Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2004)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 67

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  15:16:22  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Just days now until ELMINSTER'S DAUGHTER, people! Have heard that Ed will be reading from it at the Merrill Collection library branch in Toronto. May 9th? Sometime around then, on an evening hosted by Bakka Books or by the Friends of the Merrill, anyone know more?
Named for Judy Merrill, the collection is sf and fantasy and really cool; been there when attending Worldcon.
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  15:23:56  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Found an e-mail that says the Merrill thing is Thurs May 20, probably starting at 7 pm, and there might be an admission charge (by the Friends, not Ed).
BTW, Alaundo, being as people are taking dibs on your body parts, I remember Ed signs body parts on his tours, as well as books. Once saw him solemnly sign around a gal's nipple at her request while her smiling parents watched!
Lucky dog.
Go to Top of Page

tauster
Senior Scribe

Germany
399 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  15:30:05  Show Profile  Visit tauster's Homepage Send tauster a Private Message
after (too soon) arriving at the end of this thread of most marvellous realmslore, i have another question for ed:

can you tell us more about the dwarven village glen in mistledale? volos guide to the dalelands reveals that someone there trades with dragon eggs. that got me thinking:
1) where are those eggs coming from?
2) other dwarves bring them to mistledale, volo tells us. but where on faerun are enough dragons to regularly raid their hoards for eggs? even if somewhere would be so many dragons concentrated in one place (*shudder*), i am sure that they would use their considerable ressources to kill those "egg-robbing mammals". slowly... now even if we assume that this mysterious dwarfen dragon-egg-trader uses one (or more) magic gates to reach far corners of faerun (or distant some of the planets of realmspace) or even other planes), he or she must be a really remarkable (= highlevel) being. stealing dragon-eggs for a living- wow! now that´s a rare occupation!

one more aspect of glen intrigues me: the low road. volo reveals that it connects with other dwarven communities and finally, with dwarves deep in the south and that it is under "constant attack from drow and other fell races". i can imagine that a quite large underground-keep must be neccessary to secure glen; and so far it must have been successful- for no drow came creeping out of the small hamlet into the dale... but (as usual) i digress. in short, what i really like to know about the low road is:
3) where does it start and end? is there something like a definite beginnung and end at all?
4) what communities does it connect?
5) how well-known is it? what powergroups above and below know and USE it?
6) what are possible safeguards against invasions/infiltrations for small hamlets like glen?
5) how much traffic and which goods do you imagine to be there?
8) what happens if two trader of antagonistic races (for example illithid & kuo toa) meet down there? is there something like a "peace of the roard" or do they attack each other? in that case, many races of the night below would be excluded from (openly) using the road.

whew… that´s all for now. ;o)
and finally, like so many other readers, i´d like to thank you both ed and THO for taking you time and answering our questions!

greetings,
tauster
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  21:12:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
I think the WotC moderators should link to us. After all, Mr. Greenwood chose this site to share his Realmslore because he thought we were doing such a good job sharing the setting. Now, if the people who actually pay Mr. Greenwood want him to do it, that's a different matter, but I think we've earned it more than they have.

It's up to Mr. Greenwood, of course. I just wanted to state my own opinion.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  22:33:26  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

I think the WotC moderators should link to us. After all, Mr. Greenwood chose this site to share his Realmslore because he thought we were doing such a good job sharing the setting. Now, if the people who actually pay Mr. Greenwood want him to do it, that's a different matter, but I think we've earned it more than they have.

It's up to Mr. Greenwood, of course. I just wanted to state my own opinion.

Very well put, Bookwyrm. I whole-heartedly agree Ed came and shared his lore with us, some of which he had never mentioned elsewhere, and we are honored by this. Lets not hand it them on a plate, they get enough official Realmslore over at WotC as it is.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  22:50:34  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Cripes,

Shame on you all. So since I went through 26 pages and put together my own file of Ed's answers from this site and WOTC want's to host said file I am not supposed to let them if Ed gives his permission to do so? Shame on you all! Are all of us here that arrogant and greedy that we would NOT share this information to others who might not come to these boards but go to the "official" FR boards.

