Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Paul S Kemp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 28

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2005 :  17:27:52  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp

Thank you. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the novel.

BobROE,

As Alisstair mentioned, if all other things are equal, hardcovers do generate more per-unit royalties for the author than paperbacks, but that's not really my reason (and all things are not equal, because paperbacks and hardcovers are not perfect substitutes in the marketplace). I think -- and I base this on no research and only anecdotal evidence -- that there is, for any given book, a potentially untapped market of readers, some of whom would be picked up by a hardcover release. Why do I say that?

Because for any given paperback release, there are some potential readers who don't buy it because they want to buy only those releases that they consider "big" or that are authored by what the reader perceives as one of the line's "top" authors. But "big" and "top" are subjective terms, and (I speculate) are somewhat determined by whether the release or the author previously has been published in hardcover. On that basis (and I acknowledge that I'm speculating far afield here), a hardcover release of a Cale trilogy might pick up some readers who otherwise don't pick up the Cale books because they are in paperback and tell more of a character's story rather than the story of an event -- ergo, they are in the readers' minds neither big nor authored by a top author.

Now I'll take issue with my position: the authors that WotC publishes in hardcover currently (and I can think of only three: EC, Bob, and Ed) have proven sales records, write quality novels, and have done all of that first with paperback releases, with the hardcover releases following after, as their careers and audiences became well established. In other words, they earned the hardcover credits by establishing a big enough audience in paperback that it made sense to WotC to publish future releases (or rereleases) in hardcover. This obviously is somewhat at odds with my argument. So Paul, why don't you sell enough books that WotC will publish you in hardcover?

The short answer: I'm trying! The longer answer is, in part, that the marketplace is *crowded* with fantasy. Lots of choices among a finite pool of readers means a smaller audience for any given author, unless that author is one of the biggies. And becoming a biggie is that much tougher in a very crowded marketplace. So I think that if a publisher was willing to take a chance on one or more of their authors by giving him or her a hardcover release, that very fact might actually expand that author's audience (for the reasons that I set forth above), rather than just reallocating it amongst hardcover and paperback purchasers in the previously established audience.

In sum, I guess I'm saying that given today's marketplace, it might make some sense for a publisher to try to create a new "big author" by pushing some releases into hardcover, rather than waiting for a new author to become a biggie in an increasingly diffuse marketplace.

Make any sense at all? Anyway, just an opinion, and we know all about those.

Ah yes, a paradox. That's what this is. In any case, I believe Cale/Kemp is deserving, based on having read your stuff and from the accolades given you by a multitude of FR fans on message boards. I can't base this on sales unfortunately as I don't have access to such. I'm quite certain that Ressurection, like it's predecessors, is a New York Times best seller. It better be anyways lol (despite that it might be partially because of having R.A.Salvatore appearing on the covers as well).

Oh and on a different note, Paul good sir, Erevis Cale reminds me of the wrestler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. A bald, bad ass good guy lol. That's about the only similarities though (unless you plan on making Cale wave his middle finger at demons before slicing them up lol).

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2005 :  09:40:43  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well without a doubt, you're definately one of the top FR authors as far as i'm concerned and i'm sure many agree. I've said this before, but I believe that the flavor of FR novels has changed over the past few years to a much more mature and darker feel, and this was initially noticable with Shadows Witness (and indeed much of the Sembia series). Cale is an amazing character and i'd love to see him in hardcover some day. You certainly deserve it!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2005 :  12:26:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair
I'm quite certain that Ressurection, like it's predecessors, is a New York Times best seller. It better be anyways lol (despite that it might be partially because of having R.A.Salvatore appearing on the covers as well).

It is, check the thread devoted to the novel or the author's blog for details.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2005 :  02:49:44  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paul, I know the following is a complete geek question, but if you would consider answering it would be much appreciated.

Jak Fleet mentions that he is from Mistledale and also mentions that his mother still lives there. Where might she live in Mistledale, and does Jak have other family there?

I often throw cameos at my players that is only background material to see if they catch the reference, and since they live in Mistledale I would love for them to bump into the Fleet family.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2005 :  15:16:33  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Paul, I know the following is a complete geek question, but if you would consider answering it would be much appreciated.

