Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Kemp's Egil and Nix are a cheap date
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2014 :  16:21:03  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Keepizens,

As an FYI: The first Tale of Egil and Nix, THE HAMMER AND THE BLADE, is available for a limited time for Nook and Kindle for $1.99.

Library Journal said of the book, "Delivers sword and sorcery at its rollicking best, after the fashion of Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser."

So, maybe after you've finished ERin's THE ADVERSARY and RLB's THE REAVER (which is out Tuesday!), put this on your Kindle or Nook to fill in the time before Troy's THE SENTINEL. :-)

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Hammer-Blade-Paul-S-Kemp-ebook/dp/B0076PGLKK/ref=sr_1_5_title_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391357922&sr=1-5

B&N link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-hammer-and-the-blade-paul-kemp/1107036476?ean=9780857662460&itm=1&usri=hammer and the blade

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2014 :  17:14:27  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most excellent Paul. I haven't yet sampled your Egil and Nix tales, but this is a pretty tempting impulse buy. Okay. Fine. Bought!

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2014 :  22:07:27  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Most excellent Paul. I haven't yet sampled your Egil and Nix tales, but this is a pretty tempting impulse buy. Okay. Fine. Bought!

Ha! Thanks, Brian. Hope you enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2014 :  22:15:11  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So worth it! I finally had a chance to read these when I got them for Christmas. Very cool!
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2014 :  01:12:17  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When is the next book out by the way? I can't wait to read the next one.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2014 :  01:54:32  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just started the second book A DISCOURSE IN STEEL. It is a good read so far and this series is one I would recommend to any realms fan.

Edited by - scererar on 03 Feb 2014 01:55:59
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2014 :  18:45:58  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just bought it, the price was right.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2014 :  18:46:38  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ment that the price was too good to pass up.
Go to Top of Page

Valmour
Acolyte

27 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2014 :  16:57:13  Show Profile Send Valmour a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up on this book, I just bought it and after the first ten pages or so, I am hooked. Might just have to buy the next in the series.

I am more than willing to gamble on a book that costs just a few dollars. I really wish they would do this with other books that are in a series, because, case in point this book, I would have not bought this book, but now I am enjoying this book and will probably also get the next.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000