Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Spell "Magic Words'
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dusty Ironjaw
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2013 :  03:10:15  Show Profile Send Dusty Ironjaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In the recent video covering the "Sundering" author's
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s59W4ElcxkA)
at 1:14:10
Ed Greenwood discusses the Somatic Components to some of the spells of FR....

WHERE CAN I GET THESE!?!?!?!

at 1:14:50 he states one...

OMG... COOLEST EVER!

In the games I run, I do not allow my players to cast spells or prayers without actually coming up with phrases and gestures.... but how cool would it be to have a list of these from Ed's imagination.

Is there anyway we as a community can request these?

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
-Drizzt Do'Urden
R. A. Salvatore's 'Streams of Silver' Forgotten Realms

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2013 :  03:17:55  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be awesome but I'm unsure if we would ever get them. I'm sure Ed would like to share them but he likely needs permission to do so although I don't see why a NDA would block them. Perhaps Wizbro could be persuaded to allow a net article on them.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2382 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2013 :  08:28:57  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait... wasn't this from "Elminster at the Magefair"?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2013 :  09:15:05  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think all of the Forging the Realms articles and Eye on the Realms articles have been submitted through to the end of this year, but that shouldn't stop you from posting a request on the WotC forums or even writing a quick letter to WotC asking them to post some of the spell descriptions that Ed talked about in future Eye or Forging articles, or even as a stand alone article in Dragon magazine or online as a one-off.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2013 :  00:58:38  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha, I was thinking more in terms of Volo‘s guides.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2013 :  01:24:50  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty Ironjaw

In the games I run, I do not allow my players to cast spells or prayers without actually coming up with phrases and gestures....

Do you make them perform the gestures and words at the table or just come up with them?

I went a little cantrip crazy when I first started roleplaying and at a certain point our DM said, "Look Emma... if you're going to cast Detect Magic constantly, instead of you interrupting to yell, I DETECT MAGIC each time, you need to make this motion *made weird eye mask with hands*, and then I'll just know."

I think he thought it would discourage me from casting it constantly. But I still do it to this day, three years later, heh.

"I am always here, all about you. You are never truly alone. I flow wherever life flows, wherever winds blow and water runs and the sun and moon chase each other, for there is magic in all things."

- Mystra (Ed Greenwood, Silverfall)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000