisdom, Enlightened Justice
Nanna Sin: Protection from Evil, Defence, the Moon
Nephthys: Grief, Wealth, Trade, Commerce
Osiris: Harvest, Nature, Agriculture, Underworld, Death, the Dead, Justice
Sebek: Hazards, Crocodiles, Werecrocodiles, Wetlands
Set: Darkness, Evil, Desert Storms, Drought, Snakes, Murder, Destruction, Rot, Predators, Carrion, Betrayal, Evil Magic, Ambition, Poison
Thoth: Knowledge, Learning, Neutral Magic, Scribes, Science, Engineering, Secrets, Invention
Tiamat: Evil Dragons, Chromatic Dragons, Greed, Rebellion

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2014 :  20:39:31  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I just got banned by WoTC from their forums for posting about this project.

Man they are touchy.

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
2605 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2014 :  21:55:36  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So they are against even sharing one's own idea about the Realms?

WTH, If they actually banned you for it, that would suck a lot.

To all Facebook-using FR fans, you might be interested in checking out this page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/450517575051806/

Edited by - Irennan on 09 Jul 2014 21:57:32
Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2014 :  09:22:39  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually as it turned out i just forgot what email address i signed up to the forums with.

But when they have a (perhaps historical) reputation for deleting accounts and banning people for anything they dislike who can blame me for jumping to the wrong conclusion

Go to Top of Page

dazzlerdal
Great Reader

United Kingdom
3292 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2014 :  10:39:52  Show Profile Send dazzlerdal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just thought i would add another teaser from issue 4, and one of my reasonings why the capital of Mulhorand is called Skuld (meaning city of shadow).

Matet and Semktet: The gods of the Mulhorandi, Untheric, and Akanic pantheons all travelled to Toril in separate space barges constructed in a joint effort between their most skilled gods. The Akanic pantheon travelled in the Galley of the Gods as constructed by Enki. The Mulhorandi pantheon travelled in a great war galley named Matet and led the way for the three space barges using the artefact known as the Beacon of Light.
The Matet means “Light of the Stars” in the Mulan language, and it was a wondrous sight to behold. A huge metallic galley filled with armaments and defences enough to take on any threat they encountered in the void above. It was also blessed with an intelligence all of its own and possessed the ability to repair itself of the damage it sustained.
Travelling through the great void was not without its own trials, and the pantheons faced centuries of peril and epic adventures. Along the way their spacecraft suffered much damage so that once they reached the planet Toril their vessels were but a shadow of their former glory.
The Muhorandi vessel was renamed Semktet (“Shadow of the Stars”) as it neared it’s destination it passed through a dark nebula that had once been the home of Shar long ago. Something within this nebula infested the barge giving it a dark and evil personality of its own, the ship’s form changed to a simpler, plainer, shadowy vessel more befitting its new name.
Upon reaching Toril the Mulan gods liberated their people and set them free wandering the land for a new home. Unwilling to leave Semktet behind, the Mulhorandi gods dragged it across the plains for miles before settling on the eastern shores of the Alamber Sea.
There they thrust Semktet deep beneath the earth and set atop it Re’s great tower with the Beacon of Light atop it so that Semktet would be forever under guard. Unfortunately great tragedy struck the Mulhorandi over the years, Re was killed in the Orcgate Wars, and the Beacon of Light was stolen from its sentinel position.
Now Skuld, the City of Shadow is in danger of becoming closer to its name than the inhabitants could imagine.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
5350 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2014 :  11:10:31  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering, where did you come up with the term for the third pantheon (i.e. Akanic)? I must admit, I somewhat favor the idea of there being a third pantheon corresponding to the Babylonian gods (although the Sumerian and Babylonian gods could easily have been their own pantheon... the 1st edition deities and demi-gods says they're from the same place similar to Roman/Greek mythos). Anyway, was it it any way related to Akanul? That would be my only worry... because isn't Akanul entirely an Abeiran name?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
5350 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2014 :  11:41:03  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, in searching on Enlil, I just found a term Akkadian which seems to have some ties to Babylonian gods. Maybe that's where you got it? Which could be interesting though if Akanul was originally Torilian and it transferred to Abeir and now back to Toril... the fact that its filled with genasi COULD have some actual ties to these people being transferred over and their gods NOT. Perhaps they started worshipping the primordials AND mating with elemental beings in order to "come closer to their new gods". Might be a stretch, but might be a good twist.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
5350 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2014 :  11:45:05  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

A snippet of one article from issue 4.

This article focuses on the Mulhorandi-Untheric pantheon that were merged together by continuing the development of the Mulhorandi conquest of Unther.

This new much stronger pantheon should be able to better resist the Faerunian pantheon and should now be able to properly contest for worshippers in Chessenta.

Rollcall of the Gods
Anhur: War, Battle, Conflict, Thunder, Rain, the Sky, Weather, Storms, Lightning
Bast: Hedonism, Sensual Fulfilment, Lust, Excess, Cats, Pleasure Seekers, Festhalls
Enlil: Unther, Law, Order
Geb: The Earth, Miners, Minerals, Mines
Gilgeam: Madness, Physical Prowess, Undeath
Hathor: Childbirth, Motherhood, Fertility, Children, Music, Dance, Poetry, Fate
Hoar: Revenge, Retribution, Poetic Justice
Horus-Re: The Sun, Rulership, Kings, Life, Mulhorand
Isis: Magic, Marriage, Rivers, Love, Good Magic
Marduk (Bahamut): Good Dragons, Metallic Dragons, Wisdom, Enlightened Justice
Nanna Sin: Protection from Evil, Defence, the Moon
Nephthys: Grief, Wealth, Trade, Commerce
Osiris: Harvest, Nature, Agriculture, Underworld, Death, the Dead, Justice
Sebek: Hazards, Crocodiles, Werecrocodiles, Wetlands
Set: Darkness, Evil, Desert Storms, Drought, Snakes, Murder, Destruction, Rot, Predators, Carrion, Betrayal, Evil Magic, Ambition, Poison
Thoth: Knowledge, Learning, Neutral Magic, Scribes, Science, Engineering, Secrets, Invention
Tiamat: Evil Dragons, Chromatic Dragons, Greed, Rebellion

Mask is an interloper god of Mulhorand.

Personally, I'd recommend Siamorphe as an import as well (but not following the Mulhorand-Unther war), possibly some of her worshippers joined up with the Mulhorandi on a divine mission to return Unther to proper noble rule or somesuch. She doesn't need a strong presence, just merely be a growing and accepted one.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Enlil coming back. Horus-Re fills his role as ruler of the gods, and nothing I read of Enlil shows him as a god of law/order (more rain/agriculture/sky) . Nanna-Sin I have less problems with.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000