Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 What are you reading? (2014) (and 2015)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2014 :  03:21:43  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I finished The Daedalus Incident yesterday. I enjoyed it so much I'm going to be looking for the sequel when I go to the bookstore this weekend -- The Enceladus Crisis.

Cool I'll check this one out soon.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2014 :  04:04:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by DragonReader

quote:

I finished The Daedalus Incident yesterday. I enjoyed it so much I'm going to be looking for the sequel when I go to the bookstore this weekend -- The Enceladus Crisis.

Cool I'll check this one out soon.

I quite recommend it.

I went to the bookstore today, but sadly, they no longer had copies of The Enceladus Crisis on hand, so I had to special order it... I guess that's fine, though, since it'd be a week or so before I was able to read it, anyway. Everything gets put down once a new Dresden Files book comes out!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 25 May 2014 04:05:36
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2014 :  00:58:28  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message
Rereading Best Served Cold by Abercrombie. I love this wonderful band of psychopaths.

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2014 :  14:15:24  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
Just finished Shadow of the Winter King, by our own Erik Scott de Bie.

Loved it.

Not reading anything else until the new Dresden files appears in my kindle tomorrow

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

yurilowell
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2014 :  14:40:20  Show Profile Send yurilowell a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Just finished Shadow of the Winter King, by our own Erik Scott de Bie.

Loved it.

Not reading anything else until the new Dresden files appears in my kindle tomorrow

Reading Shadow of the Winter King right now also, about 1/3 of the way through. Also loving it so far. To me it's refreshing. Having trouble putting it down.

"It's a Drizzit!!!"

“Get him, ser, get him, get him, he's right there!!!”
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2014 :  15:20:40  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message
Just finished the kindle version of Richard Baker's Swordmage, starting Corsair.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2014 :  22:20:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
And as planned, I got Skin Game during my lunch break, and started reading it. Sadly, though, I only had enough time to read about 4 chapters, before I had to go back to work.

A crying smiley would be so much more appropriate, there...

I was too busy cleaning my computer room yesterday to be able to finish Wolfhound Century... On the plus side, though, I have confirmed the long-rumored existence of a floor in my computer room! It had been seen before, but not for a long time, and was approaching legendary status. Some, speaking in hushed whispers, were known to refer to it with capital letters -- The Floor.

Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2014 :  03:09:08  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message
Finished Empress of the Sun the 3rd book in the Everness series by Ian McDonald. As usual with McDonald it was a great read.

Now reading Strange New Words a collection of short stories by Ari Marmell.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2014 :  03:53:59  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message
Reading Dune by Frank Herbert.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2014 :  19:26:17  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message
My latest two reads have both been fantasy and Realms novels: Neversfall and Beyond the High Road.
I'll probably be tackling Death of the Dragon next.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2014 :  21:15:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

And as planned, I got Skin Game during my lunch break, and started reading it. Sadly, though, I only had enough time to read about 4 chapters, before I had to go back to work.

I was too busy cleaning my computer room yesterday to be able to finish Wolfhound Century... On the plus side, though, I have confirmed the long-rumored existence of a floor in my computer room! It had been seen before, but not for a long time, and was approaching legendary status. Some, speaking in hushed whispers, were known to refer to it with capital letters -- The Floor.

I am irked!

I've got but 34 more pages to read in Skin Game, but because I'm at work, I can't finish it until later tonight... Much later, because it's game night.

I wanna finish it now!

And then I've got to go back to Wolfhound Century, because I'm not done with it and the book I ordered from Barnes & Noble hasn't come in yet. After those two, it'll be Erik Scott de Bie's new book.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2014 :  18:41:53  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
quote:

quote:

I am irked!

I've got but 34 more pages to read in Skin Game, but because I'm at work, I can't finish it until later tonight... Much later, because it's game night.

I wanna finish it now!

And then I've got to go back to Wolfhound Century, because I'm not done with it and the book I ordered from Barnes & Noble hasn't come in yet. After those two, it'll be Erik Scott de Bie's new book.

Ohhh and what an ending!

Finished last night, liked it so much I'm thinking about rereading the series

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

yurilowell
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2014 :  15:33:22  Show Profile Send yurilowell a Private Message
Ok just finished 'The Shadow of the Winter King' by Erik Scott de bie. Loved it. Could be the start of one of the next great epic series.

