Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 *Spoiler* Possible mistake in The Orc King?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Handbanana
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2014 :  04:07:58  Show Profile Send Handbanana a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
To give some background, I was preparing to read The Companions novel in the Sundering series, but figured I would first refresh myself by re-reading my old Drizzt novels. Fast forward a bit and I'm reading The Transitions series. Now, my understanding is that the prologue and epilogue of The Orc King occur in the future, after the conclusion of The Ghost King.

*** SPOILER IF YOU'VE NOT READ THESE BOOKS ***

If Regis dies during the events of The Ghost King, how is he then alive to be featured in the epilogue of The Orc King?

Edited by - Handbanana on 06 Feb 2014 04:25:27

Madpig
Learned Scribe

Finland
148 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2014 :  06:01:49  Show Profile Send Madpig a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Handbanana

To give some background, I was preparing to read The Companions novel in the Sundering series, but figured I would first refresh myself by re-reading my old Drizzt novels. Fast forward a bit and I'm reading The Transitions series. Now, my understanding is that the prologue and epilogue of The Orc King occur in the future, after the conclusion of The Ghost King.

*** SPOILER IF YOU'VE NOT READ THESE BOOKS ***

If Regis dies during the events of The Ghost King, how is he then alive to be featured in the epilogue of The Orc King?

He was not in it. He might be mentioned, but was not in it.
Go to Top of Page

Handbanana
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2014 :  08:13:04  Show Profile Send Handbanana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I was foolish and read the first chapter for the following book as part of the epilogue. Feel free to delete my topic.
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2014 :  03:24:18  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Pirate King takes place over 1376 and 1377 DR.

The Ghost King, which tells of Regis's death, was set in 1385 DR, just as the Spellplague hit.

Both the Prologue & Epilogue of The Orc King are set roughly a century after the signing of the Treaty of Garumn's Gorge, or ~1472 DR (give or take).

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000