Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 TLDR of D&D Info on the Sundering*Arena game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  21:52:37  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
title is lazy sorry but here is the link

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/06/dungeons-dragons-arena-of-war-revealed?abthid=52015d83d9a6f78d39000012

“In The Sundering, two planets are literally being pulled apart,” Dungeons & Dragons Brand Director Nathan Stewart told IGN. “Over the years we’ve tweaked the world, tweaked magic and made other changes that players didn’t enjoy. The Sundering will put the Forgotten Realms back together - back the way players want."

“We didn’t want to just hand-wave these changes, or retcon them,” Stewart continued. “The Sundering provides a narrative reason for the return to the Forgotten Realms we know fans love. We want the process to be transparent, public, and open.”

Those quotes are pretty much the important, stuff, just thought I would share.

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  22:00:14  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link Silver, I will be downloading this app when it comes out.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  00:23:42  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is more stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2W__zxJroio

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/08/06/wizards-of-the-coast-launches-the-sundering/

Go my minons find things, seems the gems of knowledge have been littered along the land(internet)
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  00:48:27  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow... it sounds like they're going to dramatically revert stuff, not do some kind of compromise like it was initially stated.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  01:09:47  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget PR tends to overstate things
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  01:36:37  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something I wnated to add, from that youtube vid I posted, the demon vs lady glass church window.

That looked like the 1st layer of hell, I forgot his name, but that sword style is VERY much like his. Then again, it could easily be the demon that messed up Wulfgar and the lady could be the female woman that drizzit fell in love with, or it could be sune/mystra.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  02:24:33  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
could be mielikki

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  03:12:08  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like a neat game. Good to hear WotC has a slate of computer/video/mobile games coming out on the same slate as 5E/Next. They seemed sort of asleep during the 4E launch and the situation didn't improve during the 4E era with few video games and poorly rated ones when they did.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000