Shame I say again that no one want's to spread FR lore to other sites! Yes I've had my arguements with WOTC but the WizO's politely asked if I could get Ed's permission to host my file on thier message boards. I am SHOCKED that the posters here do NOT want people on the WOTC FR boards to have access to this file. Yes they could link to Candlekeep but no one "owns" this lore except for Ed.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  23:00:56  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
Okay, you've obviously misunderstood, if not everyone else, then at least me.

I said I'd prefer that they link to the site here, not that they would have to abandon the WotC boards. I stated my reason for that as the fact that Mr. Greenwoo obviously likes this site better.

I did not say that I didn't want the Realmslore shared. Contrary to what Rad said, I don' think they get enough Realms information over there, what with all the Krunchiness that they fill the books with instead.

I also said -- just scroll up and look -- that it was Mr. Greenwood's choice, and I was only stating my opinion. If he wants it shared, I won't even be disapointed, because it's not that big a deal. I just wrote my view on what I see as them getting something that we earned by being a good Realms site.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  23:17:32  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
If it's going to be this trouble just forget it. Or Alaundo contact the WOTC mods, since they only ASKED me about it because they wanted it for thier FR FAQS that are on the FR boards. Have them link to your site if it's really going to be this much trouble.

Cripes I just asked because they wanted to spread FR lore around. I didn't believe every one here would have a fit about it.

Half of this lore has been posted over there alrdy by me or others from these boards. I didn't think it was going to be that much of a problem since Lashan and I have been posting most of Ed's answers over here, over on those boards.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 27 Apr 2004 23:20:21
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  23:26:07  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
Look, it's not really that much of a problem. I just spoke my mind. Let's hear what Mr. Greenwood has to say before we make any irreversible actions, okay?

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  00:34:16  Show Profile
Just something to keep in mind-if the mods end up posting a link to this topic on the WotC boards, do we want to run the risk that some of the worst of the WotC board users end up registering here and possibly spamming/flaming these boards? I'm sure you can imagine the consequences...
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  02:27:48  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message
Arivia, you Sun Elf you!!

[Goes into Moon Elf tree-hugging mode] "Don't you think, sun brother, that our young human brothers could benefit from our lore and wisdom? Perhaps by showing them the example, they would in time forget their careless ways and embrace the tall oaks over the coldness of stone walls...[shapeshift back into original Shield Dwarf form]

Ah damn it... let's not invite more spammers!

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  03:10:39  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Cripes,

Shame on you all. So since I went through 26 pages and put together my own file of Ed's answers from this site and WOTC want's to host said file I am not supposed to let them if Ed gives his permission to do so? Shame on you all! Are all of us here that arrogant and greedy that we would NOT share this information to others who might not come to these boards but go to the "official" FR boards.

Shame I say again that no one want's to spread FR lore to other sites! Yes I've had my arguements with WOTC but the WizO's politely asked if I could get Ed's permission to host my file on thier message boards. I am SHOCKED that the posters here do NOT want people on the WOTC FR boards to have access to this file. Yes they could link to Candlekeep but no one "owns" this lore except for Ed.

Ahem!

If you read my post I stated Practicality as the reason why it should be hosted at Candlekeep, it will be alot easier for the file to be updated here then at WOTC. Like I said "Ed Speaks" is a livng document and will require continual updating as Ed releases more infomation. The version at Candlekeep will likely be updated more frequently than a document held at WOTC.

You should also note that I didnt say dont give it to WOTC

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  03:48:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
Ahem!

If you read my post I stated Practicality as the reason why it should be hosted at Candlekeep, it will be alot easier for the file to be updated here then at WOTC. Like I said "Ed Speaks" is a livng document and will require continual updating as Ed releases more infomation. The version at Candlekeep will likely be updated more frequently than a document held at WOTC.

Then I wasn't talking about you. :) I was talking to those who said "Do not allow it, or do not give it to WOTC they don't deserve it." I've said some nasty things about WOTC and still do but is it fair to the other boards members over there when some one says "WOTC doesn't deserve it!" No its not fair to the people who game and DM in FR. It doesn't matter if the info here on Candlekeep is updated faster since not every one comes to Candlekeep, nor do they want to.

