Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The High Ice
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pluddon
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  19:17:00  Show Profile Send Pluddon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm wondering if there is any book or source material for the High Ice and the desert around it. Thanks

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  19:30:06  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Anauroch Sourcebook is a fairly detailed resource when looking at the high ice and it's surrounding desert (anauroch).

That will give you the geography and climate etc.

For the really interesting juicy bits you have to trawl through just about every other sourcebook for the inhabitants. Lost Empires of Faerun has quite a few bits on the ruins in the high ice I believe

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Pluddon
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  19:41:47  Show Profile Send Pluddon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Time to start trawling
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  19:47:07  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was there not something about the high ice being created by some powerful artifact? Created by some powerful wizard?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  19:54:10  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, that was Pelvuria (The Great Glacier), which (I believe) is connected to the High Ice somewhere up north.

The High Ice happened - for some bizarre reason - due to the life-draining magics of the Phaerimm (leading one to think that their was some sort of artificial, magically-created warmth in that area, that probably pre-dated the Netherese).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 14 Oct 2013 19:55:15
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  20:21:42  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Nah, that was Pelvuria (The Great Glacier), which (I believe) is connected to the High Ice somewhere up north.

The High Ice happened - for some bizarre reason - due to the life-draining magics of the Phaerimm (leading one to think that their was some sort of artificial, magically-created warmth in that area, that probably pre-dated the Netherese).

Ahhh yes... my bad!
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  21:36:33  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For specifically the High Ice in the middle of Anauroch, get Giantcraft, it details the High Ice.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  23:57:24  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I‘d thought the origins of the High Ice might have somehow been linked to the Ring of Winter or the Crystal Shard?

It may also have been the result of not only phaerimm life-draining magics, but also Rampantly overpowered Netherese (counter)magics. It may even have something to do with the Sharn.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Pluddon
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2013 :  22:56:56  Show Profile Send Pluddon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Time to start trawling
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2013 :  22:19:39  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best map in my opinion is from FR13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000