Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Looking for a few suggestions
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dmgorgon
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2014 :  06:02:20  Show Profile Send dmgorgon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi

Recently I started a new 3.5e Realms campaign in which the PCs will face-off against the spawn of Set and Tiamat.

The Spawn of Tiamat and Set is a creature named Tiyeth. At birth, she was handed over to the planer denizens of Set to corrupt and aid him in his conquest of the Realms. The act secured an alliance between Tiamat and Set, but while the child was masked as a human baby and was on route to Set’s domain, his followers were massacred by a host of angels and planar dragons sent by Bahamut. The angels refused to kill the girl and decided to return her to Bahamut. Bahamut then decided to permanently change her into a human and tasked one of his most trusted priestess with her care. When Tiyeth was of age she was allowed to marry a lessor prince of a great king in the north. Unknown to the king, the followers of set were at work in the kingdom and had been secretly working to corrupt the girl for years. By this time Set had found the girl, but did not relay that information to Tiamat.

To keep the story short, Tiyeth was corrupted by a priest of Set and she tried to murder her way to the throne. These and other actions were so horrific and offensive that Bahamut was forced to hand her over to Osiris to be judged. Expecting such an action Tiyeth had previously conspired with the priest of Set to have her heart removed and hidden away. When the time came for Osiris to weigh her heart on the scales he became furious and he cursed her to hear the beating hearts of mortal men for all eternity. He then banished her to the netherworld for 2000 years. At the end of such time she would be allowed return to the Realms to be hunted and tormented until her inevitable destruction.

At this point the PCs enter the picture with the Cult of the Dragon and the Cult of Set attempting to return her to the realms. Osirus will take action into his own hands and select the PCs for this final act of retribution. Unknown to the PCs, Osirus will have their hearts removed and placed in a secret temple. This will protect the PCs from most forms of death and prevent Tiyeth from hearing the PCs approach her. The PCs will wake up in a tomb and discover a long surgical incision across their chests. :)

I'm sure there are all sorts of things I can do with this, but I'm interested in hearing your opinions.

At the moment, I'm trying to gather as much information as I can find for the campaign. Thus far, I've found all sorts of great monsters, items, and even adventures related to Tiamat, but I haven't found any related to Set.

Does anyone know of any great 3.5e modules or monsters related to Set that I could use?

Edited by - dmgorgon on 01 Mar 2014 06:21:10
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000