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  04:05:05  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

quote:
Ahem!

Then I wasn't talking about you. :) I was talking to those who said "Do not allow it, or do not give it to WOTC they don't deserve it." I've said some nasty things about WOTC and still do but is it fair to the other boards members over there when some one says "WOTC doesn't deserve it!" No its not fair to the people who game and DM in FR. It doesn't matter if the info here on Candlekeep is updated faster since not every one comes to Candlekeep, nor do they want to.

hmmm ok then

I suggest you ask WOTC wether there going to have the resources to update the document if its hosted on there site (It will probably need updating on a monthly basis. If they arent going to have the resources perhaps you should suggest that they link to Candlekeeps copy. If they dont do that then there will ineffect be a 2 versions of ed Speaks

a Reasonably up to date version on CandleKeep (Alaundo seems to update the site once a month and imagine he'd update the Ed Speaks Document at the same time)

and a WOTC version which is frequently out of date isnt updated very often.

There are a couple of other issues

Technical issues: Could Candlekeep Handle the traffic for being the sole server for Ed speaks ( I dont know what the specs for Alaundos server are or how much Bandwidth its got)

Legal: Copyright law WOTC likely have a document saying who owns material hosted on its website and where it can be hosted.

Ultimately these issues would have to be resolved by Alaundo, Ed and whoever responsiable for the WOTC site content (I think Mark Jindh is the webmaster for the site, but I dont know who youve been talking to)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  04:27:40  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
hmmm ok then

I suggest you ask WOTC wether there going to have the resources to update the document if its hosted on there site (It will probably need updating on a monthly basis. If they arent going to have the resources perhaps you should suggest that they link to Candlekeeps copy. If they dont do that then there will ineffect be a 2 versions of ed Speaks

a Reasonably up to date version on CandleKeep (Alaundo seems to update the site once a month and imagine he'd update the Ed Speaks Document at the same time)

and a WOTC version which is frequently out of date isnt updated very often.

Yes it will be updated daily actually at least on my end because its my file they asked to host that I created from the answers that Ed has given on this site. And as you know I am usually on all the time so at least on my end it will be updated. :)

I alrdy know of the site who is offering to host the file that WOTC would then link to. No I am not going to say what site until Ed gives his permission.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  07:44:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Just something to keep in mind-if the mods end up posting a link to this topic on the WotC boards, do we want to run the risk that some of the worst of the WotC board users end up registering here and possibly spamming/flaming these boards? I'm sure you can imagine the consequences...

You paint a dire picture, indeed!

While there were some on the WotC forums that I rather respected and would happily welcome to these halls, there are also others whom I should specifically not want to see amongst us.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  09:38:57  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well met

Hmmmm, 'twould appear that pennings of jest have been taken wrongly My response was not intended to offend thee, kuje31. Of course Realmslore is to be shared throughout and we here at Candlekeep make as much material available as possible for all to use as they see fit. Obviously if any material is taken from here and made available globally elsewhere then credit to the author is deserved and permission preferably requested.

We certainly ne'er meant to give the impression that we claim any rights to anything Ed has written here, it is Ed's material, not ours - he merely wished to share it with us all here. For whatever reason Ed chose to come to Candlekeep over WotC, matters not.

Obviously we would be glad to host the original material given by Ed if he continues to use this as his first place to provide us with sure lore. If Ed continues to update us with Realmslore as a first port of call, then we could ensure the collated document and online article is updated as and when new lore is given, on a more regular basis than scheduled site updates.

On a similar note as an example, as Candlekeep is the official host for the FR FAQ, we do not prevent any other sites from hosting the FAQ, but this is the first place it will be updated - it would make sense for other places to link to our FAQ rather than having numerous out-of-date FAQ's in various locations. The FAQ is listed on the footer of the REALMS-L mailing list to ensure the location of the latest version is clear.

