Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Richard Baker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2009 :  05:13:47  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage  Send Fillow a Yahoo! Message Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Mostly, it had to do with Rich being unable to keep up with questions made both here and at WotC. His work at Wizards was increasing at the time he made the decision to leave these halls, and he, rightly so, thought it best to dedicate himself just to one online venue for questions about the Realms and its development.



Allright.
So, we could go on asking him question here in CK and do as THO do about Ed's questions if one scribe of us does the "copy/paste" action from CK to Gleemax threads and reversely...

So, next question for Richard please !... Who has one ?

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High
Moderator

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2009 :  05:51:30  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Mostly, it had to do with Rich being unable to keep up with questions made both here and at WotC. His work at Wizards was increasing at the time he made the decision to leave these halls, and he, rightly so, thought it best to dedicate himself just to one online venue for questions about the Realms and its development.



Allright.
So, we could go on asking him question here in CK and do as THO do about Ed's questions if one scribe of us does the "copy/paste" action from CK to Gleemax threads and reversely...
I suppose that's possible.

While it would really just be easier for scribes with questions for Rich to post them over at WotC, some members of Candlekeep don't have Wizards accounts. Thus, if they don't have Gleemax accounts, these scribes could post their queries here and ask any other scribes who, like myself, have Wizards accounts to relay their queries for them.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Jun 2009 05:52:47
Go to Top of Page

ogonczyk
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2010 :  00:28:41  Show Profile  Visit ogonczyk's Homepage Send ogonczyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a question to mister Baker. Does Sarya Dladrageth get involved in a sexual intercourse with the demon Malkizid in the Final Gate? thanks for the answer!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High
Moderator

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2010 :  00:40:38  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ogonczyk, please note the following re: Rich Baker's participation here at Candlekeep:-
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Mostly, it had to do with Rich being unable to keep up with questions made both here and at WotC. His work at Wizards was increasing at the time he made the decision to leave these halls, and he, rightly so, thought it best to dedicate himself just to one online venue for questions about the Realms and its development.



Allright.
So, we could go on asking him question here in CK and do as THO do about Ed's questions if one scribe of us does the "copy/paste" action from CK to Gleemax threads and reversely...
I suppose that's possible.

While it would really just be easier for scribes with questions for Rich to post them over at WotC, some members of Candlekeep don't have Wizards accounts. Thus, if they don't have Gleemax accounts, these scribes could post their queries here and ask any other scribes who, like myself, have Wizards accounts to relay their queries for them.


Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2010 :  07:01:46  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hiya!

I have a question concerning the Kur-Tharsu (Ogre Magi) of the lands of Thar.

In your article concerning Thar titled "The Tribes of Thar" you write that Kur-Tharsu means "Overlords of Thar"

Could you break down what the pieces of that mean? For instance, does Kur mean "Overlord" in Giantish, or King...or...?

I would greatly appreciate it!

Visit my Blog Page to find things for YOUR Forgotten Realms!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High
Moderator

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2010 :  08:10:49  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dalor, please see my and Wooly's quoted post below.
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It may be a good idea to take questions to Rich over to his WotC thread. He's not visited this site in a few months, and it's been even longer since he posted here.

Agreed. I actually forgot to state that in my reply to Razz earlier.

'Tis probably best, since Rich has said that he wouldn't be as focused on answering questions here any more. Instead, preferring to focus just on answering questions about the Realms on the Wizards boards.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2010 :  10:35:43  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A pity that.

I had hoped to get an answer here...I'll email him and post his answer here if he replies.

Visit my Blog Page to find things for YOUR Forgotten Realms!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2010 :  13:30:57  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rich hasn't answered a question on the Wizard forums in about six months...
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2011 :  17:44:01  Show Profile  Send Rhewtani an AOL message Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, someday he might see this ...

Rich:

What decisions, adjustments, and/or retcons did you make to Aesperus to handle your use of him in Swordmage versus his write up in the old Moonsea supplement?
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2011 :  00:44:09  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you have a WotC account you might want to PM him. He will reply to his PM's. At least he has replied to mine.

There is also the WotC Bookclub...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 22 Jan 2011 00:50:20
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High
Moderator

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2011 :  01:01:16  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

If you have a WotC account you might want to PM him. He will reply to his PM's. At least he has replied to mine.

There is also the WotC Bookclub...

