Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Order of Aster
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Whammers
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  05:42:16  Show Profile Send Whammers a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm making a Paladin for a 5E play test. I know that Amaunator has taken over Lathander, but there is still a sect, the Morninglords, who worship him. I plan on being a member of that sect, because Lathander fits my character concept much better than Amaunator, but I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the Order of Aster after Amaunator revealed himself?

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  10:22:15  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To my knowledge, nothing has been mentioned of the Order of the Aster in 4th edition lore.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  12:12:07  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are a little behind on the news Whammers. Lathander actually just took over for Amaunator. You can find out more details in Richard Lee Byers recent release The Reaver. I would guess that in 5e FR campaign setting both Lathander and Amaunator will still have followers, but the power behind the scenes is Lathander again.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Whammers
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  15:42:58  Show Profile Send Whammers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ohh, awesome. Lathander is much more relatable as a sun deity than Amaunator, at least in my opinion. Plus his Dogma is almost exactly the Oath choice my paladin took.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  23:55:23  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chuckle at Lathander being described as “much more reliable as a sun deity“ ... I mean, did the sun ever fail to rise at dawn while Amaunator was in charge?

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 06 Mar 2014 23:57:14
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000