As to the influx of possible "unwanted guests" - we have a low tolerance for any disruptions and always intend to nip any disruptions in the bud. Depending on the severity of the offense, new scribes will be warned once, then suspended and ultimately banned.

Oh, and worry not of the libraries ability to cope with a increase of lore or scribes, those dwarves can peddle that machinery pretty fast

I hope this has cleared a few concerns up.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 28 Apr 2004 09:41:27
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  10:22:53  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

We certainly ne'er meant to give the impression that we claim any rights to anything Ed has written here[...]

If it helps, I'd noticed from the outset that you'd said that WotC "would not take our Realmslore" over your dead body. Thus, you meant to be alive at the time, and thus that you would give it to them if necessary . . . .

(Did I ever meantion that my sire is a draconic lawyer? )

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  10:43:52  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message
Wow! Dont take things to heart, kuje! Apologies that I offended you, maybe I just felt overprotective and overwhelmed that Ed chose this site to speak to Realms fans and that if anyone else wanted to hear what he had to say, then they should come here, thats all.

Anyway, lets not clog Ed's thread with unpleasant posts.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Gareth Yaztromo
Acolyte

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  12:53:13  Show Profile  Visit Gareth Yaztromo's Homepage Send Gareth Yaztromo a Private Message
Ed, if a good script for one of your books was made would you ever consider a movie? :)

Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm sure it has.

"Gereth Yaztromo is arguably the most famous wizard of Allansia due to his part in a number of the most well known sagas of that region from the third century AC. He is also known as one of the three Star Pupils of the Grand Wizard of Yore.."
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  13:49:21  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello, all. Ed apologizes for his continuing silence: he's still up to eyebrows and then some in getting the Waterdeep novel "done" and in preparing for his signing tour (Elminster's Daughter: out very soon now, and his next Aglirta book from TOR, The Silent House, in mid-June).
He did, however, want me to pass on two things: chariots are known but uncommon in the Realms because they work best on dry, hard, flat roads, and mire very easily in mud. So within a Cali****e or Old Empires or more southerly city, yes, but elsewhere: not so often seen. Outside cities, most folks either walk, ride, or want to haul more weight than a chariot can, and so end up with some sort of cart or wagon.
Regarding kuje31 and the request to host Ed's ramblings: he feels it would be best to share Realmslore as widely as possible, so by all means share it. He intends to continue posting here, through me, and doesn't want anyone to be upset, legally or otherwise. In his words, "By all means hand it to the WizO's . . . or ask them to link to it, if you prefer. I just want Realms fans to have continued access to Realmslore, however we can do that."
Fare thee well for now,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  13:59:10  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello, everyone. This is by way of being Ed's reply to kuje31 re. germs, diseases, and hygiene:

Most civilized people in the Realms know that disease transferral works "sorta like this for shaking fever, like that for blacktongue," and so on. They disagree on treatments (aside from rest, care, bathing and purgatives, careful feeding of observed specifics), except for remembering what worked for them and their friends. The reasons for these diagreements are the various churches, most of whom are doing their level best to keep influence and control (and a continuing flow of coins for healings) by spreading misinformation (at the lower ranks, usually unwittingly) as to exactly how this or that disease is best treated--and these (as with real-world doctors) turn into heated professional disagreements. "Bad hygiene" for the Realms means wash hair every four days or so and before special occasions, bathe "smelly areas" every night if possible, scented oil plus sand-scrub when bathing impossible...not reeking, filthy bodies, okay?

Thus saith Ed. Your Hooded Lady must go now...
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  15:57:05  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
Here's my compiled, probably incomplete list of disease, illness, and sickness in the Realms:

fevers; blacklung fever, blacktongue fever, marsh fever, shaking fever
diseases; darkrot, typhus (early reference, different name probably used)
wasting diseases (one =leprosy)
rotting diseases
blood diseases
plagues; featherlung, Spotted Plague, the Shaking Plague (Scardale)
cankers
mental illnesses: paranoia, pyromania, delusions
magical diseases: lycanthropy, mummy rot (flesh rot), green rot/scaly death (Talona)

heartstop
winterchill fever
Go to Top of Page

BobROE
Learned Scribe

Canada
106 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  22:30:56  Show Profile  Visit BobROE's Homepage Send BobROE a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hello, all. Ed apologizes for his continuing silence: he's still up to eyebrows and then some in getting the Waterdeep novel "done" and in preparing for his signing tour (Elminster's Daughter: out very soon now, and his next Aglirta book from TOR, The Silent House, in mid-June).

