Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Paul S Kemp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 28

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2013 :  23:31:16  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and on a non-realms note, what is your favorite single malt scotch? (I personally enjoy Laphroaig Quarter Cask)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2013 :  14:53:40  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Oh and on a non-realms note, what is your favorite single malt scotch? (I personally enjoy Laphroaig Quarter Cask)

Depends on my mood, honestly. An Ardbeg or Taliskers usually suits.

As for your question: I had intended to have the events of the end of THE GODBORN occur at the end of the Trilogy, but I hadn't done an outline for the then-proposed-trilogy that got me from the beginning of book one to the end of book three. And once I changed gears to fit those events into one book, I found it suited the story better.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  16:35:53  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi, Paul!

Finished The Godborn last night. Loved it! Totally worth the four years' wait.

Quick questions, though (hidden spoilers):

1. Will Mask/Lessenor eventually erase Riven's memories?
2. Are Brennus and Rivalen really dead?
3. It kinda bothered me how The Most High failed to detect the Source's atrophy. Did he not place some trigger spells in/on/around it that should have enabled him to learn of its condition?
4. I like Gerak, but where did get all those arrows that seemed to be in unlimited supply?

Thank you, Paul, for sharing to us this gem of a book! A fun, memorable ride it was!

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 14 Oct 2013 16:56:26
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  23:48:06  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hehe. I had a lot of questions too!

Yikes. I had a zillion questions.

-Did you always plan to bring Cale back? Did you always plan to have riven become Mask? or did you flip flop a bit?

Cale getting killed by Meph and then smelling Jak's pipeweed.....One of the few times I ever threw a book on the floor in emotion. If a book can get me that upset over killing someone, you know I love the character lol. I am curious as to how he smelled the pipeweed at the time. Maybe mask was trying to ease him in his trial?

His return did seem rather abrupt though with not much time for chatter with his son. But I suspect the original idea was going to fit into a trilogy! lol.

Overall, The old characters were so far above the new characters in power that i can see why they had separate arcs for the most part. Cale and his son are so different as people that I can see some friction in the future.

-I am kind of assuming Riven absorbed not only the 3 fractions of divinity that Kesson Rel held(Since he was a level 0 divine being), but also as the eye shrank, a good portion of Mask's old power. So he is for all intents and purposes Mask reborn?

-Soooo. Azrrim and Tamlin in future books? lol. or possibly Inthracis? I loved the Ultraloth with clones!

I remembered this was supposed to be a trilogy and it felt like it could have been stretched into a trilogy because of the explosion of incredible amounts of awesome in the last 2/3'ds of the book. When I heard this was a trilogy(Godborn, Godbound, Godslayer I think were the names) before it got swapped, I had this idea in my head that Vasen would undergo this quest over 3 books lol. I figured he would meet up with Mags somehow and that a few new characters would join in, with Riven eventually making more and more appearances. Thought Maybe tamlin would be a first book villain(Maybe he is a bit more competent now), leading to Azrrim joining up somehow(Was on the fence about Azrrim maybe joining their party somehow. (Stranger things have happened. Like Riven's character development from superfoe to brother lol), at which point they might have to trek into the hells for Cale.

Maybe Azrrim is restless and trying to become an Epic white or Black Slaad? lol. Ill admit, I was really interested to see how Tamlin developped and to see him and a precursory villain. I suspect Cale's curiosity will get the better of him too. He is going to want to know what happened to the rest of the Uskevren after he was entombed.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2013 :  14:19:35  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

-Did you always plan to bring Cale back? Did you always plan to have riven become Mask? or did you flip flop a bit?

Maybe mask was trying to ease him in his trial?

I am kind of assuming Riven absorbed not only the 3 fractions of divinity that Kesson Rel held(Since he was a level 0 divine being), but also as the eye shrank, a good portion of Mask's old power. So he is for all intents and purposes Mask reborn?

Soooo. Azrrim and Tamlin in future books? lol. or possibly Inthracis? I loved the Ultraloth with clones!

1. I had always wanted to leave the door open, yes, but I waffled a bit about whether to walk through. Comments from some other authors led me in the direction of bringing him back (and I was leaning that way anyway).

2. Maybe. Or maybe it was just his imagination, trying to ease him through it. Jak was always his conscience, after all, and a manifestation of that conscience at a point when Cale was doing something noble would be fitting.

