Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for James Lowder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2004 :  18:58:03  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This being a collective scroll of any questions the Scribes and visitors of Candlekeep wish to put to a renowned author of the Realms, namely - James Lowder, whos works include: Prince of Lies, Crusade and Ring of Winter.

Present your questions herein and check back to see what news may also come forth from the quill of this author.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

PyrateJenni
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  04:41:34  Show Profile  Visit PyrateJenni's Homepage Send PyrateJenni a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay -- what *did* Cyric say during Johnny Quest?

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." -- Tom Clancy_
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  10:37:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

James Lowders recent interrogation report interview results will be available in the library within the next tenday.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder
Forgotten Realms Author & Game Designer

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2004 :  08:29:23  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PyrateJenni

Ha ha ha.

Writing for me has always been really stressful, especially long projects like novels. I put that reference in the notes at the start of Prince of Lies because my wife has always been terrific about reminding me that it's a good thing to take breaks, which I otherwise forget. I've been known to forget meals, too, if things are going well at the keyboard. During Prince, Jonny Quest was one of my regular break diversions, as was, I seem to recall, Mystery Science Theater 3000.

One time during a JQ break I brought out some note paper from my office, because I had been in the middle of typing a section with some Cyric dialogue, and I was "just going to jot down the rest of it." My wife noted (correctly) that it rather defeated the purpose of a break to work through it, and we agreed that Cyric was going to have to learn to keep his mouth closed during breaks.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

Edited by - JamesLowder on 16 Feb 2004 00:18:50
Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  02:25:46  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick follow up.

Someone asked me off list, based on my post here, if the movies and music and books I read while working on a project--the things not directly related to project research--ever creep in.

Absolutely.

For example, back when I was working on Prince of Lies, I was listening to a lot of Oingo Boingo. And there are two chapter titles that were inspired by Oingo Boingo lyrics or song titles: "Life Underground" (also the name of my brother-in-law's rock band at the time) and "Nothing to Fear." There are a lot of other bits in the story itself that were inspired by people or my work at TSR or other things I'd read or seen or heard. That sort of stuff creeps into every author's work sooner or later.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  03:19:52  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JamesLowder

inspired by people or my work at TSR or other things I'd read or seen or heard.

The funniest example of that has to be how WOTC employee Sean Reynolds became the Red Wizard on the cover of the novel Red magic

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  04:12:22  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
The funniest example of that has to be how WOTC employee Sean Reynolds became the Red Wizard on the cover of the novel Red magic.

The Harpers novel Jean Rabe wrote? Sean Reynolds wasn't a TSR employee until around 1995--and he didn't even live in the Lake Geneva area before that. Red Magic came out well before that, in 1991. I can't imagine how he was the model for the Red Wizard.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
Go to Top of Page

PyrateJenni
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  20:16:26  Show Profile  Visit PyrateJenni's Homepage Send PyrateJenni a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, okay. I thought perhaps Cyric "popped up" with a running commentary on how stupid the heroes and/or villains were.

Everyone isa critic. ;)

Hmm...

"Cyric and Ebert at the Movies." Dang, if only I could draw!

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." -- Tom Clancy_
Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2004 :  22:38:33  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ah, okay. I thought perhaps Cyric "popped up" with a running commentary on how stupid the heroes and/or villains were.

Everyone isa critic. ;)

Even with all the absurdities--or maybe because of them--I still really enjoy the original 1960s Jonny Quest episodes. And I would venture a guess that Cyric would really like the one with the giant spiderlike spy robot. ;)

Cheers,
James Lowder
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2004 :  00:35:52  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JamesLowder

quote:

Ha ha ha.

Writing for me has always been really stressful, especially long projects like novels. I put that reference in the notes at the start of Prince of Lies because my wife has always been terrific about reminding me that it's a good thing to take breaks, which I otherwise forget. I've been known to forget meals, too, if things are going well at the keyboard. During Prince, Jonny Quest was one of my regular break diversions, as was, I seem to recall, Mystery Science Theater 3000.

One time during a JQ break I brought out some note paper from my office, because I had been in the middle of typing a section with some Cyric dialogue, and I was "just going to jot down the rest of it." My wife noted (correctly) that it rather defeated the purpose of a break to work through it, and we agreed that Cyric was going to have to learn to keep his mouth closed during breaks.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

That was funny!

"Hey, Cyric! Be quiet! My favorite show is on!!"

