Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2004)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 67

Metis
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  04:08:35  Show Profile  Visit Metis's Homepage Send Metis a Private Message
Thank you for all the sources, but as you say... All of those mentioned only provide very little of what I ask. I hope Ed can provide more. And yes, I've just finished the Rage, now back to the War of the Spider Queen series.
Go to Top of Page

The Black Hand of Bane
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  13:03:29  Show Profile  Visit The Black Hand of Bane's Homepage Send The Black Hand of Bane a Private Message
How could anyone not want a book about Bane?!!!?

In anycase, thanks for the answer Ed and for passing it on Hooded One. It gives alot to think about and how to work on Shar more within my own campaign.

"Here we may reign secure; and in my choice
To reign is worth ambition, though in hell:
Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven." John Milton, Paradise Lost

What lies beyond
The Gates of Hell?
Find out this summer at [url=http://community.dicefreaks.com/]Dicefreaks[/url]
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  08:31:13  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
For once I Im not posting a question, I wanted to draw Eds attention to something one of the guys on the Realms list.

Hes asking about the order of battle for Cormyr ie the regiments etc that make up the Cormyrian army.

and I was wondering if Ed had anything to add

http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A1=ind0406b&L=realms-l

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  08:53:21  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message
The link for the above-mention post is at http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0406B&L=realms-l&P=R2275.

I'd prefer not to be too hard on the author, but I have to note right off the bat that there are some errors in the proposed order of battle. Leaving out that the Purple Dragons (thanks to Duke Bhereu) focus more on smaller unit tactics, the overarching structure is simply wrong. The business of dividing up the kingdom into distinct armies under four knights-marshal that was proposed long ago on the Realms-L isn't correct. The commander of the eastern armies is the Lord High Warden of the Eastern Marches, not "Guardian of the Eastern Reaches." There is no "Army of the Defender of the Western Heights;" there isn't even a Defender of the Western Heights. The western lands of Cormyr are guarded by the forces out of High Horn.

I know it's convenient to try and create a distinct and simple hierarchy for the Purple Dragons, but this tends to lead to the sort of assumptions about real world military tactics and structure that simply aren't the case for Cormyr. The Lord High Marshal of the Kingdom commands the army entire, the Lord High Warden of the Eastern Marches commands the armies of the east (housed in Arabel), and all other forces are commanded by their battlemasters, overswords, and lower officers, some of whom will operate far more independently than modern units could possibly allow.

If there were any other high-ranking officers (such as those suggested in this piece) we'd have heard about them in a supplement long before now.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  15:03:50  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
The matter of Cormyr’s armies, in the aftermath of DEATH OF THE DRAGON, is a topic I’ve discussed with Ed extensively, thanks to the Realms-list being quite active in the past with posters trying to flesh out the organization and strength of the Purple Dragons.
Wizards has Ed’s notes on this topic, so they’re NDA-covered, but his primary comment was that too many fans “do wrong” when detailing the armies of Cormyr by trying to bolt modern U.S. military command structures and organization onto a fantasy “medieval-to-Renaissance” –era army, in a kingdom where magic rules (the War Wizards) and the nobility dominates . . . and then somehow expecting it all to work.
An earlier poster here asked about the strength of the army right now, post DotD, and Ed’s reply follows:

Well, whatever you need it to be in your own campaign. (No, this reply isn’t a “cop-out.” :} ) There have been aggressive recruitment drives with good pay offers, efforts that are continuing, and remember that the War Wizards can screen out traitors joining the rank-and-file Purple Dragons.
As a result, I’d say that the equipped and ready-for-the-fray total military strength of the Purple Dragons right now would be somewhere around 12,000. However, cavalry would be far fewer than in the past, and many of the Blades are at present low level and having poor training and discipline. However, the combination of fewer idiot nobles as officers, veteran survivor Purple Dragons as many of their officer replacements, and War Wizard scrying vigilance should make the Purple Dragons BETTER disciplined in the long run than they’ve ever been before.
Moreover, Alusair’s early flings with many young nobles have forged a bunch of nobles who are friends with each other AND worship the ground she treads, so the nobles who do become officers (and eventually heads of noble houses, inside or outside her uniformed service) will be far more loyal to her and used to her command style and willing to trust in it (rather than seeking glory or thinking that they know better on the battlefield) will be far greater.

