Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Richard Baker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Trailstalker
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2008 :  18:42:07  Show Profile  Visit Trailstalker's Homepage Send Trailstalker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rich

Just a quick line to let you know that I thought Swordmage was outstanding, and I'm really looking forward to more. It was also nice to see an old friend in the beginning, if only for a moment!

Keep up with the great work!

Dash Trailstalker
Halfling Ranger
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
778 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  17:14:29  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spells Stilled, Rich:

I am constructing an essay on Myth Drannor. I am making
a list of Powers exuded by the Tree of Souls in 1380DR, and would
an expert guess on the caster level of spell effects given off
by the Tree. I am guessing around 45.

Also, what is the construction material for the Starsoul Shrine?
Simple granite, marble, materials created through the one
High Magic Ritual, pertified wood?

Also, would Telshurr have the aryvandaar ritual that construct the blue crystal in their towers, or was that more of a Level 4-9 spell?
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  01:27:02  Show Profile  Click to see Foxhelm's MSN Messenger address  Send Foxhelm a Yahoo! Message Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This question was missed on the Wiz site, so I decided to post it.

Okay in the switch from 3 ed to 4 ed many gods were eliminated. Yet in 2 ed and 3 ed it was possible to resurrect dead gods, is this still possible for 4 ed?
Could I create a super-awesome-cool adventure were I bring back Helm or my favourite Finder (I can see why Finder might have not made it and how you didn't have the final draft when you answer my questions on him, but it stilled hurt to hear he's gone after you said he was an Exarch)?

(And would a donation to the Game Designers Retirement Fund help to make it cannon? Or would just a two story keg of beer be needed to do that?)

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  16:29:19  Show Profile  Visit Razz's Homepage  Send Razz an AOL message Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, big question. Are the new elven deities in Dragon Magazine #251 official elven deities in the Realms? I assume their worship was strong during the time the elves ruled Faerun, but have increasingly been forgotten over time. Or is this one of those things (like the Double Diamond novels) that isn't seen as official FR canon?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30283 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  18:16:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It may be a good idea to take questions to Rich over to his WotC thread. He's not visited this site in a few months, and it's been even longer since he posted here.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  23:44:52  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It may be a good idea to take questions to Rich over to his WotC thread. He's not visited this site in a few months, and it's been even longer since he posted here.

Agreed. I actually forgot to state that in my reply to Razz earlier.

'Tis probably best, since Rich has said that he wouldn't be as focused on answering questions here anymore. Instead, preferring to focus just on answering questions about the Realms on the Wizards boards.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
536 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2009 :  00:24:50  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of questions about your short story in Realms of the Elves. The ice spell that Daried's friend casts at the enemy and the spell that allowed Daried to reflect an enemy's spell at another foe... what were they?

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document

Edited by - Penknight on 11 Mar 2009 22:11:54
Go to Top of Page

Sebastrd
Seeker

28 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2009 :  19:50:01  Show Profile  Visit Sebastrd's Homepage Send Sebastrd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just have a quick question regarding Lorosfyr.

What do you imagine is the source of madness lurking at the bottom of that terrifying place?

I've been reading a lot of H. P. Lovecraft and Lords of Madness, and I ran across the reference in Underdark while reading up on aberration settlements.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30283 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2009 :  22:55:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sebastrd

What do you imagine is the source of madness lurking at the bottom of that terrifying place?

It's a never-ending concert of every boyband and novelty act that's ever existed, with that accursed Titanic tune played every three songs -- as it was when the movie was in theaters.

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2009 :  19:31:05  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Richard.

I have a question about something mentioned in the 4E FRPG. In the "Deities of Toril" section, under the description of Selūne, it says that her followers:
"Seek out creatures who bear the curse of lycan-thropy, curing those who hope to end their affliction and destroying those who have suc-cumbed to the beast within" (p. 152).

This implies that lycanthropy is a curable affliction, whereas the 4E Monster Manual indicates that it is "hereditary" and cannot be contracted by infection. Do priestesses of Selūne have some extraordinary means of removing lycanthropy?

Afet bint Tuzanķ

"As the good Archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself."
- Danilo Thann in Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham

Edited by - Afetbinttuzani on 17 Mar 2009 19:44:27
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3074 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2009 :  19:35:38  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Afetbinttuzani, you might want to post your question here

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Agreed. I actually forgot to state that in my reply to Razz earlier.