Does Ed know where he'll be touring? Or where we'll be able to find out?
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  00:44:31  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does Ed know where he'll be touring? Or where we'll be able to find out?

BobRo, I think Ed mentioned that his book signing would be sometime in May in Cobourg for Elminster's Daughter, I think at Wendy's Book Shop (where it was hinted that there might also be finger food served for the occasion), and that there was another signing in Peterborough, not too long after the one in Couburg.

That's is Cobourg, Ontario, Canada for those of you that don't know, and Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.

I think that THO could will ask ED and let us know I am sure when it is confirmed for May for those two areas.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  02:08:32  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Ah, yes…I was Elminster’s Stunt Double….

Gareth, Ed has been asked at least twice to write scripts for a Realms movie (on spec, in his free time). Being as he has to hack out “free time” with a pickaxe, no script has happened yet. Me, I just want to see HIM play Elminster on the silver screen…as long as I get to be Storm (giggles, thrusts out hip, bats eyelashes and probably something else). Of course, if they insist on restricting us non-pros to tiny supporting roles, I suppose I could be a passing priestess of Loviatar.

I’ll try to get Ed’s latest tour schedule update, but I can confirm that this coming weekend, the first Saturday and Sunday in May, he’ll be a special guest at the Great Canadian Baycon (a gaming convention held at the Hamilton Convention Centre in Hamilton, Ontario). The con has an admission charge, there’s a website you should be able to find with a simple Google search, and Ed will be appearing 11-3 on Sat and 11-2 on Sunday (insider tip: Ed has to drive over a 150 miles through TERRIBLE commuter traffic to reach this place, so he may be a LITTLE late, each day).
THO
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  03:08:23  Show Profile
quote:
I’ll try to get Ed’s latest tour schedule update, but I can confirm that this coming weekend, the first Saturday and Sunday in May, he’ll be a special guest at the Great Canadian Baycon (a gaming convention held at the Hamilton Convention Centre in Hamilton, Ontario). The con has an admission charge, there’s a website you should be able to find with a simple Google search, and Ed will be appearing 11-3 on Sat and 11-2 on Sunday (insider tip: Ed has to drive over a 150 miles through TERRIBLE commuter traffic to reach this place, so he may be a LITTLE late, each day).
THO

Why didn't someone tell me this earlier?!! I would have taken the bus for the three km to get there, but now I have other commitments... Oh, and tell Ed to bring a gas mask or such-the air is only getting worse.(He should get what I'm talking about.)
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  05:11:01  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message
quote:

Gareth, Ed has been asked at least twice to write scripts for a Realms movie (on spec, in his free time). Being as he has to hack out “free time” with a pickaxe, no script has happened yet. Me, I just want to see HIM play Elminster on the silver screen…as long as I get to be Storm (giggles, thrusts out hip, bats eyelashes and probably something else). Of course, if they insist on restricting us non-pros to tiny supporting roles, I suppose I could be a passing priestess of Loviatar.
Hmm... I like both roles you are entertaining for a potential Elminster movie! Any pictures portfolio you want to share with your friendly Purple Screening Manager?
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  05:46:50  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Oh, and tell Ed to bring a gas mask or such-the air is only getting worse.(He should get what I'm talking about.)

Try Washington, DC. It's one of the worst cities in the world. Crime, pollution, coverups, murder, vandalism . . . and when you come off of Capitol Hill it's even worse!

Seriously, the air her is so thick in the summer you feel like you could walk on it.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  06:03:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Obviously then, you've never been to Australia. The air is so thick here, I could almost walk to the tip of India, from the coast of Western Australia...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 67 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000