Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 a new purpose
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2014 :  09:42:57  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've just read the shadowbane e book but at the end there is a separate chapter called a new purpose.its not a excerpt for another novel.is this some kind of bonus content for people who buy e books.I hope so.I've been slow in embracing them but I just don't have the space for real books anymore.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2014 :  12:57:41  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been seriously considering switching over to ebboks myself but not yet not yet.
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2014 :  13:50:51  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only buy ebooks now, unless the ebook version is not available (for instance, 'Realms of the Elves'). Mostly amazon kindle, but some Apple ibooks too.

Its really handy - I can carry around dozens of books on my iPhone & iPad mini, there's a very convenient search function, and I don't need to worry about paperback wear & tear. Plus, its very convenient to buy - one-click & download to the cloud at amazon sure beats going to the bookshop, or ordering a paper copy online & waiting for delivery to Japan.....

I wonder - from the authors' point of view, which is more advantageous? Is there much difference in terms of royalty rates, sales volume?

Edited by - BenN on 25 Mar 2014 13:53:06
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2014 :  15:32:38  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't bothered with ebooks yet, but that's primarily because I prefer the look and feel of real books. Although I must admit, I am running out of space to store any books. (And everything else for that matter.)

Edited by - Drustan Dwnhaedan on 25 Mar 2014 15:33:44
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2014 :  09:53:07  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drustan Dwnhaedan

I haven't bothered with ebooks yet, but that's primarily because I prefer the look and feel of real books. Although I must admit, I am running out of space to store any books. (And everything else for that matter.)

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2014 :  09:56:37  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The kindle app is getting better all the time.but they should definitely being giving us extra incentive to buy e books.after all when I buy paperback I'm buying second hand which means no money for wotc and the authors.but now I've started buying ebooks they see the profits.

Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2014 :  09:59:47  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just bought spinner of lies.full marks to wotc and the author for including so much bonus content.really gives a lot more insight into airspur thus making the novel more enjoyable.

Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2014 :  21:37:31  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally I avoid ebooks whenever I can. I will grudgingly buy ebook onlys and did buy the Sundering novels as ebooks because they were supposed to be spoilering us the reshaping of the realms and I couldn't stand having avoid all those spoiler threads for month until they finally release the paperbacks (hardcovers are also no option for me).

But ebooks don't do it for me. At least not for FR novels. Sure, I can now carry them around all at once wherever I go. But that means diddly since I only read a given novel once. The time a novel serves it's second duty as decoration in my self actually far outstrips the time I spend actually reading it. 6 hours of reading vs and 16 years of gracing my collection. Ebooks can't ever do that.

Edited by - Mirtek on 10 Apr 2014 21:40:25
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2014 :  22:24:35  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ebooks are great to have on my iPad, but for some of my authors, (Ed, Salvatore to name two) I always buy hard cover. I've always been kind of weird about my books, never liked writing in them, bending pages to book-mark, and can't stand rain drops or dirt blowing into or on them. Makes me think I was a scribe of Oghma the Binder in another life. hehe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000