Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Post Sundering novels..
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shorac
Acolyte

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2014 :  22:56:47  Show Profile Send shorac a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok so as far as the novel line up for the foreseeable future of the realms goes do all 6 novels begin trilogies for the main characters in the books ? I know drizzt is a trilogy thus far and faridah's second book will release later this year . I assume that godborn will continue on and im certain elminster will but what of the others? Does anyone know if they will do novels outside the main 6 storylines they have set up in the sundering?

.......<creator>....

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2014 :  12:46:02  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shorac

Ok so as far as the novel line up for the foreseeable future of the realms goes do all 6 novels begin trilogies for the main characters in the books ? I know drizzt is a trilogy thus far and faridah's second book will release later this year . I assume that godborn will continue on and im certain elminster will but what of the others? Does anyone know if they will do novels outside the main 6 storylines they have set up in the sundering?

At this point, for my part, there are no additional FR novels currently on tap. I go into some detail here (both in the original post and later in the comments). https://www.facebook.com/paulskemp/posts/10152596807420830?stream_ref=10
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2014 :  14:56:35  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a pity. Three or four books every year is too few as far as I am concerned.
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2014 :  16:37:07  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really sad to read the news about the issues with you realeasing new books in the FR setting, but I can understand your point.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

shorac
Acolyte

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2014 :  18:18:19  Show Profile Send shorac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they do not continue cale's story that would be a tragedy ... sometimes i wonder what WotC is thinking too bad everything is about a buck... I understand that book sales arent their main focus but they risk alienating alot of their fan base by just dumping stories we have followed and grown to love ....

.......<creator>....
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2014 :  02:56:13  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unreal lame that there most likely won't be a Godborn sequel. Waited four years to get that story finally published and now the series is in hiatus again.

I faithfully purchased every FR novel from the onset of the book line until about two years ago...now I pick and choose which ones I buy or even read. The people suffering the most are the fans and ultimately if the fans stop being fans, it doesn't matter what percent royalties are being handed out on a revenue of zero.

Just sort it out already WotC. And while you are at it, figure out how Elaine Cunningham can finally write another Arilyn book. And why on earth is there not another Brotherhood of the Griffon book already in the mix...or three.
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2014 :  04:47:56  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure WOTC is doing the best they can, but they have to figure out a better marketing strategy. Their lineup is writers is excellent, and they all have a variety of styles. If WOTC can get them prime time exposure, I have no doubt that fantasy fans will fall in love with their novels.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2014 :  08:08:03  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp

quote:

At this point, for my part, there are no additional FR novels currently on tap. I go into some detail here (both in the original post and later in the comments). https://www.facebook.com/paulskemp/posts/10152596807420830?stream_ref=10
That's just sad. Though perhaps not necessarily. Maybe Wizards is just testing the waters first. I gather the full extent of the Sundering will be "felt" in Ed's The Herald. So I think, depending on how exactly the public responds to it, Wizards will tap authors (including you, I'm sure ) to write more post-Sundering novels.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2014 :  05:23:33  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Realms wouldn't be the same without you. I hope you gt things straightened out to your satisfaction.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2014 :  18:32:17  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where would the best place to rally reader/fan support behind Paul Kemp and WotC sorting this disagreement out be?

Hell, lets start a kick-starter fundraiser to help subsidize the royalties....that's how badly I want to read more about Cale and Riven.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2014 :  18:54:42  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

Where would the best place to rally reader/fan support behind Paul Kemp and WotC sorting this disagreement out be?

You know, I honestly don't know. Customer service, perhaps.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2014 :  03:21:05  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Speaking of The Sundering, congrats to Erin M. Evans, whose Sundering novel THE ADVERSARY is on the latest Locus bestseller list!

http://www.locusmag.com/Magazine/2014/03/locus-bestsellers-march-2/

Edited by - Richard Lee Byers on 17 Mar 2014 03:22:51
Go to Top of Page

Madpig
Learned Scribe

Finland
148 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2014 :  10:05:48  Show Profile Send Madpig a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hell, lets start a kick-starter fundraiser to help subsidize the royalties....that's how badly I want to read more about Cale and Riven.

