Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Richard Lee Byers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 57

Tremaine
Seeker

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2010 :  11:49:51  Show Profile Send Tremaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi richard I just finished undead and enjoyed it very much i posted my thoughts over in the book club http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10734&whichpage=3&SearchTerms=undead

at the back of the book in you bio it said you were working on a screenplay for the plague knight is that different from writing a novel is it harder,easier or the same to do?

Edited by - Tremaine on 18 Dec 2010 17:51:01
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2010 :  18:28:32  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Tremaine. Glad you liked the book.

Writing the screenplay was difficult for me because I'd never done one before. I don't think it would be harder than writing a novel or short story if I did it on a regular basis. Naturally, it is different. You have to get out of the habit of describing, well, pretty much anything, and you have to make every word count. Actually, I would argue that you need to make every word count in any form of writing, but I think that when you're doing a movie script, it's especially true. Perhaps the only form where it;s even more true is a comic-book script.

Sadly, it doesn't appear that the Plague Knight movie will ever get made, and I don't have any other movie projects in the pipe, so I don't know if the world will ever find out if I can write a decent screenplay or not.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2010 :  14:09:44  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas to al who visit Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2010 :  14:43:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Merry Christmas to you, too, Richard!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2010 :  22:19:44  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And a good yule to you Richard.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Ruul
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2011 :  16:52:09  Show Profile  Visit Ruul's Homepage Send Ruul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Richard,
Just finished Whisper of Venom. Can I just say OUTSTANDING!! What a pleasure to read. The ending left me starving for more.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2011 :  18:17:46  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad you liked it!
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2011 :  17:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This has nothing to do with the Forgotten Realms, but if you enjoy my work, you might find it interesting:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heirapparent/heir-apparent-animated-series?ref=category

My partners came up with idea to seek funding this way. I have no clue how likely it is that we'll raise the money we need to produce the pilot. But if you decide that you'd like to see the thing, you may want to consider backing us. As I understand it, you can pledge as little as one dollar. This will make you a backer in good standing, will help to keep the project on one of the early pages (where you want it so more people will see it), and, if we don't make our goal, you're never charged. So, for what it's worth...
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2011 :  18:30:35  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

This has nothing to do with the Forgotten Realms, but if you enjoy my work, you might find it interesting:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heirapparent/heir-apparent-animated-series?ref=category

My partners came up with idea to seek funding this way. I have no clue how likely it is that we'll raise the money we need to produce the pilot. But if you decide that you'd like to see the thing, you may want to consider backing us. As I understand it, you can pledge as little as one dollar. This will make you a backer in good standing, will help to keep the project on one of the early pages (where you want it so more people will see it), and, if we don't make our goal, you're never charged. So, for what it's worth...

Looks very interesting....count me in....I just need to wait until I get home so I can watch that again with the sound on.....then decide which level of support I can get away with and not have the wife make grumpy faces about my fiction budget ...again

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2011 :  16:53:11  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My wife is actually intrigued by this(she nevers stops surpising me!)...we have some heavy business commitments until the middle of Feb, then we will do something.

I was thinking it would be very cool if I could somehow round up enough of the other scribes on here so maybe Candlekeep.com could get a Special Thanks.

If you dont mind I would like to check with Sage and/or Alaundo to see if it is something they has merit for the site and would support.
Assuming you and your partners would be ok with that.

Edited by - The Red Walker on 28 Jan 2011 16:54:15
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2011 :  18:18:29  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If those who frequent Candlekeep would like to support the project in an organized way, that would be wonderful.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  00:04:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

My wife is actually intrigued by this(she nevers stops surpising me!)...we have some heavy business commitments until the middle of Feb, then we will do something.

I was thinking it would be very cool if I could somehow round up enough of the other scribes on here so maybe Candlekeep.com could get a Special Thanks.

If you dont mind I would like to check with Sage and/or Alaundo to see if it is something they has merit for the site and would support.
Assuming you and your partners would be ok with that.

I think I could probably bend Alaundo's ear for a moment, yes.

I'd happily commit to such project.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  04:04:20  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a new horror story I'm quite proud of in the new horror anthology ZOMBIESQUE. If you're interested, here's one place to check out the book:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Zombiesque&x=0&y=0
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2011 :  05:23:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have a new horror story I'm quite proud of in the new horror anthology ZOMBIESQUE. If you're interested, here's one place to check out the book:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Zombiesque&x=0&y=0

Neat. Checking my local store for pre-order options now...

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  23:29:23  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a new blog post up. Due to some restructuring, it doesn't seem to be accessible through my own personal website yet (or at least it wasn't when I tried.) But you can read it by going to this web address, then clicking on "Member blogs."

http://www.leagueent.net/
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  05:54:32  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wrote another blog post, this one on the demise of "The Cape." You can check out it and my previous blog entry here:

http://rleebyers.livejournal.com/
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  06:58:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I wrote another blog post, this one on the demise of "The Cape." You can check out it and my previous blog entry here:

Wow! I haven't even had a chance to see it yet, and already it's done.

And I had such a curious interest in this series.

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  21:13:10  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you'd like to see a cool image related to a new project I'm involved in, you can check it out on my blog here:

I'll have more to say about the project nearer to the release date.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2011 :  07:21:54  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi, Richard! I wish to hear your thoughts about THIS TOPIC. Some examples I gave are from your novels.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2011 :  19:28:29  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Richard....this totally slipped my mind. I signed up at the website today and tried to make a pledge. When I got to the payment kept getting a bad link error.

I will try again when I get home....I hope this has not discouraged any potential backers.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2011 :  19:36:17  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Richard.....

Disregard that...I was finally able to get the payment processed.

Here's Hoping it gets funded!

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2011 :  22:29:07  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  01:06:42  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank you!

Your welcome. I received a nice note from Ken as well. Here's hoping it happens!

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2011 :  15:42:24  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a story in a new shared-world anthology, The Crimson Pact, Volume One:

/Users/richard/Desktop/avatar1.png

Here’s the concept:

The Crimson Pact vowed to destroy the demons of the Rusted Vale . . .
but the demons had their own secret plan and escaped, invading dozens
of worlds . . . . Read 26 stories set in those many different worlds
about the men and women who have refused to let the demons win.

For more information, or to buy the anthology, go here:

http://www.thecrimsonpact.com/

Full disclosure: My story in Volume One is a reprint. If you picked up the anthology Zombie Raccoons and Killer Bunnies, you have it already. But that the new book has plenty of original stories you haven’t got, so I still recommend you check it out.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2011 :  15:44:08  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whoops. Didn't get the cover image to transfer over. But you can see it on the website.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2011 :  05:31:29  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi, Richard.

I hope you're free to divulge this much information...In the trilogy right after The Brotherhood of the Griffon, which, as you said, will still feature the same brotherhood, will we be seeing more DRAGONGORN? You see, they're the ones which hamper me from finishing Whisper of Venom, and some other things, too, albeit much minor compared to those creatures. I really like your style, and I've said it many times and will say it again, you're one of my favorite authors.

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2011 :  14:01:25  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Dennis: There are no dragonborn in the book that comes after The Spectral Blaze.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2011 :  00:17:39  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

<sigh of relief>

Thanks, Richard!

Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2011 :  01:56:25  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a new blog entry up. The subject is "On the eve of losing my electronic self-publishing virginity."

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2011 :  05:23:52  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Interesting entry, Richard.

I once considered e-self-publishing...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 57 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000