Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lords of WaterDeep comic
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2014 :  15:30:48  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/11321-Lord-of-Waterdeep?utm_source=features&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

So how true is that of the board game?

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2014 :  16:38:17  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not very based solely on my experience. My first game was more like halfway between panel 2 & 3. In all fairness, my group of friends plays Shadows Over Camelot for fun when we have enough people, and reading that rulebook is kind of like breaking the Enigma machine, so by comparison, Lords was a cakewalk. A very fun cakewalk, but eh. My wife is more used to Settlers of Catan and Ticket To Ride and by game two she was hooked, and kicking my butt.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2014 :  18:39:47  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The game without the expansion isn't as cutthroat. But when you add the two expansions it's downright evil.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000