Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Anyone else really like Hillsfar?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2013 :  01:05:45  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Not sure if any of you older gamers remember the old "Hillsfar" PC game, but after I played the game, and finished it, I became hooked on the city. I loved basing a lot of my campaigns around the city and when the "Mysteries of the Moonsea" came out for 3rd edition, I went to the section on Hillsfar straight away.

Anyone else a fan of the city?

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2013 :  01:16:24  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anywhere in the Moonsea is great with me. Hillsfar is a very interesting city, I love the Arena and the minotaur mascots, but the video game was pretty bad! Especially compared to Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds. I still get nostalgic for the area though!
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2013 :  04:14:12  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
prefers Myth Drannor and Phlan over Hilsfar

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2013 :  05:08:18  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always found Hillsfar an interesting site, never played the game though.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2013 :  06:51:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Hillsfar, and the xenophobic nature of the city was the exact angle I needed for one of my Lords of Waterdeep. I was having problems with the guy's backstory until I read the description of Hillsfar in Mysteries of the Moonsea, and that's when it all just clicked into place.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2013 :  11:10:25  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

prefers Myth Drannor and Phlan over Hilsfar

I really like Phlan as well. Ever since I read the old Pool of Radiance book, I fell in love with that city. I used to base a lot of my adventures around the ruined areas.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2013 :  13:29:32  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I always found Zhentil Keep and Myth Drannor to be more interesting locales so I cant really say I liked it much. Their xenophobia doesn't help either.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000