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

Adrian Moonbow
Seeker

Denmark
64 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2004 :  09:35:39  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Moonbow's Homepage Send Adrian Moonbow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, James:

Can we expect any new Artus Cimber novels? Can we hope for one?

Would you write the 'Return of Bane' novel many of us has been moaning for, if it were offered to you?

"I would have wanted not to die.
I would have wanted never to grow up!"
-Quidam
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2004 :  11:35:12  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adrian Moonbow

OK, James:

Would you write the 'Return of Bane' novel many of us has been moaning for, if it were offered to you?

Well met

Adrian Moonbow, you may wish to take a look at the recent addition to the library: being an interview with James Lowder.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2004 :  18:59:01  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adrian Moonbow

I'm very interested in writing more stories or even a new novel about Artus.

quote:

Whether or not I would say "yes" depends upon a lot of things--schedule, what the specific project entails, various business concerns, like which editors are available for the book. But I'd certainly be open to talking about it. The idea of Bane returning was part of the plot I had in mind for what would have been my sequel to Prince of Lies, so I'm interested in the plot.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

Edited by - JamesLowder on 11 Mar 2004 19:01:09
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2004 :  20:10:47  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, I hope I'm not bothering you. But I have questions...

1)If you were to do the Return of Bane novel, what style would it be in and could you hint to what would be plot points that you might be able to give us?
Would it be a mix of memories and current history like Evermeet or Cormyr? Or more linear like Prince of Lies?
Would there be interaction between Bane and the other gods? If so, who? (Cyric and Mystra would have to be the most likely.)
Would it talk about the other hints of Bane and/or resurrections of Bane? (Like in Stormlight or Finder's Bane. I want to give examples, but don't know how to hide the spoilers.)

2) What is your reaction to the Bane/Cyric debate? The constant arguement that occured over at the Wizards Board at least? (I tried to stop it in a silly way myself by creating Banric, the merged forms of Cyric and Bane. But that might cause major chaos in reality. ^_^)

3)As one of the Authors to tackle books on the gods of Faerun, What do you think of the other books that deal with this theme? (Evermeet, Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck)

I hope that you find this stimualting.

Thanks.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2004 :  22:46:16  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhelm

1)If you were to do the Return of Bane novel, what style would it be in and could you hint to what would be plot points that you might be able to give us?

I think the notion of doing the book in the format of Waterdeep or Cormyr, with the part dealing with Bane's origins, as suggested by Ed Greenwood in various places, and part telling of his return, has a lot to recommend it. But the story could be told in almost any format, depending upon the plot.

As far as plot points go, that would all depend upon how WotC wanted to market the book. I would guess they'd present it as Avatar VI, and that might mean you'd want it to have at least some transitions from what had gone before in Avatar. Given my druthers, I'd like to see the book deal, in part, with Fzoul and Manshoon and the various Zhents. And if I were involved, I'd certainly want to bring in Cyric, Mask, Oghma, and Torm on the divine front.

quote:
2) What is your reaction to the Bane/Cyric debate? The constant arguement that occured over at the Wizards Board at least? (I tried to stop it in a silly way myself by creating Banric, the merged forms of Cyric and Bane. But that might cause major chaos in reality. ^_^)

I didn't really up with that debate on the WotC boards.

quote:
3)As one of the Authors to tackle books on the gods of Faerun, What do you think of the other books that deal with this theme? (Evermeet, Finder's Bane and Tymora's Luck)

I think all three are interesting approaches, and certanly well written. The main advantage of dealing with the gods in a setting like the Realms is that the shared world structure highlights the complexity of their nature. Varied depictions and radically different points of view and different storytelling approaches are all good things, so long as they are conscious of the previously published material (as all three of those books are). That theme of shifting point of view and perception forms part of the underpinning for Prince of Lies. In fact Cyric attempts to fight against the notion of point of view/varient opinions with the Cyrinishad, which was intended, you might recall, to impose a single view of history/reality on the Realms. In a way, I set it up so that he is attempting to undo what the novel itself was attempting to promote. I was foregrounding the idea that there are all sorts of points of views, while he was trying to reduce all the points of view to one--his.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
Go to Top of Page

BrokenRulz
Acolyte

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2004 :  21:32:22  Show Profile  Visit BrokenRulz's Homepage Send BrokenRulz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want Return of Bane to happen so bad! Especially if there will be a blurb or chapter in there about how Bane, Myrkul and Bhaal as mortals accomplished what every other high level character in D&D wants to do...become Gods! The deal they make with Jurgel would have to be an interesting part.

