Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 defender rapier
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2013 :  18:24:04  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met all! Quick question. Running the "Pool of Radiance: Attack on Myth Drannor" & the players found the +2 defender rapier. Does anyone have ANY info on this weapon? Is it a alignment weapon? Player is buggin' me about its stats. HELP!

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2013 :  18:47:48  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see no indication that a defender blade blade has any alignment restriction. It clearly is possible a single blade might have an additional restriction, however the defender ability is not an alignment restriction.

quote:
Sword,+4 Defender: This gives its wielder the option of using all, some, or none of the +4 bonus in defense (improving his Armor Class) against any opponent using a hand-held weapon, such as a dagger, mace, spear (not hurled), sword, etc. For example, the wielder can, on the first round of battle, opt to use the sword as +2 and save the other two bonus factors to be added to his Armor Class. This can be done each round.

Note that there is also a sword, +5 defender. This is identical to the +4 sword with one extra bonus point.

comes from the 2nd DMG which I used as reference for my reply.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2013 :  20:18:00  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the 3.5 info on defending weapons. Basically, like mentioned above, as a free action the wielder can transfer the +2 from attack and damage rolls to AC.

Edited by - Diffan on 04 Nov 2013 20:19:26
Go to Top of Page

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2013 :  22:02:48  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I'll looks at the DMG & also the MAGICA Tomes.
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

I see no indication that a defender blade blade has any alignment restriction. It clearly is possible a single blade might have an additional restriction, however the defender ability is not an alignment restriction.

quote:
Sword,+4 Defender: This gives its wielder the option of using all, some, or none of the +4 bonus in defense (improving his Armor Class) against any opponent using a hand-held weapon, such as a dagger, mace, spear (not hurled), sword, etc. For example, the wielder can, on the first round of battle, opt to use the sword as +2 and save the other two bonus factors to be added to his Armor Class. This can be done each round.

Note that there is also a sword, +5 defender. This is identical to the +4 sword with one extra bonus point.

comes from the 2nd DMG which I used as reference for my reply.

Go to Top of Page

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2013 :  22:04:38  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm an "old school" player, but I like the idea of the A.C. bonus. Thanks for the info.
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Here is the 3.5 info on defending weapons. Basically, like mentioned above, as a free action the wielder can transfer the +2 from attack and damage rolls to AC.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000