3. Maybe, sure. I don't think much about these characters in terms of game stats. Anathema of good storytelling, I think.

4. You never know. :-)
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2013 :  07:59:25  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,

after finishing The Godborn, I was wondering, if you already have any plans to continue writing on some of your Cale characters in the realms? The most obvious being Cale and Vasen?

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  13:26:16  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Mr Kemp,
There was a discussion in the Book Club (http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18453) regarding the identity of a character in chapter 1 of "The Godborn" - the "tall, gaunt man" with eyes without pupils watching Magadon getting out of his burning tavern, grinning at him and writing into a book with a quill. Can you shed some light on this?
Many thanks!
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  14:13:41  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

Hello Mr Kemp,
There was a discussion in the Book Club (http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18453) regarding the identity of a character in chapter 1 of "The Godborn" - the "tall, gaunt man" with eyes without pupils watching Magadon getting out of his burning tavern, grinning at him and writing into a book with a quill. Can you shed some light on this?
Many thanks!

Alas, I can't say much. Here's what I can say (and only this unfortunately): He's not a "man," and he has and/or will appear in the other Sundering novels.

Edited by - PaulSKemp on 10 Dec 2013 14:14:18
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  18:55:45  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gotta be Ao!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2013 :  20:41:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading The Hammer & The Blade right now. I have to be honest - at first, I had hard time 'getting into it'. Don't know what it was exactly, but I read a few pages each night, and it wasn't grabbing me. I guess I was being a bit dismissive with it (before I even started it, I decided that the two were 'Fafrhd/Mouser knock-offs', so that may have tainted things). It may have also been the very D&D-ishness of that first chapter. Not loving how they dealt with the antagonist.

All that being said, I am glad I stuck with it, because now I can see the characters aren't as two-dimensional as they first appeared. They've got some depth to them. Also, some of your ideas (especially regarding magic) are pretty cool (love the memory eater). I have to say, your descriptive text is getting superb; you may have 'passed up' a certain someone else. I'd go so far as to say you are fast approaching Fred Saberhagen in that regard (in other words, your descriptions wax poetic). Well done indeed.

Okay, so now that I'm past the mini-review (I'm not all that far in yet), I can't help but wonder about the world itself. Any plans to develop it further? With maps, perhaps?

Love to see you turn some of your ideas into RPG rules as well.

EDIT: It may have gotten lost in the ramblings of my post, but my point was that I am now thoroughly enjoying the book, and would recommend it. It almost feels like it belongs in The Realms.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 13 Dec 2013 15:04:30
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2013 :  15:34:56  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp

quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

Hello Mr Kemp,
Many thanks!

Alas, I can't say much. Here's what I can say (and only this unfortunately): He's not a "man," and he has and/or will appear in the other Sundering novels.

Ha, I knew it :) Thanks for sharing that - I actually do not want to know more anyway :)
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2014 :  15:53:13  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bumping this to say that I agree with Markustay. I'd like to see some RPG supplements for Egil and Nix.

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2014 :  20:33:23  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entromancer

Bumping this to say that I agree with Markustay. I'd like to see some RPG supplements for Egil and Nix.

I appreciate the sentiment. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2014 :  15:17:26  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick question, Mr. Kemp, and a rather odd one. Do Erevis or Vasen have a favorite color that they would wear? I got their minis from GF9 and want to do something a little different in their paint scheme than is presented on the package and the book covers. I don't recall reading anything along those lines in your novels, but I could have missed it. Thank you for your time.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2014 :  14:12:09  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Just a quick question, Mr. Kemp, and a rather odd one. Do Erevis or Vasen have a favorite color that they would wear? I got their minis from GF9 and want to do something a little different in their paint scheme than is presented on the package and the book covers. I don't recall reading anything along those lines in your novels, but I could have missed it. Thank you for your time.

I can imagine Vasen including a splash of yellow or orange in his clothing, to reflect the noon sun/dawn, and I think that Erevis would habitually include something deep purple in his garb (aaand...cue the guitar riffs from "Smoke on the Water.") :-)
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2014 :  17:18:05  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

I can imagine Vasen including a splash of yellow or orange in his clothing, to reflect the noon sun/dawn, and I think that Erevis would habitually include something deep purple in his garb (aaand...cue the guitar riffs from "Smoke on the Water.") :-)

You always have good taste in music. :) I always imagined purple for Erevis. Thanks for taking time to answer!

