Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Janni
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pluddon
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2013 :  01:35:53  Show Profile Send Pluddon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have found many different websites with rules for Janni as a player race but have yet to find a prefered class for them. I am thinking warrior but I am unsure.

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2013 :  03:12:56  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would say for sure it is Fighter or Ranger.

Going way back to Monster Manual II from AD&D; they were obviously warriors and lived in a warrior society. They are noted as being "suspicious of humans. They do not like demi-humans and detest humanoids." So that is why I thought they might make a good ranger in addition to the fact that they use composite longbows and large scimitars (equal to bastard swords) in combat. Some 60% wear chainmail armor improving their armor class as well.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Pluddon
Seeker

57 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2013 :  04:28:04  Show Profile Send Pluddon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I'm doing 2e right now too
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2013 :  08:02:38  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
pathfinder has a suli-jann player race available
offshoot of their janni

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-suli

but your right, doesnt show a favored class for them either.

not even sure thats what you are looking for but its an option......

you could use the gensai favored class tooo

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2382 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2013 :  16:34:00  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Warrior, yes. Elemental sorcery seem to be ever-present, but less common pastime, and there's no reason to assume these aren't good with weapons.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2013 :  23:12:45  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say there is no base class. Just like there is no base class of humans. If i was going to suggest kits, I'd say look to Arabian adventures: for warriors, use desert-rider; for wizards use sorcerer; for rogues either sa'luk, matrud, merchant rogue, rawun (kinda a desert bard); for priests I'd go with either Idol priests or Mystics.
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2013 :  00:43:18  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

pathfinder has a suli-jann player race available
offshoot of their janni

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-suli

but your right, doesnt show a favored class for them either.

not even sure thats what you are looking for but its an option......

you could use the gensai favored class tooo

It was removed in development, but if it helps at all, the original design for the suli called for a favored class of paladin or ranger--whichever the character took first.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000