Jak Fleet mentions that he is from Mistledale and also mentions that his mother still lives there. Where might she live in Mistledale, and does Jak have other family there?

I often throw cameos at my players that is only background material to see if they catch the reference, and since they live in Mistledale I would love for them to bump into the Fleet family.

Thanks!

KnightErrant,

My notes say that Jackert Fleet hails from a small, lakeside hamlet in Mistledale named Stumphill, called such for the dead elm whose leafless bole stands solitary sentinel on the village's "lookout" hill. Jak's father kept bees (and had a full-on apiary) and fished the lake. You won't find Stumphill on any map, however, because I invented it when putting together Jak's background for the Sembia series.

Jak's father passed to Halfling's Rest a while back, as did his elder brother Cobdon (Cob). His mother, last Jak knew (though he has been away from home a long time), was alive and well and living in Stumphill with Jak's younger, unmarried sister (Lis), and his younger brother (Holt). A couple aunts, uncles, and several cousins (all on his mother's side)also call Stumphill home, and at least a couple of the youngest cousins show some signs of having inherited the same wanderlust that infected Jak.

Hope that is useful.

Edited by - PaulSKemp on 19 Jun 2005 15:28:55
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2005 :  16:17:17  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Paul, that was indeed helpful.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  18:57:12  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paul, I just have to say, having read your blog, not only did you recently win me over as one of my all time favorite Realms authors with your Erevas Cale books, but anyone who is inspired by Led Zepplin lyrics (especially Led Zepplin lyrics inspired by Tolkien, which brings the whole thing around in a weird full circle) is a true Sage indeed.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2005 :  19:22:22  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Paul, I just have to say, having read your blog, not only did you recently win me over as one of my all time favorite Realms authors with your Erevas Cale books, but anyone who is inspired by Led Zepplin lyrics (especially Led Zepplin lyrics inspired by Tolkien, which brings the whole thing around in a weird full circle) is a true Sage indeed.

KE,

That does make a nice circle.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  15:17:07  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote

All,

I will not be checking Candlekeep.com in the future. So if you have a question or want to reach me, find me at my Q&A thread here: http://p197.ezboard.com/frasalvatoreforumsfrm8, my blog here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/paulskemp/, or drop me an email at: pskemp at sbcglobal dot net.

Alaundo, please lock the thread. Thanks, all.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  16:26:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

All,

I will not be checking Candlekeep.com in the future. So if you have a question or want to reach me, find me at my Q&A thread here: http://p197.ezboard.com/frasalvatoreforumsfrm8, my blog here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/paulskemp/, or drop me an email at: pskemp at sbcglobal dot net.

Alaundo, please lock the thread. Thanks, all.

Locked at Paul's request. Hopefully Paul will return at some point in the future, at which time we will unlock this thread.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  17:20:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Indeed a sad moment to see Paul leaving the halls of Candlekeep. As Wooly Rupert stated, I also hope that Paul returns here soon. One of the greatest authors of the Realms, in my humble opinion.

I'd like to take this opportunity, on behalf of all at Candlekeep, to thank Paul for his time here at the library and for all the time and effort he has spent to respond to the numerous questions and queries from his fans.

This scroll will always remain here at Candlekeep for all to enjoy. In addition, please see the interview with Paul Kemp on his Shadows Witness and Erevis Cale novels.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2005 :  18:58:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Splendid news. Paul has returned to Candlekeep (somebody ensure those gates are firmly closed this time!) and is ready to take any questions and participate in the threads herein

I'm sure Paul needs no introduction, but for those who have missed it, his latest work has gained some interest over in the dedicted Twilight War Trilogy thread.

Welcome back, Paul, it's good to have ye with us again

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  00:31:50  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Alaundo. If anyone has any questions, fire away.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  04:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paul.....how do Pop-Tarts work?

Steven
Who actually does wonder just how far afield Erevis Cale has wandered across the Realms...or is he strictly an Inner Sea fella?

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Hammerfist
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  04:25:12  Show Profile  Visit Hammerfist's Homepage Send Hammerfist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to the author, I have certainly enjoyed reading your works and they are indeed fantastic pieces of work that really kind of captivated my imagination and dreams, especially the Erevis Cale Trilogy.