So saith Ed, who is gleefully writing about a certain humorously disastrous revel in Waterdeep right now. Perhaps I should put on my scantiest gown and go….
THO
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  15:09:13  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Reading Winterfox’s comments in another thread here reminded me of a rumor I read on the Net recently: that Ed writes OTHER novels for Wizards, under a pen-name. I don’t believe it myself, but have any other scribes heard this? Or know something about it?
(Wouldn’t it be a gas if Ed was writing other Realms novels and we were all judging them as better or worse than “his own”?)
So, Ed or Hooded One, care to comment? :}

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  15:13:46  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Happy Dancing Hobgoblins, man, when would he have the TIME?
THO
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  16:38:41  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

The matter of Cormyr’s armies, in the aftermath of DEATH OF THE DRAGON, is a topic I’ve discussed with Ed extensively, thanks to the Realms-list being quite active in the past with posters trying to flesh out the organization and strength of the Purple Dragons.
Wizards has Ed’s notes on this topic, so they’re NDA-covered, but his primary comment was that too many fans “do wrong” when detailing the armies of Cormyr by trying to bolt modern U.S. military command structures and organization onto a fantasy “medieval-to-Renaissance” –era army, in a kingdom where magic rules (the War Wizards) and the nobility dominates . . . and then somehow expecting it all to work.
An earlier poster here asked about the strength of the army right now, post DotD, and Ed’s reply follows:

Well, whatever you need it to be in your own campaign. (No, this reply isn’t a “cop-out.” :} ) There have been aggressive recruitment drives with good pay offers, efforts that are continuing, and remember that the War Wizards can screen out traitors joining the rank-and-file Purple Dragons.
As a result, I’d say that the equipped and ready-for-the-fray total military strength of the Purple Dragons right now would be somewhere around 12,000. However, cavalry would be far fewer than in the past, and many of the Blades are at present low level and having poor training and discipline. However, the combination of fewer idiot nobles as officers, veteran survivor Purple Dragons as many of their officer replacements, and War Wizard scrying vigilance should make the Purple Dragons BETTER disciplined in the long run than they’ve ever been before.
Moreover, Alusair’s early flings with many young nobles have forged a bunch of nobles who are friends with each other AND worship the ground she treads, so the nobles who do become officers (and eventually heads of noble houses, inside or outside her uniformed service) will be far more loyal to her and used to her command style and willing to trust in it (rather than seeking glory or thinking that they know better on the battlefield) will be far greater.

So saith Ed, who is gleefully writing about a certain humorously disastrous revel in Waterdeep right now. Perhaps I should put on my scantiest gown and go….
THO

Cormyr has always struck me as being very "English" so ive always pictured there armys as being like the English army ie Regiment with long historys (After all weve pretty much got the History of Cormyr thanks to Eds novel)

Going off what Ed Rod in the FR adventures guide

Cormyr had as of just after the Time of Troubles

2020 Purple Dragons in Arabel plus another 2000 Milita during wartime

3000 Purple Dragons in Marsember and 2200 "Marines" on 12 war ships

4500 Purple Dragons in Suzail plus 2500+ Marines based on 14 Warships

850 Purple Dragon Cavalry in Tilverton plus another 470 Militia

Giving it a total of 17450 this of cause doesnt include cities not mentioned in FRA and the garrisions of Strategic Fortress like High Horn

Hopefully Wizards will see fit to publish Eds work on the Cormyrian army soon

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  01:04:19  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Hi again Ed,

Why does it seem I have a lot of questions for you? :) Anyhow here is another one from a poster, named agill, from the WOTC boards.

Would it be common knowledge that Alustriel has children and use them as staff-members for her organization surrounding Silverymoon, let alone their person? I have planned it to let it be that members of the higher civil end would know of most her children, but is this really the case and would lower level people in the city (maybe even Everlund) know of her children?

