Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 so since wotc dropped their forums
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  05:35:04  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
fora community site

will candelkeep 2.0 get a community site or forums??

and when is candlekeep 2.0 coming???

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  07:09:33  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just checked and the WotC forums are still around. Maybe you misheard the news or confused it with the announcement that Dragon and Dungeon are going dark in January 2014?

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  07:12:39  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Allot of the old links, and handbooks for 3.5 forums lead to the main site, so I think drop he means that the archived or old things were demolished.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  20:04:39  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
no they dropped their old forums for a community site style.

( not to mention they ip perma-banned a few members for no reason...., I'm not one of them)

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  21:20:48  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well IP banning could be because of one user despite the number of users that uses the IP.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  21:30:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

no they dropped their old forums for a community site style.

( not to mention they ip perma-banned a few members for no reason...., I'm not one of them)

I was banned long ago, but they didn't do it by IP.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  22:24:00  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
??? Forums are still there.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  03:36:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'm a little confused by this. I was just on the boards earlier this very morn.

Are you sure you have the right link, sfdragon?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

ksu_bond
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
214 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  03:42:43  Show Profile Send ksu_bond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he's commenting on the type or manner in which they now operate...but I could be wrong...
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  04:25:19  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ksu_bond

I think he's commenting on the type or manner in which they now operate...but I could be wrong...

nah you're right

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

ksu_bond
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
214 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  04:45:18  Show Profile Send ksu_bond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

quote:
Originally posted by ksu_bond

nah you're right

W00T! W00T!

I'm not a fan of the new community site format over at WotC, and much prefer the more traditional forums...though a update or two would be nice
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  05:08:27  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MEh the new board styles I am seeing, are ugly tricolor focuses, that are bright and distracting to the eye. I like the darker earth tones you see on here and GITP.

Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  10:54:22  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Traditional style forums are better
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  13:08:32  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haven't been back there yet. WotC changes things too much... it gives me a headache. On the other hand, Paizo's 'plain vanilla' presentation is a bit cold and sterile - I find I can't really stay there long (a board without smiles is a board for Vulcans!!!)

I find CK comfortable with its 'ancient feel' (we can always tell people its 'retro', but that would be lying. )

CK2.0 is like Bigfoot or Nessie - Oh, it exists... but if we ever actually caught one it wouldn't be as much fun anymore.

Hmmmm... not sure where the heck I was going with that {scratches head}.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 19 Sep 2013 13:09:00
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2013 :  08:03:13  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must agree with Markustay, I really like the 'ancient feel' of Candlekeep. Don't quite know what to make of the 'CK2.0 is like Bigfoot or Nessie' statement, though. It looks a little like some of the nonsense I post. (Does this mean nonsensicality is contagious?)
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2013 :  08:46:51  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well you are sorta new here, CK2.0 is something that has been "worked on " for a few years now, and never really shows up lol , think how long gmail has been in beta,then add the stone age, but subtract the War of the Roses, and you get about the right age of how long it will be until you see CK 2.0.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2013 :  13:29:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its even generated its own phenomena - Sagetime - which exists 'outside the normal universe'.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  07:12:17  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uh... 'Sagetime'??? And I don't even know how to respond to silverwolfer's post. Honestly, I'm more confused now then I was earlier. (And that's not an easy feat, believe me.)
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  07:47:45  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
then fill up a mug of gut buster

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2013 :  07:50:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drustan Dwnhaedan

Uh... 'Sagetime'???
SageTime is a derivative temporal measurement of Sage Reckoning. As originally defined by scribe D-brane in Ed's '09 scroll:-
quote:
Originally posted by D-brane

Sage Reckoning: An archaic dating system used by the monks and scribes of Candlekeep to record the amount of time that has passed since the Sage of Perth's last completed project for the great library.

quote:
And I don't even know how to respond to silverwolfer's post. Honestly, I'm more confused now then I was earlier. (And that's not an easy feat, believe me.)

silverwolfer is referring to the long speculative and projected release of an updated forum architecture called Candlekeep 2. It will offer an enhanced and more user-friendly system of interaction for scribes to better convene on all matters of Realms import here at Candlekeep.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2013 :  02:11:04  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Sage, that cleared things up for me!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000