Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Telmene?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2014 :  18:20:52  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The list of temples, here on Candlekeep (http://candlekeep.com/library/articles/temples.htm) lists the Wavelord's House in Telmene.

Where is Telmene?

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2014 :  18:37:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think there's a Tulmene somewhere - Telmene doesn't ring a bell.

EDIT: Although it was a VERY interesting read, I couldn't find any info about Telmene or even The Wavelord's House under the Valkur entry in P&P.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 15 Mar 2014 18:46:57
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2014 :  18:44:53  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bingo. I remembered Tulmon but that seemed like too weird of a typo.

The FR atlas places Tulmere on the peninsula southeast of Velen. Mystery solved. Thanks Markus of the Maps.

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 15 Mar 2014 18:45:30
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2014 :  18:50:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You mean Tulmene - thats how it is spelled in the atlas.

In Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate II, under the Tulmene entry on pg.83 , it has this to say -
quote:
A former temple to Umberlee is now the Wavelord's House, consecrated to Valkur and gaining local popularity; look for a carved and painted dolphin over its front door.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 15 Mar 2014 18:58:19
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2014 :  19:01:16  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm. In the paper atlas? My copy distinctly says Tulmere, both in the index and on the map.

But now that I look around, it's Tulmene in both Lands of Intrigue and Empires of the Sands. So I guess we go with Tulmene.

Also: thank you for the reference! Sadly the temples list does not include sources.

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 15 Mar 2014 19:02:46
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2014 :  19:02:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No - I am looking at the Interactive atlas. Its also spelled that way on two other maps. I've typed those damn locale names so many times that I remember them all... juts maybe not exactly where they all are.

Edited by - Markustay on 15 Mar 2014 19:03:05
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000