Now it's back to The First Law trilogy with 'Before They are Hanged'. Thought the first one of this series was good but nothing more than that. About 100 pages into this one and it's starting to grip me more. Abercrombie's strength is certainly getting readers fully engaged with the characters.

"It's a Drizzit!!!"

Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2014 :  03:19:09  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message
Finished Strange New Words a collection of short stories by Ari Marmell. Really enjoyed it.

Now reading Please Pass the Guilt a Nero Wolfe novel by Rex Stout.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2014 :  21:43:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
I've finished everything else I was reading, but I've not made it to the bookstore to get The Enceladus Crisis, which finally came in... So I decided to revisit Arthur Dent, and re-read my omnibus edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's the four-book version, omitting the quite forgettable fifth book of the trilogy, Mostly Harmless. And I bought it in a shop in Dublin, so it's the non-censored version that I didn't even know about until I was reading it on the flight home.

I'm prolly going to swing by Barnes and Noble after work and grab The Enceladus Crisis, and I'll read it after I'm done with the four books of the Hitchhiker's trilogy.

I also recently re-acquired a manga series I'd lost in the fire, so I've been re-reading Marmalade Boy, a really light-hearted tale of a high school girl with a very complicated family life. Though I've read other stuff, I tend towards the lighter side of things when reading manga.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 06 Jun 2014 21:45:01
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  02:05:17  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message
Finished Please Pass the Guilt a Nero Wolfe mystery by Rex Stout. Started slow, but ended well.

Now reading The Sentinel by Troy Denning.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  02:46:41  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage
I recently finished SKIN GAME by Jim Butcher. I'm now into THE KRAKEN PROJECT by Douglas Preston.
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  22:16:58  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message
I'm re-reading the excellent SHADOW AND CLAW by Gene Wolfe.

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2014 :  00:35:31  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message
Currently reading Retief to the Rescue by Keith Laumer, and enjoying it immensely.

Edited by - Drustan Dwnhaedan on 09 Jun 2014 00:36:06
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2014 :  09:06:09  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message
Reading Black Tide By James Swallow.
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2014 :  07:55:31  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message
Finished reading Retief to the Rescue, now reading Neuromancer by William Gibson.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2014 :  10:04:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Drustan Dwnhaedan

Finished reading Retief to the Rescue, now reading Neuromancer by William Gibson.

Neuromancer, I've not read that one in like 10 or 15 years... I don't think I ever replaced it, after the fire. I mainly read it because I was into Shadowrun for a while, and it was of course a big influence on Shadowrun.

Right now, I'm stuck on the graveyard shift at work, so I'm reading a stack of Star Wars comics. I guess I can't complain about reading comic books, with shift differential, on the clock...

And then I'll go back to the book I'm reading, The Enceladus Crisis, the sequel to The Daedalus Incident.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 15 Jun 2014 10:05:19
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2014 :  13:11:39  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message
Finished The Herald for the second time, as I'm collecting my thoughts for a review.

Currently re-reading Downshadow, after which I'll go through the rest of the Shadowbane series again. I think Erik Scott de Bie is a fantastic writer.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2014 :  03:23:19  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message
Just finished Tymora's Luck. Starting Azure Bonds.

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2014 :  04:19:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HardKano

Good stuff, but wrong order, chronologically.

Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2014 :  11:59:10  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by HardKano

Good stuff, but wrong order, chronologically.

Lol yes i realize that when i searched the next series i was going to read after the Harpers. was going to start maztica or moonshea trilogies but i saw finder's stone whit the same authors... and i read the name Alias behind the book ... i said to myself "dah! i already read the sequels" :P better late than never !

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution

Edited by - HardKano on 18 Jun 2014 12:00:06
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2014 :  14:28:42  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message
Finished The Sentinel by Troy Denning. The ending was a bit predictable but overall I enjoyed the book. It was a quick, fun read.

Not sure what I'll read next.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2014 :  23:54:32  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage
Started NIGHT TERRORS by Tim Waggoner.
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2014 :  02:41:10  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message
Decided to read Might As Well Be Dead, a Nero Wolfe mystery by Rex Stout
Go to Top of Page

yurilowell
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2014 :  12:04:05  Show Profile Send yurilowell a Private Message
So just finished off the first law trilogy with 'The Last Argument of Kings'. Really great series. Also just finished Anthony Ryan's 'Blood Song'. This was fantastic.

Next I'm starting Mark Lawrence's Broken Empire series with 'Prince if Thorns'.

"It's a Drizzit!!!"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000