Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Murray Leeder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5571 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2004 :  19:16:38  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This being a collective scroll of any questions the Scribes and visitors of Candlekeep wish to put to a new author of the Realms, namely - Murray Leeder, author of the upcoming novel for the new Fighters Series - Son of Thunder.

Present your questions herein and check back to see what news may also come forth from the quill of this author.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct


An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2004 :  19:25:26  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

This being a collective scroll of any questions the Scribes and visitors of Candlekeep wish to put to a new author of the Realms, namely - Murray Leeder, author of the upcoming novel for the new Fighters Series - Son of Thunder.

Present your questions herein and check back to see what news may also come forth from the quill of this author.



Yes, please do. I'll let you know now that I'm currently out in England taking a respite from my home in Canada for six motnhs or so, and I may not be able to check allt he time.
Go to Top of Page

Demonwise
Seeker

29 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2004 :  20:27:35  Show Profile  Visit Demonwise's Homepage Send Demonwise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fighter series? That slipped past me.. Quess im not too up to date. Could you tell me what it is about, and when it is due? I know I could ask any person other than myself because I seem to be the only one not knowing, but who better to answer these questions than the man himself?
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2004 :  22:18:41  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Demonwise

The fighter series? That slipped past me.. Quess im not too up to date. Could you tell me what it is about, and when it is due? I know I could ask any person other than myself because I seem to be the only one not knowing, but who better to answer these questions than the man himself?



The Fighters series won't be out for quite a while, and my book, Son of Thunder, won't be out till January 2006... yes, 2006. I haven't written all that much yet. It focuses ont he Uthgardt, especially the Thunderbeast tribe about whom I wrote in the short story "The Fallen Lands" in Realms of Shadow.

Some of you may be interested to know that I'm working on a tie-in story for Dragon. There's no guarantee it will be published but they seemed pretty positive when I made the pitch. It features Uther Gardolfsson -- Uthgar before he became a god.
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2004 :  16:15:07  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello. I just wanted to say that I am around for anyone who wants to ask questions. I'm living in Bournemouth in the U.K. with my sister and her family right now, and I'm slowly progressing with Son of Thunder. I've been slowed down by an eye problem of some sort -- I need to see a specialist about it fairly soon, as neither a GP nor an optician has found anything actually wrong.

In addition, I submitted my short story for Realms of the Dragons, entitled "The Strength of the Jester," almost two months ago now, well before the deadline because I wanted it out of the way before I left Canada. I was quite pleased with how that story turned out and I certainly hope the editor is the same. I decided I wanted to write a story that definitely ties in with Richard Lee Byers' trilogy (I like reading tales like that, after all) so that's what this is. I don't know how many others will tie in so directly.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2004 :  17:26:45  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage  Click to see Lord Rad's MSN Messenger address Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder

Hello. I just wanted to say that I am around for anyone who wants to ask questions. I'm living in Bournemouth in the U.K. with my sister and her family right now, and I'm slowly progressing with Son of Thunder. I've been slowed down by an eye problem of some sort -- I need to see a specialist about it fairly soon, as neither a GP nor an optician has found anything actually wrong.

In addition, I submitted my short story for Realms of the Dragons, entitled "The Strength of the Jester," almost two months ago now, well before the deadline because I wanted it out of the way before I left Canada. I was quite pleased with how that story turned out and I certainly hope the editor is the same. I decided I wanted to write a story that definitely ties in with Richard Lee Byers' trilogy (I like reading tales like that, after all) so that's what this is. I don't know how many others will tie in so directly.



Ahhh, good ol' Bournemouth
Looking forward to your novel, ive always wanted more for the barbarians of The North. Its a long way off yet though, im sure more questions will come in when the novel is released.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2004 :  12:27:58  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since Kameron announced the Realms of the Dragons 2 anthology on his board, I might as well acknowledge that my story will end up there too. This is a good thing; true, I won't have the distinction of being in the same anthology as Ed Greenwood, Elaine Cunningham and whomever else is in this one, but I did all that before. But it will be close to the release date of my novel.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2004 :  13:54:29  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage  Click to see Lord Rad's MSN Messenger address Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think its a great idea. Two Realms-shattering-event-related anthologies - one for the established FR authors and one for the new FR authors. What better way to get your name known and show everyone what you can do!