D.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2004 :  04:57:15  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr Lowder, what can you tell me about the Gond-forged armor from your novel, Prince of Lies. It's said to be both anti-magical and hyper-thick. I haven't read the novel yet, but the idea sounds interesting.

And don't worry about spoilers, as I've said previously, I've got the Sage for that .

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2004 :  01:50:44  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Mr Lowder, what can you tell me about the Gond-forged armor from your novel, Prince of Lies. It's said to be both anti-magical and hyper-thick. I haven't read the novel yet, but the idea sounds interesting.

What do you want to know about it?

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2004 :  05:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Basically, what it was used for, what it does in more descriptive terms (other than what I know, which is basically all that I typed in my post above), whether it's possible to create something like this in a campaign, and anything else that you feel is relevant?.

Also, does anyone have a page number reference for where this armor appears in the novel?

Thanks

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  05:08:28  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Basically, what it was used for, what it does in more descriptive terms (other than what I know, which is basically all that I typed in my post above), whether it's possible to create something like this in a campaign, and anything else that you feel is relevant?.

Also, does anyone have a page number reference for where this armor appears in the novel?

Thanks

The armor is first mentioned on pages 74-75 (of the newest edition of Prince of Lies) and it's put into action in Chapter 11.

The armor was crafted by Gond himself in the novel. I suppose it would be possible to get a set made, but it would be an awfully powerful artifact and one that causes incredible suffering on the part of the wearer. Because of how the armor is used in the novel, I'd exeoect you'd bring about some pretty strong reactions from high-ranking followers of various deities if you tried to put some into play in your campaign. The reaction from the devotees of magic would be strongest, since the armor was designed, in part, to show the power of technology over sorcery. In fact, it might be considered the point where craft actually becomes a magical art.

As for specific powers--you know, I never actually statted them out. This was an instance where I basically let the armor do everything the story required. It was hand-crafted by Gond, based on Cyric's specifications--his plan was to use the armor to create a squad of magic-resistant, incredibly powerful Inquisitors, who could stamp out resistance to his plans and quash heresy within his church. I figured it was a safe assumption the armor could do whatever the Inquisitors needed it to do, since it was planned and crafted by gods.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

Edited by - JamesLowder on 11 Apr 2004 05:09:33
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  19:46:53  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Mr. Lowder.

What are you up to these days? And can we expect to see another masterpiece from you soon? WOTC? FR?

Also, I once read that you wrote/edited a selection of short stories dealing with 'Cthulhu.' Could you please tell me the title of said book?

If I'm not mistaken, your story takes place in Afghanistan where a young Dr.Watson meets up with the Elder One.

Thank you for your time.

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2004 :  18:46:31  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom_Lord

Dear Mr. Lowder.

What are you up to these days? And can we expect to see another masterpiece from you soon? WOTC? FR?

Also, I once read that you wrote/edited a selection of short stories dealing with 'Cthulhu.' Could you please tell me the title of said book?

If I'm not mistaken, your story takes place in Afghanistan where a young Dr.Watson meets up with the Elder One.

Thank you for your time.

While I'm hardly Mr. Lowder, I can tell you the excellent book (with Jim's marvelous Watson story) is SHADOWS OVER BAKER STREET; don't know if it's yet in paperback or still only available in hardcover, but it shouldn't be too hard to track down. It's well worth the money and time to find and read it.

Steven Schend
Hardly an unbiased opinion but trustworthy enough in this instance

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 :  07:32:28  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Mr. Schend!

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 :  22:31:11  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom_Lord

Steven was correct about the title of the Sherlock Holmes/Cthulhu mythos anthology (thanks, Steven; glad you liked the story!) that contains my Watson in Afghanistan story, "The Weeping Masks." Shadows Over Baker Street is still available in hardcover, but a trade paperback is planned, I believe. The book has a number of great stories by such writers as Neil Gaiman and Brian Stableford and Caitlin Kiernan, and mine has received very good reviews and made the "honorable mention" list for the latest Year's Best Fantasy & Horror.

No plans right now for new work for WotC or in the Realms. I'm in the midst of writing a dark fantasy novel, Brotherhood of the Lost, which shares a setting with R.A. Salvatore's Demon Wars series; that's due out next year. I have an original short story in the superhero anthology Path of the Bold, released in the past week, and a comic book story in the Demons anthology comic due out shortly from Moonstone.