I have strong feeling that you ain't the only one...
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2014 :  18:03:07  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp

quote:

You know, I honestly don't know. Customer service, perhaps.

Customer service. They forward emails about specific products (assuming they aren't abusive) to the department in question. Or at least, they used to.

Best,
She Who Got All the Emails About Typos People Found In Printed Books. :)

P.S. Thanks Richard!

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

shorac
Acolyte

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2014 :  23:10:48  Show Profile Send shorac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Speaking of The Sundering, congrats to Erin M. Evans, whose Sundering novel THE ADVERSARY is on the latest Locus bestseller list!
. Awesome Erin deserves it she is amazing writer and I can't wait to see were she takes us in the future. The authors they chose for the core sundering novels are all extremely gifted writers , my hope is that each of them get a trilogy from the core novels. I do hope we see other writers coming back into the mix , if only we could get a book a month out of wotc. .

.......<creator>....
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  19:03:55  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

. Awesome Erin deserves it she is amazing writer and I can't wait to see were she takes us in the future. The authors they chose for the core sundering novels are all extremely gifted writers , my hope is that each of them get a trilogy from the core novels. I do hope we see other writers coming back into the mix , if only we could get a book a month out of wotc. .

Thank you.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Crystyn
Seeker

58 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2014 :  22:32:18  Show Profile Send Crystyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

She really is, for a long while I only read the Forgotten Realms titles from my favourite authors or characters not bothering reading anything else but the Sundering got me interested and so I bought the 2 Brimstone Angel books.

I was so captivated by them I bought The Adversary but couldn't wait for it to be delivered, bought the kindle version as well and finished it before the Hardcover even arrived.

Finally completed my Drizzt collection
Go to Top of Page

Captain black
Acolyte

13 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2014 :  15:25:46  Show Profile  Visit Captain black's Homepage Send Captain black a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So right now how many upcoming books are confirmed? Is it only 5, including The Sentinel releasing this week?
Go to Top of Page

charger_ss24
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2014 :  15:43:07  Show Profile Send charger_ss24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain black

So right now how many upcoming books are confirmed? Is it only 5, including The Sentinel releasing this week?

Talking about The Sundering series? It wraps up with Ed Greenwood's The Herald in June I believe.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2014 :  05:14:37  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope we see more books after the Sundering. I know Bob has some in the works, and Erin has at least one, but there are series that have been left in the dust, and after the Sundering is over...where does that leave us?

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

buubuu
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2015 :  06:49:50  Show Profile Send buubuu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I apologize if there's a topic out there already or not. I did a quick search and came across this thread.

To date, what are the post Sundering novels that are available to us? I just finished Vengence of the Iron Dwarf and Fire in the Blood. Both have left me hungry for more. Please tell me there's more post Sundering books.

Thanks for any help! Erin if you see this post I loved the last book! I finished it within a week!

Ego autem glacies cremor est draco.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2015 :  11:08:27  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AFAIK, the events described in those two novels are still set during the Sundering, though.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

buubuu
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2015 :  15:21:31  Show Profile Send buubuu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, darn, apologies. I should have been more clear. I meant, are there any books after the six part book series The Sundering.

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2015 :  15:28:22  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, no need to apologize at all. I was just pointing out the current lack of post-Sundering material (excluding the adventures, but those don't elaborate on the aftermath of the Sundering).

Go to Top of Page

buubuu
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2015 :  20:37:57  Show Profile Send buubuu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn so I'm all caught up... Thanks for responding.

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2015 :  21:23:16  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed's novel ''Spellstorm'' is coming out in June. I'm afraid that you'll have to wait till then...

Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2015 :  17:00:00  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by buubuu

I apologize if there's a topic out there already or not. I did a quick search and came across this thread.

To date, what are the post Sundering novels that are available to us? I just finished Vengence of the Iron Dwarf and Fire in the Blood. Both have left me hungry for more. Please tell me there's more post Sundering books.

Thanks for any help! Erin if you see this post I loved the last book! I finished it within a week!

Thank you very much!

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000