Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Magic Dagger
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2014 :  02:59:15  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Looking for a magical dagger fit for an epic-level thief. Homebrew welcome. What have you got?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2014 :  04:48:20  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What edition?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2014 :  05:37:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For some reason, when I refreshed the Candlekeep page, I misread the title of this scroll as "Mick Dagger."

However, I am highly amused by this, and the rogue Mick Dagger will join Bahb the Fighter and Malevil the Bad Guy as my generic sample NPCs.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2014 :  05:39:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

What edition?

In additional, it might help to know more about the thief in question. A thief who digs the backstab and eschews picking pockets will want a different dagger than the more militant thief who likes to be sneaky. And so on.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2014 :  08:32:01  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed. Assassinating weapon property (3.5) are pretty awesome but not worth it if Sneak Attacking isn't your thing.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11724 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2014 :  20:58:36  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Homebrew

Dagger of one-shot killing- alchemical silver intelligent dagger +5 sure-striking, ghost touch that automatically casts true strike on its wielder whenever he attempts to stab an opponent. The person hit by said dagger has his soul destroyed (no save). If the victim attacked has no soul, the wielder of the weapon is then affected. The weapon also has a lot of other abilities, and its Ego is 40. Oh, and its got a special purpose to slay constructs and undead and its alignment is lawful good :-)

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2014 :  21:48:11  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A theif with a lawful good dagger ? *blink*

Well there is Epic and Epic, how much power desire and not wanting an artifact?

I had a few thoughts, Spell storing, levitation, enhanced move in shadows or move silent, vopal or sharpness, speed enhancement, AC enhancement being only some of the things that might make a mere dagger Epic. There clearly are others like plane travel and so on.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11724 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2014 :  01:27:31  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, its lawful good so the person doesn't go around and kill good people, and its special purpose to slay constructs and undead (beings that have no souls)... along with an ego high enough that it will control the character whenever he sees such beings...... well, you get the picture.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7975 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  00:51:23  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was always a bit fond of the lowly Dagger of Sounding published in 2E PHBR4: Complete Book of Thieves.

Then again, I‘ve always liked low-power magical utility items with multiple uses. My favourite being a simple hand- telescope enchanted with Clairaudience, allowing the user to hear whatever is being observed. A handy gizmo for any thief.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 04 Mar 2014 00:54:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000