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  02:38:12  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Ah, another one I can handle by myself.
Kuje31, Ed’s probably frantically typing away at his keyboard right now (something about Elaith and lots of puffing old nobles and a battle, he hinted when last we e-spoke), but from repeated demonstrations of this in the original Realms campaign I can say with great certainty that most folk in Everlund and Silverymoon know very well that this or that son of Alustriel is named thus-and-so, as customarily does such-and-such, and the current gossip races across the city whenever anyo of them gets embroiled in anything interesting.
What most people can’t keep straight is birth order, beyond “he’s one of the older ones” or “he’s one of her later ones, aye?” though courtiers and wizards and sages have no trouble in this regard at all. It doesn’t help that they tend to look alike, act alike, and are good friends with each other, of course.
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  03:12:31  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:

Ah, another one I can handle by myself.
Kuje31, Ed’s probably frantically typing away at his keyboard right now (something about Elaith and lots of puffing old nobles and a battle, he hinted when last we e-spoke), but from repeated demonstrations of this in the original Realms campaign I can say with great certainty that most folk in Everlund and Silverymoon know very well that this or that son of Alustriel is named thus-and-so, as customarily does such-and-such, and the current gossip races across the city whenever anyo of them gets embroiled in anything interesting.
What most people can’t keep straight is birth order, beyond “he’s one of the older ones” or “he’s one of her later ones, aye?” though courtiers and wizards and sages have no trouble in this regard at all. It doesn’t help that they tend to look alike, act alike, and are good friends with each other, of course.
THO

Thankee THO. :) Posted over there for the poster who was asking.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  03:56:16  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:

Kuje31, Ed’s probably frantically typing away at his keyboard right now (something about Elaith and lots of puffing old nobles and a battle, he hinted when last we e-spoke),

Is that with the nobles fighting on Elaith's side or fighting against Elaith's side in the battle?
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  06:56:11  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
Got another question for Ed

*hears the groan alll the way from Canada*

What can you tell us about Angus Materi and Mara Kalaliv (2 Zhentarim/Church of Bane leaders from page 96 of LoD)

Specficly what do both of them look like and whats are their background also is Angus a follower of Bane? (one would assume by his Lawful evil Alignment that he is)

Thanks in Advance

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  08:07:32  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
Ive just had an attack of nostalgia

I just opend along forgotten draw in my Closet which has a heap of old Ral Patha lead minis of prominant Realms personalites

Including

Elminster
Khelbhan Blackstaff
Dove
Storm
Manshoon
Mourngrym Amcathra
Vanderghast
Florin
King Azoun
Laeral
Sharel Rowanmantle
Szass Tam

This questions for the Hooded One

Did Ed use minis when he DM'd and if so did you use the old FR Ral Patha minis of your Characters?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  16:35:48  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Well met again, gentle scribes. Thy Hooded Lady with the briefest of replies from Ed, to SiriusBlack, asking but Elaith and the nobles: Neither. :}
To which I add: But keep fishing: ’tis fun.
As for minis: no, we’ve never used them in play, because they slow the roleplaying down so much and we’re all busy people who like to pack our sessions full of unfolding happenings. We do use map and marker-minis for large setpiece land battles (Zhent army attacks on Shadowdale, for example), and we once tried minis as a TSR playtest (drow caravan ambush, in cavern with lots of stalactites and stalagmites), but wow, what a time-wasting frustration! (For us, I hasten to add.)
Ta ta for now! (No, that DOESN’T mean I’m waving my ta-tas at you, Blueblade. Put that codpiece back on and settle down.
THO
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  16:54:23  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
Thanks to Sage of Stars for those thoughts. I confess I'm not sure what I was doing with that thread -- it started as just a reply that would have been off-topic on the thread it stemmed from. I was talking in a very intra-Realms context, but the reminder of the wider background (which I could have related only much more vaguely) was needed.

I think with my education and day job I can tell good writing without misplaced confidence or confusing it with personal fondness or taste. I don't have an inflated opinion of Ed's works; he's not my favourite author, I don't think the Realms is one of the three greatest secondary worlds (though I could make the case). Perhaps I was getting towards talking about the duality of Ed being on the one hand a mercenary author of 'novelizations' (for his Realms work) and on the other an author of original novels in a world that happens to be legally owned by others.

