Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Please take a moment...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2014 :  22:19:04  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
...to go to the page "Gary Gygax" on Facebook.

You'll find it's someone trolling using Gygax' name and saying some pretty terrible things.

Then click on the 'gear' icon and go through the steps to report the account.

Lastly, if you ever meet the person who made the account in real life, punch him in the throat as hard as you can.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 04 Feb 2014 22:29:30

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2014 :  22:22:27  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seconded...especially the punch...

Also, make sure to report as a celebrity so that it will show.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2014 :  22:45:43  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
don't forget to kick him in the nuts..... so its personal.....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2014 :  01:04:09  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeez I just tried to do this...man the steps add up. Someone should post the exact sequence for ease of reporting.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2014 :  01:37:57  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Done. Thanks for the heads up.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2014 :  01:56:02  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Done.

For those who had trouble (like me), you need to click on the 'gear' next to 'message', not the one in the far upper right (which will also allow your to report stuff... but its a whole LOT harder).

I can never understand why some people think that kind of crap is funny.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2014 :  06:36:04  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got an automated message back saying that no action was going to be taken so I filed an an official complaint about the reporting proceedure as well.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2014 :  15:12:28  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Jeez I just tried to do this...man the steps add up. Someone should post the exact sequence for ease of reporting.

I would almost swear that the procedure changes each time you do it.

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2014 :  15:32:37  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I reported it a coupek of days ago when I first say this thread. Page is now being reported as broken link or removed. Victory!

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2014 :  17:11:17  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Tamsar for the update, and thanks to everyone who reported the link. :)

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2014 :  22:23:57  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry that I wasn't able to report this, as I've been taking a break from doing much of anything online, and the fact I'm not on Facebook probably doesn't help -__-'. Although, given the state of mind I've been in for the last few days (P.O.'ed at my DM for a bunch of random crap he's been doing with his new campaign), if I did check this out, I'd probably wind up doing something a little more... extreme than what some people have suggested.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000