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2014 :  02:54:58  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Paul,

last week I finished Egil and Nix 2: A discourse in steel.
First of all congratulations for this great book, I really loved reading it!
Especially the assault on the guild house was a total blast! Apart from being written brilliantly, it also felt like the best of dungeons crawl role playing I can imagine! Just in a more fast forward style.

The book really hooked me up and there are some questions, which are keeping me busy (SPOILERS):
1) Will we see Rose and Mere in any of the next Egil and Nix novels again?

2) Odrhaal struck me as a really complex character, who cannot easily be defined as good or bad, kind of more so than let's say the Sojourner, even though they share common traits.
I understand Nix feelings towards him at the end, but at the same time I also felt, that as a reader I could not "trust" Egil and Nix perception on Odrhaal, because apart from his not caring for anything/anyone really in a "caring" kind of way, he did appear to be pretty straight forward in his communication and actions, without being either good or bad.

So, from your perspective, what might be bad about the girls becoming his apprentices? To me, it seemed a rather attractive option. He does not appear to be a cruel master, although not a loving or caring one neither.

3) Will we see more of those old civilizations in the next novels?

4) How will Egil and Nix pay the guild, considering the mess they left?!

Thanks again and best regards!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625

Edited by - skychrome on 18 Feb 2014 02:56:13
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2014 :  18:25:29  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

Hello Paul,

last week I finished Egil and Nix 2: A discourse in steel.
First of all congratulations for this great book, I really loved reading it!
Especially the assault on the guild house was a total blast! Apart from being written brilliantly, it also felt like the best of dungeons crawl role playing I can imagine! Just in a more fast forward style.

The book really hooked me up and there are some questions, which are keeping me busy (SPOILERS):
1) Will we see Rose and Mere in any of the next Egil and Nix novels again?

2) Odrhaal struck me as a really complex character, who cannot easily be defined as good or bad, kind of more so than let's say the Sojourner, even though they share common traits.
I understand Nix feelings towards him at the end, but at the same time I also felt, that as a reader I could not "trust" Egil and Nix perception on Odrhaal, because apart from his not caring for anything/anyone really in a "caring" kind of way, he did appear to be pretty straight forward in his communication and actions, without being either good or bad.

So, from your perspective, what might be bad about the girls becoming his apprentices? To me, it seemed a rather attractive option. He does not appear to be a cruel master, although not a loving or caring one neither.

3) Will we see more of those old civilizations in the next novels?

4) How will Egil and Nix pay the guild, considering the mess they left?!

Thanks again and best regards!

First, I'm delighted you enjoyed. :-) On to the questions!

1. Not the very next one (A CONVERSATION IN BLOOD), but in future ones, yes.

2. I think your observations about Odrhaal are spot on, but true indifference of the kind he appears to evidence can carry risk for Rose and Mere. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :-)

3. Sort of. Revelations are coming. :-)

4. The guild will be in CONVERSATION, so you'll find out soon!

I know that's a lot of vagueness. Apologies. Hard not to be without revealing too much, though.

Paul

Edited by - PaulSKemp on 28 Feb 2014 18:38:10
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2014 :  01:10:18  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Paul, I cannot wait to read the next books!

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2014 :  02:16:36  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Link for Soulbound?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2014 :  18:35:51  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Link for Soulbound?

There isn't one. At this point, the only place to get the story is in print, in either the Realms of Dragon anthology or The Erevis Cale Trilogy omnibus (I think it's in there).
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  21:35:27  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally getting to The Godborn as I saw the Kindle version was in the $7 range so I snagged it!...So far it's good, real good.

But now for something more important....

1. What Whiskey(or Whisky) are you drinking now?

2. What was the last truely excellent Whiskey you've tasted?

3. What Whiskey are you looking forward to trying next?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  14:13:56  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Finally getting to The Godborn as I saw the Kindle version was in the $7 range so I snagged it!...So far it's good, real good.

At the moment, nothing. As a general rule, unless I have something to celebrate, I'll actually drink Jamesons, which is a blended Irish whiskey. It's not expensive but does a good imitation of an expensive whiskey.