Im looking forward to reading the second volume probably more than I am with the first volume, there should be plenty of individual flavors.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 23 Mar 2004 13:55:24
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2004 :  16:35:21  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if you'd be contributing as well, Murray. I like the idea of having the anthology coming out shortly after Maiden, too.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  00:20:41  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage  Send Valondil the Ranger a Yahoo! Message Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Leeder, will there be a series for each class since there's already one for fighters, rogues, and there's going to be one for wizards? Also, do you think WotC will be making any more open-calls for the Fighters Series?

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Check out my webpage at http://iankappos.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  18:41:46  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valondil the Ranger

Mr. Leeder, will there be a series for each class since there's already one for fighters, rogues, and there's going to be one for wizards? Also, do you think WotC will be making any more open-calls for the Fighters Series?

Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  18:45:27  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder

quote:
Originally posted by Valondil the Ranger

Mr. Leeder, will there be a series for each class since there's already one for fighters, rogues, and there's going to be one for wizards? Also, do you think WotC will be making any more open-calls for the Fighters Series?





As far as I know, the Fighters series will be four strong, just like the Rogues and Priests, and that there will be four of the Wizards too. Those, again as far as I know, will be the only classes covered. But note that some of them include classes which are vaguely subcategories of them, like barbarians in my case and bards in Don Bassingthwaite's.
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  13:59:17  Show Profile  Visit Sarelle's Homepage  Click to see Sarelle's MSN Messenger address Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder

Hello. I just wanted to say that I am around for anyone who wants to ask questions. I'm living in Bournemouth in the U.K.



Ahhh, good ol' Bournemouth



My step-second-cousins-once-removed (that isn't a joke! Really! It's a long story) live in Bournemouth! We went to see them two weeks ago after my great-uncle died.

Don't know why I'm sharing - but there you go!

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  15:20:39  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm having an enjoyable time here in Bournemouth, though I definitely picked the wrong year not to be in Calgary. I mean, the Flames have made the finals! And are one win from winning! This is beyond huge -- it's the first time in ages they've even made the playoffs. Any Flames fans out there? Fortunately the games show on UK TV, but to watch them live I have to get up in the middle of the night. I've been going to work the next day on only four or five hours sleep. But no more! Momentum and statistics are on the Flames side. I'd wager it will all be settled tonight.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  15:27:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder
But no more! Momentum and statistics are on the Flames side. I'd wager it will all be settled tonight.




Good luck to the Flames then. Although sleep may not be on the horizon for you after their victory. From what I've seen Calgary fans really know how to celebrate.
Go to Top of Page

Erin Tettensor
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2004 :  02:54:43  Show Profile  Visit Erin Tettensor's Homepage Send Erin Tettensor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder
But no more! Momentum and statistics are on the Flames side. I'd wager it will all be settled tonight.



To quote the immortal Habs: ON VA GAGNER! ON VA GAGNER!

It's 3:51 am Switzerland time, and I'm listening to the radio on my computer. How sad is that, Murray?

And yes, SiriusBlack, I can assure you we Calgarians know just how to celebrate...

Edited by - Erin Tettensor on 06 Jun 2004 03:51:38
Go to Top of Page

Erin Tettensor
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  11:46:32  Show Profile  Visit Erin Tettensor's Homepage Send Erin Tettensor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Booo...
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2004 :  07:55:59  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zyx

Booo...



Yeah, but there are plenty of positives. Short years ago the Flames were worst in the league for a few seasons -- there was talk of moving them away somewhere. Now they're a force to be reckoned with. It was a nice run while it lasted; the Flames have set a record as the only team ever to beat thre 100-point teams to reach the finals and have a new souevnir to hang from the dome roof. Good job, boys.
Go to Top of Page

Erin Tettensor
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2004 :  10:50:23  Show Profile  Visit Erin Tettensor's Homepage Send Erin Tettensor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder
Yeah, but there are plenty of positives. Short years ago the Flames were worst in the league for a few seasons -- there was talk of moving them away somewhere. Now they're a force to be reckoned with. It was a nice run while it lasted; the Flames have set a record as the only team ever to beat thre 100-point teams to reach the finals and have a new souevnir to hang from the dome roof. Good job, boys.