If the author does not mind my asking and permits me to ask this question, can I humbly ask is there any tips or snippets of information about the Twilight War Trilogy, I apologize if this question is found to be offensive. Thanks.

The hammer will strike when I say so.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  06:09:42  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Who actually does wonder just how far afield Erevis Cale has wandered across the Realms...or is he strictly an Inner Sea fella?

Well, looks like he's heading to Anauroch in the next trilogy for a spot of tea and biscuits with the Shades of Thultanthar. Oh, and Paul please have the actual citizens of said city call it Thultanthar as per LEoF. Shade is so ... Slade and 2E.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  13:47:30  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Paul.....how do Pop-Tarts work?

Steven

Steven, other than a sojourn in the Abyss, the Plane of Shadow, and Skullport, Cale has spent most of his life in the Inner Sea area (Westgate, Selgaunt, and a brief stint in Starmantle). The next trilogy may result in his becoming more widely travelled.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  13:51:04  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hammerfist

Greetings to the author, I have certainly enjoyed reading your works and they are indeed fantastic pieces of work that really kind of captivated my imagination and dreams, especially the Erevis Cale Trilogy.

If the author does not mind my asking and permits me to ask this question, can I humbly ask is there any tips or snippets of information about the Twilight War Trilogy, I apologize if this question is found to be offensive. Thanks.

Hammerfist,

I'm quite difficult to offend generally, and certainly asking questions about my work is NOT offensive. And please call me "Paul."

First, I'm glad you've enjoyed the Cale books. They're a lot of fun to write.

Second, "The Twilight War" will pick up some threads established in "Midnight's Mask" (the third and final book of the first Cale trilogy) and will feature the surviving characters from that book (as well as some others). It will also feature the Shadovar of Thultanthar and events of significance for all of the Realms. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to say much else at this time. Careful readers and loremasters of the Realms will no doubt deduce some things from "Midnight's Mask," when it is released in November.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  13:52:30  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos
Oh, and Paul please have the actual citizens of said city call it Thultanthar as per LEoF. Shade is so ... Slade and 2E.

-- George Krashos

Done!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  15:00:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The next trilogy may result in his becoming more widely travelled.
Ooh! That's good to hear. You've got me sold on this new trilogy Paul. It's beginning to sound like a fine follow-up tale.

BTW, it's good to see you back at Candlekeep .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 16 Sep 2005 15:03:31
Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2005 :  02:04:58  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Paul.

Firstly, the praise*g*. I thoroughly enjoyed the Erevis Cale trilogy thus far. For my tastes, you´ve given the "dark" Cale a perfect companion in Jak Fleet and also a great Nemesis in Riven )love that triumvirate). I was actually sold on Cale after I read the first short story in DRAGON. Looking forward to the final novel and I danced a happy jig in front of my computer (to the grave concern of my girlfriend) when I read about the fact, that there will be another trilogy. Thanks, too, for putting some spotlight on Mask once again*g*, that deity is just plain kewl.

Secondly, the question.
I was pretty fascinated by Sephris and his "mathematical" approach to problems(quite unique and darn, if you didn´t put some cliffhangers/suspicion raisers/riddles for the reader there). Where did you get the idea for that from?

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2005 :  14:15:23  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dart Ambermoon

Hello Paul.

Firstly, the praise*g*. I thoroughly enjoyed the Erevis Cale trilogy thus far. For my tastes, you´ve given the "dark" Cale a perfect companion in Jak Fleet and also a great Nemesis in Riven )love that triumvirate). I was actually sold on Cale after I read the first short story in DRAGON. Looking forward to the final novel and I danced a happy jig in front of my computer (to the grave concern of my girlfriend) when I read about the fact, that there will be another trilogy. Thanks, too, for putting some spotlight on Mask once again*g*, that deity is just plain kewl.

Secondly, the question.
I was pretty fascinated by Sephris and his "mathematical" approach to problems(quite unique and darn, if you didn´t put some cliffhangers/suspicion raisers/riddles for the reader there). Where did you get the idea for that from?