Edited by - Faraer on 18 Jun 2004 16:55:35
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2004 :  17:08:40  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:

Well met again, gentle scribes. Thy Hooded Lady with the briefest of replies from Ed, to SiriusBlack, asking but Elaith and the nobles: Neither. :}
To which I add: But keep fishing: ’tis fun.

Tease! Horrible teases both you and EG.

All I know is those puffing old nobles better not get one drop of sweat on Elaith's clothing. I can see blood being shed if that takes place.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2004 :  02:42:39  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Well, SiriusBlack, Ed tells me that readers of the novel will get to see all too much blood being shed, as usual, but wants you to know that Elaith is an important SUPPORTING character, not a main character. This book isn’t “Elaith Enjoys Evermeet” (though I’d give a LOT to read or watch such a product, ahem ), but rather . . . something else.

Whew. All this teasing is exhausting. It’d be easier if Ed would let me read the rough draft, but of course that can’t be.
Unless I stow away in Ed’s suitcase (hmm, THAT would give his wife a surprise, to be sure! ) and get driven down to Orlando (hmm: to say nothing of the astonishment the nice U.S. Customs men would exhibit, come to think of it ) so I could ah, persuade Peter Archer to LET me read the book (tongue in ear, sidle into lap, purr a little). No, that wouldn’t work either; he has a wife, too.

Magic, that’s what I need. Real magic, that works in this world of ours. Then I could keep Ed just writing and writing and writing . . . and we’d all get a new Realms novel out of him about every three months.

Hey, now that I COULD suggest to Wizards. Anyone care to add their voice to mine in such a noble endeavour?
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2004 :  03:21:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Whew. All this teasing is exhausting.

We know, but you seem to enjoy doing it to us, anyway.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2004 :  03:53:36  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:

Well, SiriusBlack, Ed tells me that readers of the novel will get to see all too much blood being shed, as usual, but wants you to know that Elaith is an important SUPPORTING character, not a main character.

Yes, a vital supporting character. I believe early on when Elaine Cunningham offered a few comments on the novel, I made the mistake of calling Elaith a minor character. All I can say is if it gets back to The Serpent, I will deny knowing anything about it or anyone named Elaine Cunningham.

quote:

This book isn’t “Elaith Enjoys Evermeet” (though I’d give a LOT to read or watch such a product, ahem ), but rather . . . something else.

Please let me know when Elaith Craulnober's Guide to Evermeet might be published. Now there is a tome I'd love to see.

quote:

Whew. All this teasing is exhausting. It’d be easier if Ed would let me read the rough draft, but of course that can’t be.

Not a good idea unless it's been proof read first. Okay, I'm busy myself, but I'll do it. Please pass along my email addy to EG and he can send the draft right this way.

quote:

Unless I stow away in Ed’s suitcase (hmm, THAT would give his wife a surprise, to be sure! ) and get driven down to Orlando (hmm: to say nothing of the astonishment the nice U.S. Customs men would exhibit, come to think of it ) so I could ah, persuade Peter Archer to LET me read the book (tongue in ear, sidle into lap, purr a little). No, that wouldn’t work either; he has a wife, too.

In a situation like this if seduction doesn't work, it's time for good old fashioned intimidation.
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2004 :  15:29:23  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Hey, all! Activity on the Fast Forward message boards at last: John Danovich has posted that Ed’s Castlemorn sourcebook has gone off to the printers, and if all goes well, should be in stores by July 19th, I think he said.
Yes! Yes! Yes! (See, Hooded Lady? Codpiece back on!)
Go to Top of Page

Gerath Hoan
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2004 :  17:40:21  Show Profile Send Gerath Hoan a Private Message
Well met my Lady Hooded One (and Ed),

I have a very quick and easy to answer question here... I've been looking at my maps of Arabel (and yes, i know i ask a lot of questions about this location, as it's most definitely my fave)... and the Old Grey Box places the citadel on the north wall... yet all other maps place this direction as west... so which is correct? Should Arabel be oriented with the Citadel in the north (with gates to the west, south and east) or should the Citadel be in the west (with gates to the north, east and south)?