I'm editing a pulp-themed anthology, Astounding Hero Tales, due out next August; it contains original stories from Lester (creator of Doc Savage) Dent, Hugh B. Cave, Robert Weinberg, and many others. I also recently signed on as consulting editor for the upcoming fiction line tied to the City of Heroes on-line game.

Thanks for asking!

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2004 :  10:14:04  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! I don't suppose you would be able to give us a more detailed intro on your involvement with the City Of Heroes project and more importantly, if you would consider doing something like that again on other projects? (there are after all 4 other MMO's of no small repute set to release in the next 2 year)

Thanks in advance

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2004 :  17:22:49  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MuadDib

Wow! I don't suppose you would be able to give us a more detailed intro on your involvement with the City Of Heroes project and more importantly, if you would consider doing something like that again on other projects? (there are after all 4 other MMO's of no small repute set to release in the next 2 year)

Thanks in advance

Knowing my interest in superheroes, a friend pointed me toward City of Heroes before the game was released. After checking it out, I pitched the idea for CoH fiction to CDS Books in New York, for whom I was already writing a novel. (I knew CDS would be a good home for the project because they had already secured the Everquest fiction license.) CDS eventually secured the CoH license and brought me on in a freelance capacity as "consulting editor." I'll be finding the authors and cover artists, coordinating the editing, working with the CoH folks on continuity matters, and the like. I might also end up helping Cryptic/NCSoft secure professional short fiction for the web site, but the details there are still being hammered out.

My editing and book production experience--line editor for the Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft fiction lines, anthologist for Eden Studios and Guardians of Order, executive fiction editor for Green Knight Publishing's Pendragon fiction line--has prepared me pretty well for the assignment. There are very few jobs connected with the creation of fiction titles and prepping them for printing I've not done at one time or another, from writing novels and short stories to content editing, typesetting and cover design to filing for ISBN numbers and negotiating printer contracts. And 30+ years of comic book reading has prepped me pretty well for the subject matter for City of Heroes fiction.

I can't really say more about the individual CoH books just yet, though I will note that we have our first choice for cover artist locked in and have two of the initial three books assigned to terrific authors (and talking with other terrific authors about the third). I am looking forward to working with the guys at Cryptic/NCSoft. All the people I've had the chance to meet from both companies are really sharp, and Cryptic recently hired Zeb Cook and Shane Hensley as the core designers for City of Villains; Shane and Zeb are incredibly talented and happen to be two guys with whom I've been friends for many, many years.

As for getting involved with other MMOs--it's always a possibility, but right now my schedule is pretty packed, between the novel I'm in the midst of writing, my regular reviews for Amazing Stories, the pulp anthology I'm editing for Hero, various short fiction and comic book scripting projects, and now the City of Heroes gig.

Man, I gotta get back to work

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

Edited by - JamesLowder on 24 Aug 2004 20:12:21
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2004 :  12:51:17  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a great response!

Thank you so much, and best of luck with the work. I hope I get to see some of it

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2004 :  13:18:08  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for asking!

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

No problem.

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2004 :  02:03:36  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MuadDib

Wow, what a great response!

Thank you so much, and best of luck with the work. I hope I get to see some of it

A lot of the projects I'm working on these days are higher profile than some of the stuff I did during the past few years, so it should be easier to track down. Hope you enjoy it, if anything makes it out your way.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2004 :  20:46:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got a question for you about the Cult of Frost

Do you have any furthur details for them?

Ive already gone through the Ring of Winter, 2ed Heros Lorebook, 2ed Villians Lorebook and Volos Guide to all things magicial.

Particularly any details on their organisation and activities before Kaverin Ebonhand took over?

Any help would be much appreciated

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2005 :  13:31:53  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Mr. Lowder.
I have asked many people about the possible novelization about the return of bane. But nobody seems to have a decent answer about why WOTC doesnt want to make a novel covering this crucial event.
This is to me absolutely absurd, i mean, i have read all FR books published, and there have been many great novels, but the idea of making a novel about the return of the biggest meanest god in faerűnian history seems to be a most excellent idea. Do you have any idea why wotc doesnt want to do this novel? if they are afraid that this will be a low-sale project, they really should hire some new market researchers, dont you think?
happy new year by the way
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000