'Tis probably best, since Rich has said that he wouldn't be as focused on answering questions here anymore. Instead, preferring to focus just on answering questions about the Realms on the Wizards boards.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2009 :  19:45:42  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ashe.

Afet bint Tuzanķ

"As the good Archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself."
- Danilo Thann in Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham
Go to Top of Page

IngoDjan
Learned Scribe

Brazil
146 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2009 :  21:00:57  Show Profile  Visit IngoDjan's Homepage  Click to see IngoDjan's MSN Messenger address Send IngoDjan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello RB.

Well, I would like to thank you for your works. I've just read complete Last Mythal and I enjoy this much. Read this also help me in my game table, creating histories and giving my players more depth in elven character (There is 2 in my table).
This made me thoughtful of buy more novels. I'm planing to buy the books that tells Elminster history at amazon.com. The problem is that with the ship rate and the exchange Dolar/Real it's almost 5 times expenser for us in Brazil.
For last, I“m very sorry for my friends that can“t understand english. Here in Brazil, only Salvatore's Icewind Dale trilogy is translated, but many people like me could read more FR novels in english. And then, when rarely they do, they keep reading all Salvatore's or Greenwood novels, and just after more than 20 books they start reading other authors. For me was different, 'cause I love Avatar Trilogy and read this first.
My point is, I want made others autors of FR books, like you and Elaine, knowed here in Brazil. I want to start a association of FR books fans and I“m was wondering if you could send some message to brazilians, to persuade then to read your book. Maybe, with this, more people will buy your books, the market will grow up and maybe, the editors could translate some others books to the portuguese.

Thank“s a lot!

Ingo Djan
DUNGEON MASTER AO OF THE DIAMONDS!
"I see the future repeat the past. It all is a museum of great news. The Time do not stop."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2009 :  23:06:20  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ingo, in the interests of Rich seeing your post, you might want to consider shifting it over to the Wizards boards. As you can see from my and Ashe's posts above, Mr Baker isn't as active here at Candlekeep as he used to be.

Go to Top of Page

IngoDjan
Learned Scribe

Brazil
146 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2009 :  00:09:18  Show Profile  Visit IngoDjan's Homepage  Click to see IngoDjan's MSN Messenger address Send IngoDjan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh! Thanks!

Ingo Djan
DUNGEON MASTER AO OF THE DIAMONDS!
"I see the future repeat the past. It all is a museum of great news. The Time do not stop."
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  15:10:40  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage  Send Fillow a Yahoo! Message Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wondered if Rich had a homepage, a blog or a website.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  16:52:51  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, he's got a Staff Blog over at WotC.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  17:42:34  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage  Send Fillow a Yahoo! Message Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So easy !
Thanks again Sage

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1792 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  05:03:11  Show Profile  Click to see Purple Dragon Knight's MSN Messenger address Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Mr. Baker still involved with the Realms or even at WotC? his last post was May 2008...

PS: which perhaps beg the question that questions should be asked on other author threads or even addressed internally... perhaps it's time for a "Question for the Sage" thread or somethin'...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  05:23:10  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Is Mr. Baker still involved with the Realms or even at WotC? his last post was May 2008...
He still posts on the Wizards boards. But he hasn't been back to Candlekeep since August '08. And he made it clear just before that time that he was intent on just focusing on comments/questions made over at WotC. Thus, his current state of silence here at Candlekeep.

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1792 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  20:02:11  Show Profile  Click to see Purple Dragon Knight's MSN Messenger address Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... weird.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  21:29:06  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage  Send Fillow a Yahoo! Message Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a specific reason for this ?

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
778 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  21:49:01  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, maybe he didn't like all the author bashing that happened here.
Most likely the higher are keeping a close leash on him.
Sometimes the anti-4ed discussion here get a little heated.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2039 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  23:00:25  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
they get heated anywhere.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2009 :  01:28:29  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Is there a specific reason for this ?

Mostly, it had to do with Rich being unable to keep up with questions made both here and at WotC. His work at Wizards was increasing at the time he made the decision to leave these halls, and he, rightly so, thought it best to dedicate himself just to one online venue for questions about the Realms and its development.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000