Indeed. His account here shows very little activity over the last lot of years. Better luck at Wizards, I think.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3523 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  01:40:09  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A new Jack Ravenwild novel in the works? It looks like it according to his wotc blog.....
This would sure be a good time for Rich to pop in here and get some love!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  03:08:22  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Last Mythal trilogy is my favorite book series!! For one, it is about te Eladrin/Elves of FR. The other bg reason os that ot also deals wth the Ruar-Tel-Quessir!! My favorite race!!! So, my question fr Richard Baker is hat does he know of any OFFICIAL Star Elf cities i Sildeyuir?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High
Moderator

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  03:23:15  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tradwitch, please see my and Wooly's quoted post below:-
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It may be a good idea to take questions to Rich over to his WotC thread. He's not visited this site in a few months, and it's been even longer since he posted here.

Agreed. I actually forgot to state that in my reply to Razz earlier.

'Tis probably best, since Rich has said that he wouldn't be as focused on answering questions here any more. Instead, preferring to focus just on answering questions about the Realms on the Wizards boards.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  14:10:52  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

A new Jack Ravenwild novel in the works? It looks like it according to his wotc blog.....
This would sure be a good time for Rich to pop in here and get some love!



Red Walker, do you by chance have the link to that bit of information? I scrolled over his blog but didn't see that part and I am terribly interested in this!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  21:53:45  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
skychrome, this is taken from the novels section.

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Very cool, Rich's wotc blog ...check the jan 25th entry:

http://community.wizards.com/wotc_richbaker/blog/


This is very good news......if you put me into a corner, I would have to rank jack a top 5 FR novel character. If it happens......great move by wotc.(man have I wanted to be able to say something like that for a loooonnngnnggg time!)



Januar 25th entry, just a tiny mention of the possibility :)
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  23:21:31  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Elfinblade, found it! Absolutely aweseome, as he already wrote chapter 2, then this is more than a mere posibility!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  02:04:49  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Hiya!

I have a question concerning the Kur-Tharsu (Ogre Magi) of the lands of Thar.

In your article concerning Thar titled "The Tribes of Thar" you write that Kur-Tharsu means "Overlords of Thar"

Could you break down what the pieces of that mean? For instance, does Kur mean "Overlord" in Giantish, or King...or...?

I would greatly appreciate it!



To which Rich answered:

quote:
Regrettably we don't have any kind of lexicon of Giantish, so treat this as a very informal answer... I would say "Kur" means lord or master, and "Tharsu" naturally describes "things or people Tharish." Maybe the better translation is "masters of the Thars," meaning the tribes/peoples of Thar, as opposed to "masters of Thar" meaning the land.

For that matter, possibly kur is a plural, and the singular would be kar or kir.

So, all in all: Pick an answer you like, and have fun with it!


So there ya have it!

Visit my Blog Page to find things for YOUR Forgotten Realms!
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  13:07:14  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where should I head if I want to ask Rich a question over at Wizards forums?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High
Moderator

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  14:12:18  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

Where should I head if I want to ask Rich a question over at Wizards forums?

Last I heard, Rich's personal thread over on the Wizards boards had been closed -- partly because his work schedule just wasn't allowing him enough time to answer questions with any real degree of frequency.

I suppose you could just post a general question on the board, with a header address to Rich. Maybe that'll get his attention?

To be honest, I really don't know. It's been a long while since I've been regularly active over there, so Rich's answering technique may have changed again.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3338 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  21:27:40  Show Profile  Visit Dalor Darden's Homepage Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sent him a personal message and he got back to me in just a couple of days.

That was the only time I'd PMd him there...I used to annoy the hell out of him about Birthright though; so he may just be used to me. LOL

Visit my Blog Page to find things for YOUR Forgotten Realms!
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2011 :  22:26:20  Show Profile  Visit Matt James's Homepage Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rich was laid off by WotC today. Cheers to his 20+ years and may he have many more.
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

613 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2011 :  22:34:22  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Rich was laid off by WotC today. Cheers to his 20+ years and may he have many more.



I really don't like the month of December.


I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2130 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2011 :  22:34:26  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Rich was laid off by WotC today. Cheers to his 20+ years and may he have many more.

Sad news!

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2011 :  00:38:03  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Rich was laid off by WotC today. Cheers to his 20+ years and may he have many more.



Whatever may be the reason for that, it is not that we are not already used to such news lately from WotC.
I hope this does not affect his upcoming Prince of Ravens novel!
And man...isn´t this nice one week before Christmas...

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625

Edited by - skychrome on 15 Dec 2011 00:40:04
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000