Also, i take it that there's a road reaching around the city to behind the Citadel so as to join the major trade routes, as there are clearly four roads at each point of the compass that lead to and from Arabel but only three gates to enter and leave the city in the detailed maps.

Thanks in advance, and apologies for providing further distraction from the Waterdeep novel... i look forward to seeing it reach my local bookstore!

Knight of the Order of the Keen Eye - Granted by Ed Greenwood, 30th January 2005
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2004 :  04:05:52  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message
Gerath, on the topic of Arabel, rest assured that the Citadel lies on the northern wall. If it were on the eastern wall, places like Eastgate and Eastwatch Inn would be horribly misnamed, Volo--who's actually been there (we think)--would be incorrect in directing visitors to look to the north wall to see the Citadel and the Palace, and so forth.

There is no road passing around Arabel; that is the point. It's not called the Caravan City for nothing, after all. The gate eastward opens to the East Way (heading from Arabel eastward) and the Mountain Ride, which transforms into the Moonsea Ride toward Tilverton. These pretty much join outside the city to ease traffic (among the other, more historical reasons). The road west is the High Road (which goes to High Horn and beyond). These roads meet in the middle of the city with Calantar's Way. In order to circumvent the city, one has to go round the hard way. A normal caravan, however, needs to either pass through the city, or enter it in order to offload its goods for distribution to the rest of Cormyr. The city's job is to dominate overland trade, and it does so quite nicely.
Go to Top of Page

fourthmensch
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2004 :  19:34:12  Show Profile  Visit fourthmensch's Homepage Send fourthmensch a Private Message
Yet another question for He of the Green Wood, in what is quickly becoming a massive omnibus of a thread:

Can you tell me anything about the Realm of Wailing Fog? Its marked on the 2e map of Cormyr, near the eastern edge of the Hullack Forest. I have looked everywhere I can think of for some information--Cormyr, Volo's Guide,even Elminster's Ecologies (a brilliant work, by the way, one of my favorites from back in the day)--but I can't seem to find anything. I even went so far as to ask Kuje if he knew of anything about it--and if he's stumped, then its probably never seen print. Any tidbits you could pass along? Personalities, histories, perhaps a fully detailed adventure with maps? (). Even hints by yourself and the indefatiguable Lady Hooded would be welcome.

I want you to go home and ponder the meaning of the word subversive.

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2004 :  20:36:53  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Ah, well met again, fellow scribes. ’Tis truly a pleasure to share Candlekeep with such lords of Realmslore. Gerath Hoan, please consider every word of Garen Thal’s post in reply to you re. Arabel to be er, gospel, if I dare apply that word to matters Faerunian.
As for the Realm of Wailing Fog, fourthmensch, that’s a place Ed has remained mysterious about because we Knights have been on its verges and not gone in farther, and (heh heh) he’s lying in wait for us . . .
What I CAN tell you about it is this: desolate fens, everpresent mist, lots of crimson deaths and the occasional wizshade, eerie echoing calls, long-ruined towers, and a heavy feeling of WATCHFULNES hanging over everything. I’d not be surprised to encounter all sorts of the more unusual types of undead.
Makes me shiver, just remembering it. Must go and warm myself beside a man . . . or two.
THO
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2004 :  21:07:21  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
It first appeared on the map in Eric Haddock's Cormyr book, didn't it... are those locations from Ed's original maps/notes, or did Ed pick the Realm up from the book?

I hope Castlemorn gets the (low-budget, sweat-of-brow) publicity it deserves.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  03:07:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Must go and warm myself beside a man . . . or two.
THO

Can I volunteer for this?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  05:24:26  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Of course, Wooly. If you can fight your way past all these Knights in shining armor. I prefer soft wool to hard metal, after all.

THO
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  05:30:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:

Of course, Wooly. If you can fight your way past all these Knights in shining armor. I prefer soft wool to hard metal, after all.

THO

I'm not even going to approach commenting on that last sentence thereby showing I do have some restraint.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  06:02:51  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
quote:

I prefer soft wool to hard metal, after all.

THO

So the Hooded ones a New Zealander!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 67 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: