Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2014)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  18:31:43  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, xaeyruudh! Ask for lore, and ye shall receive!
So… “I'm trying to nail down Ilygelther's crazy house(s) and I thought I'd ask for some more precise directions.

"no less than six buildings on either side of the north end of Brondar’s Way" you say.

I see (on the 1109 map) five buildings on the east side of Brondar's Way, north of the Nandar villa -- "westfront" is the word, right? Then there are four on the other side, between the Ulbrinter and Maerklos villas. And of course there are several on the north side of Delzorin Street, which could serve as well. Which of these should I note as being filled with hipsters? (all grins, no offense to anyone!)

And while I have you, my wordsmith of ineffable awesomeness, what are the names of the alleys in these two blocks?

goes northward from the Nandar villa to Delzorin Street

goes east-west between Vhezoar Street and Brondar's Way and southward to the Maerklos villa

makes a "driveway" for the Maerklos and Nandar villas, beginning at Sulmor Street, running north and quickly east to end at Whaelgond Way

Okay, here we go; Ed filtered through me (which is a gently arousing feeling, believe me ).
Those five buildings you refer to are eastfront (that is, fronting on the east side of Brondar’s Way), not westfront. The four buildings between the Ulbrinter and Maerklos villas are westfront.
Yes? So, Ilygelther’s House at its height took in the northernmost pair of the westfront quartet, and the southernmost trio (closest to the Nandar villa) of the eastfront quintet.
Now, alley names:

North from the back gate of the Nandar villa to Delzorin Street: Nandar’s Ride

East-west between Vhezoar Street and Brondar’s Way with a “tee” south to the Maerklos villa back gate: Mhaershimmer Mews
(named for a long-ago wizard who dwelt in a now-vanished shack that stood on the eastfront of the southward leg of this alley)

The curving lane between Sulmor Street and Whaelgond Way, that crosses Brondar’s Way and hosts the front gates of both the Maerklos and Nandar villas:
Thalambur’s Trot
(Thalaumbur is a long-dead wealthy merchant who once owned most of the “block” of buildings enclosed by the Trot and Sulmor Street; BTW, Sulmor is pronounced “Sul-MOOR,” and Sedmond Sulmor was once a very wealthy merchant wannabe-noble who tried to get ennobled several times but was shunned; a cold, calculating villain of a man, he attempted to purchase lichdom for himself, and likely succeeded, though his fate is unknown, and he hasn’t been seen in Waterdeep for almost three centuries)

Heh. Prodding Ed for Realmslore is FUN.
Enjoy!
love to all,
THO
P.S. If you want to share the results of your recent PM here in this thread, please do, by all means. (And it's okay, too, if you rather not.)

Edited by - The Hooded One on 02 Jan 2014 18:34:45
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  18:52:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Thank you for the response, and all the other Realmslore Ed has been supplying (despite his completely insane schedule). If it makes him (and you) feel any better, we are supposed to get hit with a Blizzard in a little while, so I'll be 'feeling Canadian' for few days. Because I live in such a rural area, it took a week for them to plow our road after last year's blizzard (so that stuff happens 'down here' as well).

I also like 'Manshiara'; needs maybe another 'r' or 'a' somewhere, though.

Here's to hoping Ed (and others) get to write about stuff in the past, one way or another. Cheers.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 02 Jan 2014 18:54:25
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  18:58:02  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi, xaeyruudh! Ask for lore, and ye shall receive!

Giddy. The word of the day is giddy.

quote:

Okay, here we go; Ed filtered through me (which is a gently arousing feeling, believe me ).

Well, what you do here is more-than-gently arousing.

quote:

Those five buildings you refer to are eastfront.

Ah. I thought it was based on the which way the front of the building faced, rather than the direction from the street. *Educated.*

Thank you very much for the clarifications!

quote:

P.S. If you want to share the results of your recent PM here in this thread, please do, by all means. (And it's okay, too, if you rather not.)

THO's first reply in the 2013 thread mentioned "bluewood." I thought perhaps "blueleaf" was intended, and I didn't make anything of it until now. I didn't want to sound like an insufferable pouncer-of-potential-typos in front of everyone, so I PM'd asking if they were the same thing. The reply is:

quote:

Same species. "Bluewoods" is the term given to young shoots and saplings, that are the height of bushes, because these young trees don't develop full leaves (the famous "blueleafs") but just half-curled leaflets.

In the future, I shall go ahead and pounce. Particularly on THO.
Go to Top of Page

paladinnicolas
Seeker

92 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  19:08:29  Show Profile Send paladinnicolas a Private Message
First of all, I would like to wish all of you a very happy new year and thank both Ed and THO for being so helpful and friendly. My first 2014 question is one with which I'd like to ask some advice to better DM in the Realms. I am quite used to Eberron, my other favorite campaign setting (whose creator, Keith Baker, is also very friendly and I admire his work and closeness to fans as Ed's). Because of this, I often make my Eberron players not know who to side with, since even noble or good organizations can commit misdeeds. I wanted to ask if this happens in the Realms as well. My concern is about the Harpers, because my PCs always think that helping them is always a good thing and that it is a pure organization. Since Ed has talked about grey morality in the Realms, I would like to ask Ed or THO if the Harpers ever hurt others or engage in questionable or evil acts as assassination to further their goals, or if there are there events in which their operations are not necessarily better than those of opposing parties? I think that the Church of Tyr has not always been on good terms with them, is that so? Thanks so much!

Edited by - paladinnicolas on 02 Jan 2014 19:11:07
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  19:43:00  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message
That's a lot of "New-Year-Waterdeep-lore", I'm absolutely sure now DMs have (like me) plenty of ideas to add these clubs in the City of splendors and introduces them in game.
I'd like to thank again Ed and THO (no, that's never too much ) for this sharing.

And the Waterdeep's alley lore is nice too

Edited by - Marco Volo on 02 Jan 2014 19:44:09
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  20:08:57  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all.
Hapy pouncing, xaeyruudh. If you can catch me, by all means enjoy me.
Ahem.
paladinnicolas, your suspicions regarding the Harpers are correct. As they work against all "too powerful" (in their view) governments, they are quite often seen as foes or at least trouble by those who place law and order above goodness (or who have a different definition of "good" than the rather libertarian Harper view). Added to that, is the internal dilemma, that is waged within the ranks of the Harpers as well as outside their ranks, of the end justifying the means - - or not. If Elminster tricks people, tells lies, and does violence to arrive at a good outcome, was he justified, or not?
I'm not choosing the right answer in such arguments, just underlining that there are always opposing viewpoints, shifting viewpoints, and "shades of gray" (more than fifty, believe me ).
I can't say much more regarding the Harpers specifically, because Ed informs me that they and several other of the traditional "power groups" of the Realms are NDA right now. Which PROBABLY means he's been doing some "official" design work on them for some upcoming and as-yet-secret purpose or other.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  20:11:38  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Oh, and I forgot to mention: Markustay, Ed's reporting a full-blown blizzard out his way, too. Or as he likes to call it: "winter wolf weather."
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  21:56:40  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
And a public service announcement: Ed's involved in another Kickstarter. Fantasy superheroes, anyone?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/qtgames/arcane-synthesis-a-blended-genre-anthology-cosmoth

It never ends! Wheeeeeee!
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

paladinnicolas
Seeker

92 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  21:58:44  Show Profile Send paladinnicolas a Private Message
Thanks, as always Ed and THO!

Edited by - paladinnicolas on 02 Jan 2014 22:00:39
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2014 :  10:42:58  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
quote:

Thank you, Barastir! From me and from Ed!
Who just e-mailed me to say that a snippet from his essay for THE KOBOLD GUIDE TO MAGIC is now up on the Kobold Press site, and that said teaser DOES have relevance for the Realms, for all fantasy fiction, and for fantasy roleplaying worldbuilding.
(...)
love to all,
THO

Very very nice, lady! Thank you and thank him once more for bringing us such wonderful works!

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2014 :  18:57:50  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
quote:

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Markustay, Ed's reporting a full-blown blizzard out his way, too. Or as he likes to call it: "winter wolf weather."
love,
THO

Be safe everyone. It's about 40 above right now trying to rain with the blizzard coming in later this afternoon. Windchills of -60 below by Saturday night. Good old North Dakota, heh.

What I wouldn't give for a nice warm dwarven hole to climb into until spring!
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2014 :  19:46:52  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Sounds like a night to sit in front of a great fire in the Old Skull, and read/hear old tales of daring deeds (or empty bravado) such as ______, and enjoy tall mugs of warm ______.

Perhaps a few books/legends and beverages of Elminster's fond acquaintance to fill in the blanks, perhaps from seldom-illuminated places such as (keeping the list brief and varied) old Ascore, the Lake of Mists, and Ulgarth? Others welcome instead, of course, as time allows.

Stay warm!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2014 :  20:16:56  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message
quote:

And a public service announcement: Ed's involved in another Kickstarter. Fantasy superheroes, anyone?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/qtgames/arcane-synthesis-a-blended-genre-anthology-cosmoth

It never ends! Wheeeeeee!
love to all,
THO

Hate to toot my own horn, but I'm involved in that Kickstarter/anthology as well. Hope a lot of you folks from the Keep come take a look, as I'm writing a fantasy story (for the Arcane Synthesis) that might have some potential roots/origins from Realms ideas that never got down on paper. Just sayin'.....

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2014 :  20:07:44  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
On 21 February 2013 you mentioned some of the Heralds... Bronzetree, Gelgorget, Hardragonet, and Elmaer.

1. Which cities/towns do these named offices correspond to?

2. Glancing at the list of local heralds in Code of the Harpers (p 75-76) I see only Lazalar (Ordulin) from Sembia's cities. In addition to the three (a guess, since you said that "most" are) Sembian offices named above, what are the other heralds' offices in Sembia?

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2014 :  20:25:47  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Happy New Year All

Can Ed (or THO if the Knights ever came across them in the Home Campaign?) expand what little lore we have on the following please?

Maskar, Wizard of Espar

Jhanaethe Starsilver, bard and Harper of Espar

Old Master Halagsz of Suzail (Wizard)

and the Dragon Claws adventuring band please!

Many thanks

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2014 :  22:12:18  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message
(Damn, its been a while since I asked a question here)

1. Ed, what's the reputation of Hoar, god of vengeance, across the realms? Do they look at him differently in the Silver Marches than they do in the Dales, for example?

2. In Waterdeep, what would the reaction of the authorities be if they were informed that yesterday half a dozen extremely well armed priests of Hoar stepped onto the docks and are now sitting in an inn, looking very grim and muttering about "doing what must be done."

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2014 :  05:03:36  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Was Aumar "the Lion" (a guard captain of Silverymoon, father of Elsura Dauniir) descended from the Aumar family... or perhaps from servants of the family? Of course sharing a name doesn't really mean anything; I'm just curious. The recently-noted tendency of Cormyrean nobles to re-use old names makes me think that perhaps, over centuries, a "lost" family name might be used by descendants as a given name.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2014 :  16:37:02  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
xaeyruudh, re. this: "The recently-noted tendency of Cormyrean nobles to re-use old names makes me think that perhaps, over centuries, a "lost" family name might be used by descendants as a given name."
I can tell you that this has definitely happened. Several extinct Cormyrean noble families live on as given names within the nobility (many of whom, particularly elder sons, have three or four given names).
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2014 :  19:24:14  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message
Hi Ed,

Just been reading over various books and came across Lashan's surname; Aumersair, which I have come across many times before but then I had an epiphany.

It struck me that when prounounced out loud, Aumersair is a corruption of Aumer's heir. Which in turn could be a corruption of Aumar's heir (as in Elminster Aumar).

I'm sure this is just me reading something of nothing but is there any familial connection with Lashan's and Elminster's family tree (although given Elminster's age and fecundity he is probably related to half of Faerun by now).

Oh and I apologise if this has already been asked but it is the first time I have ever had anything to ask Ed so I was pretty damn excited

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2014 :  20:24:12  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Also related to naming, but probably not to Elminster: In one place in the Ruins of Zhentil Keep box (p 61 of the Campaign Book) Chess is named Chess Calkontor. Elsewhere he's noted as the son of Calkontor, but no last name is given. Did he in fact use his father's name as a last name, and is it typical/acceptable for Zhents (or Moonsea folk, or a larger group) to take the father's given name as a last name without any sort of "son of" prefix or other such designation?

quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

a corruption of Aumar's heir

I need to find a hat, so I can tip it to you. Pretty cool.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2014 :  20:28:40  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
quote:
I need to find a hat, so I can tip it to you. Pretty cool.
Ditto. Really great question, that.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2014 :  21:04:24  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message
If only it was one of the last open secrets staring everyone in the face in the OGB.

That would make my decade, and it would mean I could stop looking for it in that book.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2014 :  22:27:20  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
We know Elminster had plenty of 'daughters', but a few sons may have survived as well.

And by 'son' I mean a descendent of his; a thousand year old man would certainly be related to almost everyone by now (and I can use the much-shorter lived Ghengis Khan as a RW example of how easilly one's genetics can get spread around).

So perhaps Lashan wasn't so crazy after all?

Great find, Dazzerdal.

EDIT: And a question just poped into my head, related to all this: Has Elminster ever had to 'put down' (however you want to interpret that) someone he was related to?

If 'yes', I can't even imagine how that affects him.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 05 Jan 2014 22:30:55
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2014 :  22:58:25  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, fellow scribes.
Whew. You've been BUSY, this weekend.

Let's begin with xaeyruudh. Re. this: "Was Aumar "the Lion" (a guard captain of Silverymoon, father of Elsura Dauniir) descended from the Aumar family... or perhaps from servants of the family?"

Ed saith:

YES, he's descended from the Aumar family. From Elminster, in fact. A story I hope to get around to someday.

