Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Any News From THE FATE OF THE FORGOTTEN REALMS?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2013 :  17:16:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Therise

I will say, for those interested, the Star Wars ship combat minis are *gorgeous* and amazing, and they're going to be releasing large ship models PDQ.

I've got no interest in playing that game -- but I've got the minis of Slave 1 and the Millennium Falcon on my desk at work. Those pieces are way detailed, especially for just a game piece.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2013 :  19:50:37  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Bane

I honestly hope that we won´t get "good triumphs because evil is portrayed incompetent" treatment again....

ala the He-man and Transformers cartoons. The comics and animated film started heading in the right direction . . .

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Plaguescarred
Learned Scribe

Canada
190 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2013 :  20:09:40  Show Profile Send Plaguescarred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Erik and Matt for chiming in.

Yan
Playtester
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2013 :  23:02:26  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Mr. James, none of us are trying to be snarky...we are just really anxious to get info on the upcoming incarnation of the setting. That said, it's a rather open secret that tons of old lore is still NDA despite the fact that little, if anything, will ever be done with much of it. It would be nice if some things were revealed (Example: The Sorceress in Grey mentioned in Volo's Guide to All Things Magical).

My reply was dry and brief. It might read poorly. I just wanted to drop in the thread that we're being cuffed. Some are being left out all-together. It's a tricky rope they make freelancers walk. If they perceive you as not toeing the line, you get cut.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2013 :  01:19:17  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And none of us wants you to get cut. There are a few really good names left writing/designing the setting and it needs all the talent that can be mustered. Thanks for the diligent work and trying to keep us updated.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2013 :  03:52:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I will say, for those interested, the Star Wars ship combat minis are *gorgeous* and amazing, and they're going to be releasing large ship models PDQ.

I've got no interest in playing that game -- but I've got the minis of Slave 1 and the Millennium Falcon on my desk at work. Those pieces are way detailed, especially for just a game piece.

I've got most of the TIE pieces on both my library desk at home, and my workstation at work. The TIE Avenger is a particular favourite!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  02:33:29  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I've got most of the TIE pieces on both my library desk at home, and my workstation at work. The TIE Avenger is a particular favourite!

For everything from Fantasy Flight, I am just super impressed with the level of detail.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  03:55:48  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

You better paint a red stripe on each solar panel.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  05:50:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:

quote:

quote:

I purchased two Avengers for exactly this reason. One without the stripe, and one with a carefully applied stripe [painted with my own trusty paints and brushes set] by my own hand.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  14:02:03  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:

quote:

quote:

I purchased two Avengers for exactly this reason. One without the stripe, and one with a carefully applied stripe [painted with my own trusty paints and brushes set] by my own hand.

Baron Fel would approve...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 23 Aug 2013 14:03:01
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  14:14:59  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure I like the fact that the gods will not be featured as much. I actually liked the novels that showed them in detail.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000