Dart,

Thank you.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure where Sephris came from. I've always thought it interesting that music is, essentially, mathematics, so maybe I extrapolated from there. I also try to make any "Chosen" depicted in my books as paying a price for their specialness (so that partially explains Sephris's seeming insanity, his inability to just *stop* calculating, even for a short time).

Someone once told me that Sephris reminded them a bit of John Nash, the genius depicted in the movie "A Beautiful Mind," but I think I saw that movie long after I wrote Twilight Falling.

Not sure that's helpful, but there it is. As for the various hints that Sephris drops, let's talk again after Midnight's Mask.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  13:11:09  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, at least I know what the hype is all about now. "Twilight Falling" was a great read, impossible to put down and had a depth of characterization that I haven't encountered in a fantasy novel for a while. Time to buy the rest of the trilogy. Thanks Paul - great stuff.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2005 :  17:23:48  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Well, at least I know what the hype is all about now. "Twilight Falling" was a great read, impossible to put down and had a depth of characterization that I haven't encountered in a fantasy novel for a while. Time to buy the rest of the trilogy. Thanks Paul - great stuff.

-- George Krashos

George,

Thanks for that. I appreciate it a great deal.

I've been told that TF stands fairly well on its own (i.e., it makes sense and the characters come through even for folks who haven't read "Halls of Stormweather" and "Shadow's Witness") and I'm glad that seems to be true.

Anyway, thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2005 :  13:23:36  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Paul, I really have enjoyed reading your works on Shadow Witness, Book 1 and 2 of Erevis Cale trilogy, a pity I have yet to get book 3 of this impressive trilogy. But if you permit, can I ask what is meant by "two and two makes four" for Erevis Cale, is this sentence a kind of portent into Cale's destiny or does it concern his comrades and him? I have a difficult time trying to sort this question out.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2005 :  15:10:00  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

Greetings Paul, I really have enjoyed reading your works on Shadow Witness, Book 1 and 2 of Erevis Cale trilogy, a pity I have yet to get book 3 of this impressive trilogy. But if you permit, can I ask what is meant by "two and two makes four" for Erevis Cale, is this sentence a kind of portent into Cale's destiny or does it concern his comrades and him? I have a difficult time trying to sort this question out.

Shadovar,

The phrase, "Two and two are four" is/was Sephris's way of trying to tell Cale that his fate is predetermined, that the answer will always be the same no matter what he does. CAle does not like that idea, but this is why Cale sometimes thinks of those words when he comes face to face with the idea that he is what he is, even if he doesn't like it. Make sense?

Edited by - PaulSKemp on 22 Sep 2005 15:23:01
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2005 :  10:13:15  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vendui Mr. Kemp!

A wee while back we discussed the final book of the WotSQ series on the livejournal board ( http://www.livejournal.com/users/paulskemp/10749.html?view=68861#t68861 ). Now, some people are pretty canon bound and regard information only as canon when it appears in some written form. On the named board you gave some info on the results of the War and I wonder whether you can elaborate on the new ranking of the Spider Queen. Was that an intention by the Wizards, i.e., did you have the authority to call her a (well, there are no real spoiler markings that I can find) the goddess she is now?

Are there any publishing dates set for the "Realms-shaking" new Erevis trilogy?

All the best, Zanan!

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2005 :  16:24:52  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Zanan,

I understand that Lolth's reclassification was one of WotC's purposes for WotSQ.

As for the next Cale trilogy, I don't have firm dates. I believe "Shadowbred" will be released in late '06.

Paul
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2005 :  20:05:09  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Zanan,

I understand that Lolth's reclassification was one of WotC's purposes for WotSQ.

As for the next Cale trilogy, I don't have firm dates. I believe "Shadowbred" will be released in late '06.

Paul

Might I ask which year of Dalereckoning it is set in?

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2005 :  10:39:25  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Zanan,

Paul

Thanks for this info!

Regarding Erevis, am I right to assume that he SPOILER

. ... gained the shade template (FRCS) rather than the shadowwalker one (Unapproachable East) during his stay in the Fane of Shadows? Given the description, he appeared to me much like the former.
SPOILER END. I haven't yet read the thrid part of that trilogy though.

Zanan

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 28 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000