Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 [2e] Monster Mythology Update Project
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7684 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2019 :  12:57:22  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AuldDragon

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Nice last name addition. Also, as odd as it may sound, the holy symbol made me smile. His association to pegataurs as well seems right, and I'd actually recommend asperii as well.

I particularly want to thank you for this, as I was wanting to introduce these 4 centaur deities in Katashaka after you introduced them to me by referencing the article in dragon #103, but to have them cross racial boundaries to several tauric races (centaurs, ram-like "bariaur-kin" as the Faerunians have named them, Hybsil, Nyaalaku <larger antelope folk than Hybsils>, and Zebrataurs).

Glad you liked it! I think the hybsils and asperii would be drawn to other deities primarily; the asperii would probably be drawn to Eachthighern or Lurue, and hybsils would probably be drawn to the primary Seelie court and Skerrit in general. Zebrataurs would probably be drawn to the four from Dragon 103 more than Skerrit though. :)

Jeff

Well, for the Hybsil, I see them favoring the OTHER centaur gods amongst those four (Naharra the fertility and love goddess, Linroth the goddess of speed, and for the males Brilros god of strength), more than this guy. Also, this is for an area where the Fey courts will hold no sway. Skerrit works as well though, and I do have him listed as an option. I'm also noting in my notes I gave Linroth the portfolio of dancing as well... not sure why, but I'm guessing I'm seeing her as a goddess of courtship/the chase (as a servitor goddess of her mother).

On the asperii though, I gotta admit, I hadn't thought to specifically tie them to THIS deity UNTIL I started reading more about him. Given the asperii's love of riding winter winds and playing in storms, they do seem like the type that may favor this guy. Lurue and Eachthighern would also seem to fit as well (and I'm putting Lurue in the area where this is, but not Eachthighern). But interestingly enough, I could see some druidic asperii, and it could be interesting to develop magic items that they might use in order to enable their spellcasting (perhaps an item that specifically allows asperii to use a telepathic voice to replace verbal components? Somatic components via twitching ears, shaking mane, and nose.... I just got an image of bewitched in my head where she's twitching her nose).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2019 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000