Quite. And while next year may be a whole new deck of cards (if in fact there is a next year), the Flames are incredibly good at playing what they're dealt. I feel bad for them that they simply ran out of gas, but what do you expect when you play as many games as they did? And as Brad Richards said, it's tough to talk about "best" when it all comes down to one goal. That series will be remembered as one of the best ever.
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2004 :  22:41:08  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The new issue of Dragon has an ad for the anthology Cloaked in Shadow: Dark Tales of the Elves (http://anthologies.fantasistent.com/), which has stories by Elaine and myself. That's the first time my name's ever appeared in Dragon. I for one can't wait to read it -- good dark fantasy stuff, and it should provide a nice alternative to the prevailing image of elves as tree-hugging do-gooders.

This anthology also marks the first time I've ever been illustrated. Click on that "art" link and you'll see mine, the image of the two elves, one pristine and one horribly wretched, struggling with each other. That's from my story, "Rotten Blood." Great picture!
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  08:23:49  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage  Send Valondil the Ranger a Yahoo! Message Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Mr. Leeder. I'm currently reading Realms of Shadow and I was flipping through when I saw that your story was written in first person. No offense, but I haven't always really thought that first person really fit in the fantasy genre. But, hey, I might enjoy it. Anyway, I was wondering that in the future are you planning on writing all your stories/novels in first person? Only curious.

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Check out my webpage at http://iankappos.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  09:18:13  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage  Send Valondil the Ranger a Yahoo! Message Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh wait, sorry. I asked that question already. I clicked post reply in this thread but I guess I accidentally pressed create topic or something. Anyway, sorry.

But anyway, while I'm at it, I was wondering if you were going to use the name Murray J.D. Leeder as your author name for your future stories?

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Check out my webpage at http://iankappos.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  15:25:06  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valondil the Ranger

Oh wait, sorry. I asked that question already. I clicked post reply in this thread but I guess I accidentally pressed create topic or something. Anyway, sorry.

But anyway, while I'm at it, I was wondering if you were going to use the name Murray J.D. Leeder as your author name for your future stories?



Hmm, good question. I don't know. I'm not especially inclined to. I can't imagine there are a lot of Murray Leeders out there for me to be confused with.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2004 :  22:59:58  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage  Click to see Lord Rad's MSN Messenger address Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder

The new issue of Dragon has an ad for the anthology Cloaked in Shadow: Dark Tales of the Elves (http://anthologies.fantasistent.com/), which has stories by Elaine and myself. That's the first time my name's ever appeared in Dragon. I for one can't wait to read it -- good dark fantasy stuff, and it should provide a nice alternative to the prevailing image of elves as tree-hugging do-gooders.

This anthology also marks the first time I've ever been illustrated. Click on that "art" link and you'll see mine, the image of the two elves, one pristine and one horribly wretched, struggling with each other. That's from my story, "Rotten Blood." Great picture!



Hi Murray

I have become more and more intrigued by this anthology and finally decided to purchase it, however, upon going to amazon.co.uk, although the book says released in Sept 2004, amazon say that it is not in stock and to request trying to get it "used". Do you know why this would be? Is it limited to a U.S. market?

I think you need to get together with the other authors of the anthology and have words

Thanks

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2004 :  02:35:23  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've not yet received my author's copy yet. It's probably still delayed a bit -- apparently there were some problems at the printer. Whether or not amazon will carry it I don't know, but you could always purchase it directly from www.fantasistet.com

Edited by - Alaundo on 26 Oct 2004 08:56:37
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  04:37:42  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I note that Cloaked in Shadow is now on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk. It's a terrific read so far (I just got my copy in the mail on Friday)... I particularly like Elaine's, no surprise. It's also the first time I've ever really been illustrated.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000