Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Dave Gross
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave_Gross
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  18:30:59  Show Profile  Visit Dave_Gross's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Would this possible big fantasy novel be set in the Realms? Another shared world? Or a world of your own creation?

The latter, a setting and story I've noodled over for years, one that includes the character whose name I corrupted for Radu, as it turns out. The other possibilities, one anothing fantasy, one not, are also independent settings (the latter the real world).

Of course, I expect my new job to keep me busy, and I tend toward a busy social calendar, so I've no idea when I'll start earnest work on a new project. I hope, after I settle in to Edmonton, to make a weekend morning ritual of a few hours' writing in a coffee shop.

It's always a pleasure to chat with you folks. I'm sorry I haven't been able to do more of it this year.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  19:32:43  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave_Gross

It's always a pleasure to chat with you folks. I'm sorry I haven't been able to do more of it this year.

Dave

Well met

..and 'tis a pleasure to have ye here at Candlekeep, Dave Thank ye for taking the time to keep us updated with the latest developments.

Although I do echo Lord Rad's disappointment in Radu Malveen being taken out of Mistress of the Night Nevertheless, I found both yours and Don Bassingthwaites Realms novels to be a splendid read and i'm certainly rubbing my hands in anticipation for the upcoming Priests novel

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

dbassingthwaite
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
64 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  01:53:58  Show Profile  Visit dbassingthwaite's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Phil coaxed Don Bassingthwaite, about whose work I hear only wonderful things, onto the project.

Thanks very much, Dave - and if I might add, it was pleasure to work with your material and ideas. I don''t think I've ever had such fun doing research as I did reading through Black Wolf and Lord of Stormweather.

BTW, congrats on the new job with Bioware and welcome to Canada! (We will be doing regular testing to ensure you have the required blood-maple syrup level).

Don

Don Bassingthwaite
www.sff.net/people/dbassing
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  14:06:12  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it is great to here and congratulations on your new job. Great, another Canadian in the Halls of the Forgotten Realms Authors, and I agree with Don about the maple sugar but then again you are going to be living in Edmonton.

If you were located in Quebec, you could have the great stable of sugar pie and the maple sirop right from the tree. :)
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  14:45:50  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everybody seems to be moving to Canada, and to Alberta no less, just at the time I left for Ottawa. Best of luck, Dave, in moving to my home province. Shame it had to be to Edmonton.
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  18:19:53  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Eastern Canada Murray and having lived in Cowtown and the Prairie provinces, which are nice too, but now you have become a dreaded Easterner with you move to Ottawa. Murray is it possible to talk to you about Semmemmon outside of this forum?
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  14:30:59  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure, email me if you like... there's no guarantee I'll reveal much, but you can certainly try!
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  17:52:30  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great and thanks Murray. Well in regards to emailing you, since your e-mail is private, send me a hello e-mail at brucedonohue@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

stevem
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2004 :  06:57:24  Show Profile  Visit stevem's Homepage Send stevem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information, Dave. I, for one, will regret not seeing Radu in action again.

On the other hand, the epic multiple view point fantasy sounds very promising. I wish you the best of luck.

Steve Moss
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  17:11:50  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave Gross:

Thanks for "How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth" from Realms of the Dragons. It was a great read.

As someone who thinks King Lear is Shakespeare's finest work, I'll never quite look at the play the same way again.

SiriusBlack
Go to Top of Page

Dave_Gross
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2004 :  03:48:43  Show Profile  Visit Dave_Gross's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Thanks for "How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth" from Realms of the Dragons. It was a great read.

As someone who thinks King Lear is Shakespeare's finest work, I'll never quite look at the play the same way again.

SiriusBlack

Thanks for the kind words, SB. I'm glad you liked it, and it was a lot of fun to write. Perhaps perversely, I still haven't quite grokked Lear the way I know I'm supposed to do. Perhaps if I had children it would be easier. My favorite is still Much Ado, an opinion that nearly started a pub quarrel last Friday, if you can believe it! The other fellow, naturally, fancied Lear.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2004 :  04:58:36  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Thanks for the kind words, SB. I'm glad you liked it, and it was a lot of fun to write. Perhaps perversely, I still haven't quite grokked Lear the way I know I'm supposed to do. Perhaps if I had children it would be easier.

I had teenagers to raise at one point, so it was a bit easier.

quote:

My favorite is still Much Ado,

A fine choice. I don't think there's any harm in having a favorite comedy and tragedy as well from his works

quote:

an opinion that nearly started a pub quarrel last Friday, if you can believe it! The other fellow, naturally, fancied Lear.

Oh my, well at least you said quarrel and not brawl. Can you imagine the latter?

Prison cell

Inmate One: What are you in for?

Inmate Two: Armed Robbery. What about you?

Inmate One: Assault and battery. Hey buddy!

Inmate Three (looking up): Yes?

Inmate One: What are you in for?

Inmate Three: I got into a fight because I liked a Shakespeare comedy over one of his tragedies.

Feel free to return to Talbot's tale any day or time if the publishing Gods are kind. He's becoming a very fascinating character.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2004 :  14:44:44  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave

Being as Don worked with you on Mistress of the Night, and removed Radu Malveen from the book, are there any plans to have Radu in any future novels?

Also, are you working on anything else for the Realms at the moment or in the near future?

Thanks for your time

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Prince Forge of Avalon
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  05:37:51  Show Profile  Visit Prince Forge of Avalon's Homepage Send Prince Forge of Avalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Dave,

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed Mistress Of The Night that you and Don wrote. It was really fun to see a True Sharan priestess and how she acted. Thanks for the read!

PFoA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000