Then xaeyruudh asked: "Also related to naming, but probably not to Elminster: In one place in the Ruins of Zhentil Keep box (p 61 of the Campaign Book) Chess is named Chess Calkontor. Elsewhere he's noted as the son of Calkontor, but no last name is given. Did he in fact use his father's name as a last name, and is it typical/acceptable for Zhents (or Moonsea folk, or a larger group) to take the father's given name as a last name without any sort of "son of" prefix or other such designation?"

Ed saith: No, it's not typical/acceptable for Zhents or others to just take a father's given name as a surname without a "son of" designation. However, Lord Chess is an unusual case. His father was the founder of the Zhent "noble house" (as, in his father was one of the Zhents who called themselves "lords" for the first time, and were accepted in this by the populace), so Chess's father, Malanxh Calkontor Chess Dorrim, wanting to distinguish himself from the many related Dorrim families of Zhentil Keep and the surrounding lands, became "Lord Calkontor." Chess, the son, became Lord Calkontor in turn, but wanted to distinguish himself from his murderous, much-hated, now-dead father, and so called himself "Lord Chess," although formally he was Lord Chess Calkontor, and sometimes admitted to being "Chess son of Calkontor" when discussing what rights and powers he should have as a noble (being as his claim to those rights and powers arose out of his parentage).

We now pass on to Markustay, and this: "Has Elminster ever had to 'put down' (however you want to interpret that) someone he was related to?"

Ed saith: Oh, yes. More than once. Details later. Perhaps much, much later, because there are NDAs to stickhandle around, in some cases.

Which brings us to dazzlerdal, and this: "Hi Ed, Just been reading over various books and came across Lashan's surname; Aumersair, which I have come across many times before but then I had an epiphany. It struck me that when prounounced out loud, Aumersair is a corruption of Aumer's heir. Which in turn could be a corruption of Aumar's heir (as in Elminster Aumar). I'm sure this is just me reading something of nothing but is there any familial connection with Lashan's and Elminster's family tree (although given Elminster's age and fecundity he is probably related to half of Faerun by now). Oh and I apologise if this has already been asked but it is the first time I have ever had anything to ask Ed so I was pretty damn excited...If only it was one of the last open secrets staring everyone in the face in the OGB. That would make my decade, and it would mean I could stop looking for it in that book."

Ed saith: A tip of the hat, indeed. Consider your decade made. You HAVE stumbled across one of the last open secrets sitting on the pages of the OGB for everyone to find. Well done! Lashan IS distantly related to Elminster, and Aumersairs before him have served as Harpers, have fought as Purple Dragons for earlier Kings of Cormyr, and have been adventurers who retired to Waterdeep to run taverns and inns friendly to adventurers. Oh, and one of them wed an elf and their descendants dwelt happily in Semberholme for nigh a century (before the Time of Troubles warfare caused some elven migrations from that haven). More tales to be told there, too. So bravo, dazzlerdal!
Damian, I will soon get to your 2014 query, and xaeyruudh's heraldic offices question, too. Just rushing to finish something before I start cooking dinner.
(Guess I'd better decide what dinner is going to be. ;} )

So saith Ed. Wheee, a happy revealed Realmslore moment!
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2014 :  23:11:25  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Thank you!

I won't even try to suggest dinner options... my culinary expertise extends only about as far as spaghetti out of a jar.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2014 :  23:11:37  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Congrats, dazzlerdal!

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2014 :  23:39:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Great answers, all. Thank you once again for the wonderful lore.

Oh, and just a note - I don't mean Elminster's original family members - all that nastiness that went on with his uncles back in Athalantar.

I meant since that time... but I am sure Ed realizes that.

Edited by - Markustay on 05 Jan 2014 23:40:59
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2014 :  02:37:46  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message
Quick but weird question. What materials, both magical and non-magical, are a good conductor of energy? Especially lightning/electricity?

Thanks.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

kysus
Learned Scribe

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2014 :  02:53:54  Show Profile  Visit kysus's Homepage Send kysus a Private Message
hello THO
So I have found another question that has picked my interest of late and was wondering if either you or Ed could help me with it. It comes from Volo's guide to the north on page 41 on the banshee Agatha. Volo states that its a corruption of the elven surname Auglathla and i was wondering if ed had anymore information on this family of elves or if it was just something volo made up to give more importance to Agatha? I kinda get the feeling that at one point this was an important family or a family that had elves on importance as members for Agatha to have that name instead of using her given name. And happy new year btw.
Oh and sorry if this question has been asked already, as my search-fuu is very lacking. :)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2014 :  05:55:24  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Thats the one near Conyberry, right?

I think she made an appearance in a Drizzt novel. IIRC, Drizzt and Wulfgar had some business with her, but I can't remember any of the details.

Edited by - Markustay on 06 Jan 2014 05:56:36
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000