The last two great whiskies I tried: Lagavullin (for single malt scotch) and Pappy Van Winkle (for Bourbon). Both truly excellent. The Pappy's is impossible to find. I got lucky when a local wine shop near my home got some in and let me know before it all flew out the door.

As for what I'll try next: I don't have plans to try anything new, so it'll probably be just one of my typical single malts: A Taliskers, an Ardbeg, or a Laphroaig.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2014 :  15:10:57  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

At the moment, nothing. As a general rule, unless I have something to celebrate, I'll actually drink Jamesons, which is a blended Irish whiskey. It's not expensive but does a good imitation of an expensive whiskey.

The last two great whiskies I tried: Lagavullin (for single malt scotch) and Pappy Van Winkle (for Bourbon). Both truly excellent. The Pappy's is impossible to find. I got lucky when a local wine shop near my home got some in and let me know before it all flew out the door.

As for what I'll try next: I don't have plans to try anything new, so it'll probably be just one of my typical single malts: A Taliskers, an Ardbeg, or a Laphroaig.

Well if you like Lagavulin and Laphroaig, you should give Kilchoman a taste. They were the first new distillery on the Island of Islay since forever and there oldest whisky is only about 8 years old give or take....but it's amazing(especially some of their sherry casked expressions) and not too hard on the wallet. They have also been know to use Buffalo Trace(Pappy, Stagg and other greats) Bourbon barrels as well.

I was lucky enough to grab a 20yr Pappy this past fall, but havent opened it yet and waiting for a proper reason.

But if you can find it in your area, you need to grab some W.L. Weller 12 year.(or Old Weller Antique 107 $25)it ran me $24 here in Indiana, but is getting scarce.
It's the same stills, same mash bill, same barrels....same everything as Pappy....but the Van Winkles get to come in and hand pick their alotted casks and everything else becomes a Weller. I'm not going to to say it's as good as Pappy, but it's damn close. And since you have an adventurous spirit, if you find a bottle of the 12 and the 107....mix 40% 107 and 60% 12yr....and voila Pappy 12yr clone.

and now back reading to your book

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 05 Mar 2014 15:11:25
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2014 :  20:26:50  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday Paul!

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2014 :  20:22:51  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Happy Birthday Paul!

Thank you kindly, Markus.
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2014 :  23:58:33  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not sure if this question has been asked yet Paul. I was just re-reading Godborn today after rereading all the others lol. God I get teary eyed when Riven gives Gerak his girls.

But my questions.

First of five. Second of five.

Right and left hand of the Shadow.

I could interpret it one way. And Assume Cale, Riven, Rivalen, Mephistopheles and Vasen were the 5 keys to Mask being reborn(Mask probably did intend for Cale to succeed him).

Orsin mentioned Rivalen as "one of the three", etc, but there was no mention of "3rd of five, 4th of five, 5th of five" anywhere in the book.

Was that originally the intention, and the "Of five" math is now complete? Or is there something we have not seen yet?

My other questions were basic and I think I asked about them before, but........Tamlin and Azrrim. Do you have future plans for them? Back when it was planned to be a trilogy, I was hoping and hoping a more experienced evil Tamlin would be like a first book villain for Vasen, and praying to see Azrrim in any capacity. Hell, Azrrim could even have joined them to help if the situation fit! Riven did! lol

But really, I am dying to know. I suspect Gerak and Mags would get along splendid, both being woodsmen and all. I kinda suspect Erevis and Vasen would clash a bit once they got to know each other haha.

I am unhappy as heck with how they ended the sundering. Just Elminstering Telamont and the rest of shade. And I am especially unhappy to hear a lot of authors are just in limbo right now.
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2015 :  17:48:07  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you tell us more about the Arnothoi elves and their history? Thanks in advance!

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Xar Zarath
Senior Scribe

Malaysia
552 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2015 :  14:32:55  Show Profile Send Xar Zarath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul, just wanted to ask when can we expect your next Realms novel?

Everything ends where it begins. Period.

Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2015 :  21:12:08  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never at this point. As I understand it, WotC and Paul had a dispute over compensation. Paul says they're paying the talent below market rate. Unless WotC budges on the policy, it doesn't look like we'll be getting any more Paul books in Faerun, which is a true shame. To me, Paul is one of the most talented and in-depth writers to pen a Realms tome.

Edited by - Veritas on 13 Sep 2015 21:13:39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 28 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000